It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein at White House, expects to be fired

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
If they end up firing him, it will further energize Democrats for Mid-Terms and affirm the perception that Trump and the GOP desperately need to be checked in power.

Only in certain groups who allow excessive ideological beliefs to supersede any logic.

And I'm not discounting that there is a large number of them.

But at the same time, this could energize some Repubs who think that Trump is being too lenient with letting these questionable people continue running the show.

The fact that Trump is in the White House is evidence that public perception of how they think Trump's actions will affect a political vote isn't exactly without error.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: soberbacchus

He will either quickly severely limit the investigation or shut it down IMO.

I think it's in Trump's best interest the investigation finishes and is released to the public.

I'd be surprised if it isn't completed and released.

And here getting ahead of the messaging:

Two of President Donald Trump’s personal attorneys, Jay Sekulow and Rudy Giuliani, stated Monday that a “time out” should be called on special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, should Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein be out of a job.
If, in fact, Rod Rosenstein does end up resigning today, I think it clearly becomes necessary and appropriate...that there be a step back taken here, and a review, a review that has to be thorough and complete...and basically a timeout on this inquiry,” Sekulow said of the Mueller probe

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

59% of voters Approve of Special Counsel Investigation (FOX Poll)
www.kare11.com...

63% approve of the Special Counsel Investigation
www.msn.com...

His core supporters will follow him, but Trump needs the moderates in order to hold onto the Senate or House. He loses the Moderates and energizes the Dems with a Sat Night Massacre.

He is in a tight spot. Honestly, you would think his best option would be to let the SC investigation complete unhindered and clear him.

The fact he is entertaining choices that represent a harm to him means he fears greater harm if he doesn't act and Special Counsel concludes.

edit on 24-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: vinifalou

And when they get caught they retract the story and say it was a mistake.

For example.....

New York Times Spreads Fake News About Nikki Haley’s $52,701 Curtains

And here is the fake news story.

Editors’ Note: September 14, 2018

An earlier version of this article and headline created an unfair impression about who was responsible for the purchase in question. While Nikki R. Haley is the current ambassador to the United Nations, the decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration, according to current and former officials. The article should not have focused on Ms. Haley, nor should a picture of her have been used. The article and headline have now been edited to reflect those concerns, and the picture has been removed.

FAKE NEWS!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

So Trump's Personal Lawyer, Former Campaign Chief, National Security Advisor, Foreign Policy Advisor, Deputy Campaign Manager etc. are all cooperating with the Special Counsel about what?

100 plus charges, 30 plus indictments, 10 plus convictions, 5 or more plea deals and offers to cooperate?

Nothing untoward going on?

You have a neat-o list there.

Show me anything in that list that has evidence of wrongdoing by Trump or "Russian Collusion" (which, for the millionth time, is not a crime in and of itself).

That was a list of indictments, plea deals, charges and convictions.

"evidence" is what precedes those indictments.

You can examine evidence of Trump Campaign and "Russian Collusion" or more accurately "Conspiracy to Defraud the United States of America" when the Special Counsel concludes and issues further indictments.

If you can't wait until then, there is a whole lot of "evidence" in the public domain suggesting the same.

edit on 24-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

(post by Wide-Eyes removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Then you'll all have something to REEEE about the next month.

JK.

You should look up the difference between he resigning and getting fired.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

His core supporters will follow him, but Trump needs the moderates in order to hold onto the Senate or House. He loses the Moderates and energizes the Dems with a Sat Night Massacre.

And that's exactly why, out of all of the deadbeat moves that Trump has pulled off,
i'm rooting for the sacking either/or/both RR and JS
the sooner the better

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

And that's exactly why, out of all of the deadbeat moves that Trump has pulled off,
i'm rooting for the sacking either/or/both RR and JS
the sooner the better

It is checkers vs. chess.

The Special Counsel has known for over a year this was a possibility. He has a multitude of legal contingencies I have read about, like for example, the AG can't dismiss a Grand Jury, only the judge overseeing the Grand Jury can dismiss them and end their work. Or he could have filed detailed sealed indictments that have not been served or made public outside the grand jury that automatically trigger when the Special Counsel is concluded.

There are dozens of potential safeguards, and hell, Rosenstein will be a private citizen soon and able to give testimony to Special Counsel or Congress on what he knows if the Special Counsel is shut down, ditto Mueller to congress.

Trump can dig a deeper hole, but that is about it.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
(sorry this is so wordy)

59% of voters Approve of Special Counsel Investigation (FOX Poll)
www.kare11.com...

So.

63% approve of the Special Counsel Investigation
www.msn.com...

So.

As I already noted, we'll just have to wait and see, but previous predictions about Trump have fallen flat on their face, so I'll leave the speculative claims up to you and I'll do the smart thing and...you guessed it...wait and see.

