It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein at White House, expects to be fired

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

We all know where this is going to end. Some people are just too depressed over it to admit it.
edit on 9242018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

(post by Wide-Eyes removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: CADpro
Right on cue...what did the home serve you for lunch today?

I've always found that using substance in a debate is a better tactic than ad hominem.

Emotion doesn't win debates, substance and facts do.

Carry on.

Like your poopy talk in the other thread? Turd with girth as you described? Yeppers...that's substance.

Aw man, you didn't like that joke about Trump? You do know what a joke is right?

My threads are pretty balanced IMO, you can take a look if you want.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think you're pretty fair and balanced from reading your posts.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Hey thanks

I'll be the first to admit I'm opinionated and sometimes have bias on certain topics. But I'd be hard pressed to see anyone label me into any sort of ideology other than an individualist.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

We all know where this is going to end. Some people are just too depressed over it to admit it.

You mean wth four more years of Trump presidency correct... c’mon... you can admit it... 😜👍

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Hey thanks

I'll be the first to admit I'm opinionated and sometimes have bias on certain topics. But I'd be hard pressed to see anyone label me into any sort of ideology other than an individualist.

Absolutely. You're one of those that makes me take a step back and reconsider. It's great to have you here. A true ATSer.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I'm going to have a cold one to that later, thank ya kindly !

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: underwerks
If Rosenstein gets fired, throw another log on the obstruction fire.

Except its not 😏

Throw another bucket of water on the leftist smoke, considering there never was fire 🤣

How is publicly firing the person charged with overseeing the investigation into your campaign not obstruction of justice?

How is announcing on TV that you fired Comey because you thought the Russia investigation was wrong not evidence of obstruction?

Mueller was probably right when he told Trumps lawyers he isn’t under investigation.

They seem to already have him.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You're very welcome and I'm having a cold one right now. Cheers mate.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The President , being a Very " Wise Man " , Will Not take the Leftist BAIT and Fire Rod Rosenstein . He Will Make Him Squirm Until He either Spills His Guts about the Truth behind the FISA Warrants , or Suddenly Suffers a Mysterious Death Before he can Talk . We The People Know where the Presidents Heart is , and He Will do the Right Thing , So Help Him God !

edit on 24-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

How is publicly firing the person charged with overseeing the investigation into your campaign not obstruction of justice?

Do you think it would have an impact on the investigation that Mueller is heading?

How is announcing on TV that you fired Comey because you thought the Russia investigation was wrong not evidence of obstruction?

Comey dug his grave when he announced (against FBI usual protocol) a week prior to the election they started to review Hillary Clinton's email investigation.

Comey said that Trump wasn't under investigation at the time, more specifically Trump was mad he wouldn't publicly say that.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Trump is known for firing people except when it comes to Making America Great Again. lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Well, because of the legal definition and elements of "obstruction of justice," for one.

Firing an inept overseer who should have recused himself anyway is not obstruction of justice. Neither would the outright ending of an investigation that has yielded zero results related to it's original intent.

That's not why Comey was fired. I would hope that you know that by now, with all of the evidence of Comey's wrongdoing.

Mueller was probably right when he told Trumps lawyers he isn’t under investigation.

They seem to already have him.

No, they don't...that's the silliest thing that I've read in a while. Every day that passes indicates that there's less and less chance of them tying anything of any real substance to Trump. That's readily evident if your objectively watching the circus unfold.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth

If Rosenstein gets fired, throw another log on the obstruction fire.

Even if the reports are alleged that Rosenstein taped Trump, both sides of the isle have set the precedence that's all they need. Something I don't agree with or support, but I'll call both sides out for cherry picking when they are guilty of it.

He can totally fire Rosenstein.

Especially if it leaks out of the White House that someone there was behind the anonymous story on Axios about Rosenstein “verbally” resigning. And if they were, you better believe it will find it’s way out eventually.

Lol, why would that be a problem? Is selectively leaking all of a sudden a problem? How do you like them apples??

If it’s part of a bigger push to discredit an investigation into yourself and your campaign, how could it not legally be a problem?

Even if Trump ends up firing Mueller, the investigation and what it’s uncovered doesn’t magically go away.

You seem to have forgotten that the SC is not investigating Trump.

Jr. or Sr.?

I do know that a long time ago, Trump's lawyers claimed they were told he was not a "Target".

Which makes sense as a sitting President is impeached, not arrested.

Junior has no special privilege though and Steve Bannon has predicted that the Special counsel is going to "crack him like an egg on national television".

Interesting times ahead.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It's not "leftist bait," people just like to think that way because they're ideologically driven.

Firing Rosenstein, from the things that I've read about his actions, is a very, very appropriate thing to do. I do admit that the reason that he hasn't been fired yet is probably because of political considerations, but that can only last for so long. I also believe that it would be a politically bad move to fire Rosenstein, but again, sometimes political considerations lose their luster and one must do what needs to be done.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Do you think it would have an impact on the investigation that Mueller is heading?

In short, yes. Solicitor General Noel Francisco, who would replace Rosenstein, is ideal for Trump's purposes.

He will either quickly severely limit the investigation or shut it down IMO.

That said, the Special Counsel has had over a year to prepare for this contingency, so we will see what that knife fight looks like when we get there, but my money is on Mueller.

edit on 24-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I think it's in Trump's best interest the investigation finishes and is released to the public.

I'd be surprised if it isn't completed and released.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

More to the point, they want Rosenstein to RESIGN, not be fired.

Reporting is that he has been negotiating terms of his resignation with John Kelly since Friday.

If they end up firing him, it will further energize Democrats for Mid-Terms and affirm the perception that Trump and the GOP desperately need to be checked in power.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think it's in Trump's best interest the investigation finishes and is released to the public.

I'd be surprised if it isn't completed and released.

I might debate what is in Trump's best interest or not, but that is really a mute point, as Trumps entire Twitter history is testament to the fact he regularly disregards what is in his best interest.

edit on 24-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join