It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BelieveSurvivors and Related Topics Discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
No link. Look for yourself. Twitter hashtag: #BelieveSurvivors

(First off, my true, actually painful, empathy goes out to ALL victims, even if you are not recognized... I suggest everybody talk to the loved ones in your lives about the subject, and not just with social media participants. Everybody is focusing on the past, without giving advice and warning for possible scenarios in the future.)

Trigger warning: The following may be perceived as offensive, although it is not intended to be.

So, there was/is a walkout today, under the premise of #BelieveSurvivors... Which is trending #1 (at the time of me typing this)

I usually believe in “innocent until proven guilty,” and/so/but a lot of this (recent stuff) seems primarily like emotion, rather than objectivity... (Without evidence/prof, it might be a catch 22, because trauma can cause emotional damage, which can/may affect reasoning)

Should the time taken off by these (mostly) women to walkout be docked from pay, thus increasing the “gender pay gap?” - If not: Is that special treatment?

Should men feel safe with hiring women now?
Should the “buddy system” be used for interactions? But wouldn’t anybody who is a guy’s buddy be running a risk now.

(Loosely related: Has anyone else ever heard that other than the first time remembering something, memories are just memories of the last memories you remembered?)

Where do we go, as a nation/community/family/group from here?

Peace be with everyone.
edit on 9/24/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Don't care what identifier you are. Walk off your job because protesting is more important than paying your bills, you are fired!

Protest when you are not scheduled to work!

This political activism has become absurd as of late. To even put forth the idea that people should do what they want when they want as to their employment is absurd.

Ever have to schedule employees to work? If you did, you would know how ridiculous it is to make excuses for people who choose not to show up for work because they would rather go to a protest.
edit on 24-9-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

A lot of the walkoutees were sponsored by their employers, as evidenced by pictures on Twitter... I wonder if any of THOSE companies had anybody that DIDN’T walkout...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The problem is that people cannot and, apparently, are unwilling to differentiate between belief and guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

What we have become is a politicized society that elevates emotional reactions above all else. There used to be a time when people would wait for relevant information and form an opinion from there--maybe not all people, but a much larger slice of society. We have lost that, and simple accusations and hasthag-believe-her-because-she's-a-woman type of mentalities become the driving force of the verdict of public opinion.

It's really sad and pathetic to watch, to be honest, but all I can do is try to spread logic around concerning this type of behavior and hope to make people reflect on their willingness to believe for the sake of believing--and that covers so many topics within the past decade that it's embarrassing for the human race.

ETA:

originally posted by: japhrimu

A lot of the walkoutees were sponsored by their employers, as evidenced by pictures on Twitter... I wonder if any of THOSE companies had anybody that DIDN’T walkout...

Great, so now we're 'corporatizing' emotional outrage. THAT's going to fix the problem...

edit on 24-9-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

And we wonder why so many businesses lose money and go bankrupt? Said it many times. Worst thing a business can do it become political. Money is money and I don't care who is willing to spend it in my establishment!

I just don't vote for politicians but I vote with where I spend my money, and I can tell you this. I would never spend my money at an establishment dumb enough to use politics to deny service to anyone or show me thru their political beliefs that they don't care about me spending money at their establishment.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

More paid protestors? This is my shocked face.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
And how many of these "storys" are just storys? How many people are jumping in with their "experiences" so that they can be a part of the movement.

10%?
30%?
50%?

I'm going with +50%.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Her vague accusations definitely make him a victim. She has no self respect as I recall it started out trying to get her clothes off now it's rape. But who raped who???

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Whats even more shocking is the death threats issued on BOTH sides. The second someone accuses another person of something, the #immagonnakillyou brigade leaps out from the basement.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I know I'm gonna sound harsh now but this isn't just politised crap this is highly emotional attention seeking crap!
How many of us in our teens hasn't had at the very least one "incident" which by today's standards is allegedly assault?
Teens hormones alcohol experimentation pushing boundaries....we've all been there and the vast majority of us don't sit around for 30yrs waiting for an opportune moment to destroy someone we don't like or whose father was the judge that foreclosed on our parents house.....we get on with growing up and living life.

If there was a true assault or rape, you reported it, you told people, friends or relatives, particularly women who always have their "bestie" with whom there are no secrets! Even if you didn't get believed or the police didn't act, you didn't tell the media as no-one truly attacked wants that kind of attention!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
#Survivebelievers

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Let me guess ... the walkouts mostly occurred on the coasts in blue enclaves where people care about virtue signalling more than working?

top topics

join