He is in a tight spot. Honestly, you would think his best option would be to let the SC investigation complete unhindered and clear him.

The fact he is entertaining choices that represent a harm to him means he fears greater harm if he doesn't act and Special Counsel concludes.

We agree that he's in a tight spot, as I've already indicated. However, said tight spot has these options:
    - Let special counsel continue unabated indefinitely, with no end date mandated, and just see how long it goes on and how many people can get tangled in the web of too broad a scope of an investigation that is, IMO, pissing on the 4th Amendment rights of many of these people

- Take out the remaining bad eggs and replace them and let the investigation continue under the parameters above

- Take out the remaining bad eggs and replace them with people who will wrap this thing up

- Stop the thing altogether in the interest of removing a side-show, obvious attempt at trivializing his presidency based on the knowledge that it was all started based on questionable, if not outright false, premises

All of those come with political risk and are fodder for the ideologically insane (on both sides), but if Trump were to take the time to spell out the reasoning behind getting rid of Rosenstein and all of the other questionable issues surrounding the special counsel, I think that the average American would see this for the façade of "justice" that it is.

The problem with polling is that I'm willing to bet that the average person who answered is ignorant to the true details about the investigation thus far (details that we know, anyhow)--polls based on ignorance mean nothing. The pervasive apathy in America leads me to believe that, like me, most people support investigations of wrong-doing, the difference is that most people just ASSUME that evidence of wrongdoing exists and warrants such an invasive investigation.

This isn't necessarily the case, here, and furthermore, I doubt that they even truly understand the expansion of power that a special counsel holds versus a standard investigation.

And your assumption that he's afraid of greater harm to him if he doesn't take steps to start wrapping this up are based on pure speculation--you have no idea what Mueller has on Trump, if anything of substance or at all. I would argue that he has nothing that will stick, otherwise we would have had some major leaks by now, judging by how vogue it is to leak information out of Washington these days. Especially since we are basically days away from a relatively important election season.

As for your other response to me, I am waiting, but you're ignoring that there is nothing pointing directly to Trump as of yet, but you present these theories that he's scared of what is happening and that Mueller has substantive stuff on Trump, all without any evidence. You don't need to preach to me about waiting and seeing--that's been my stance since the start of it all, and it's specifically what I've said in this thread.

Multiple times.

And for the record, circumstantial evidence in the public domain means diddly sh*t right now--if you start invoking that, it only leads to a bigger realization that, at this point, you're grasping at straws.

Again, wait and see...but waiting and seeing doesn't mean making unsubstantiated claims. It's kind of the opposite, really.

And it doesn't mean letting an investigation based on shaky ground continue forever.

edit on 24-9-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Shhhh... keep it quiet ;]

(post by Cassi3l removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If Rosenstein gets fired, throw another log on the obstruction fire.

Even if the reports are alleged that Rosenstein taped Trump, both sides of the isle have set the precedence that's all they need. Something I don't agree with or support, but I'll call both sides out for cherry picking when they are guilty of it.

He can totally fire Rosenstein.

Especially if it leaks out of the White House that someone there was behind the anonymous story on Axios about Rosenstein “verbally” resigning. And if they were, you better believe it will find it’s way out eventually.

Lol, why would that be a problem? Is selectively leaking all of a sudden a problem? How do you like them apples??

If it’s part of a bigger push to discredit an investigation into yourself and your campaign, how could it not legally be a problem?

Even if Trump ends up firing Mueller, the investigation and what it’s uncovered doesn’t magically go away.

You seem to have forgotten that the SC is not investigating Trump.

You keep making this erroneous claim.

In April of this year both the Washington Post and AP reported that the SC is investigating Trump as a "subject" of the investigation, but not yet a "target".

apnews.com...

This is the primary reason that Mueller wants to interview Trump. By FBI policy, subjects of an FBI investigation are given the opportunity to voluntarily meet with the FBI and tell their side of the story. If they won't meet voluntarily, then they can be subpoenaed if they advance to the point of being a target.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

How so the man was planning a coup that my friends is at the least sedition and at worst treason . Yes I know people will tell you it's ok to record a conversation in dc if 1 of the parties knows about it and other does not but in secure facilities like Pentagon, military bases ,cia facilities and the like recording conversations and taking pictures or video is a felony and why would those same rules not apply to oval office where classified material is brought in every day?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Only in certain groups who allow excessive ideological beliefs to supersede any logic.

Yeah the people with TV sets who watch him. AKA Everybody...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Oh right. Of course he thinks that. Id like to know the reasoning behind it though.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The fact he is entertaining choices that represent a harm to him means he fears greater harm if he doesn't act and Special Counsel concludes
Quoted for truth.

He does not want the investigation to come to a conclusion because he will be in the cross hairs when it does.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What happened yesterday? Wasn't he supposed to be meeting with trump yesterday?
Any word what happened?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join