It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports that Rod Rosenstein Has Verbally Resigned To John Kelly

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

News saying he has been summoned to the white house. Justice dept says he is not quitting. If they want him out they will have to fire him.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Your kidding....

If this was all just a rumor that the media ran with for clicks i am going to be pissed.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There is a lot of misinformation going on.

Fox sources saying now that RR is not resigning or being fired and is expected at the WH for an event to take Sessions place as Sessions is enroute from Alabama to DC.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

News saying he has been summoned to the white house. Justice dept says he is not quitting. If they want him out they will have to fire him.

Justice department says he's not quitting....until he quits!

Forgive me if I take what the "Justice" department says with a grain of salt these days.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Fire him so you crazy loon leftists can scream Trump's obstructing justice?

He can keep embarrassing himself as long as he wants.

FISA declass will bring down the house.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Man its getting hard to follow this 50D chess.

Who is in charge of the FISA declass now that he resigned?

I don’t think Trump is playing chess . He’s called peoples bluffs, he’s bluffed, he’s walked the dog, set up bait, keeps his cards close to his chest and he tries to keep people rattled. Chess tactical game it’s not bold and over bearingIng. In my opinion he’s playing a man’s game poker.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I mean. That's what I would do. Trump is the one who wants him out. Why appease him by resigning? Force Trump to fire Rosenstien so the optics look bad on Trump not Rosenstein. Makes sense.

Yes that would be the correct calculus if Rosenstein is acting by the motivation of wanting to resist trump and see bhim fail.

If he was not doing that, and was instead motivated by what is good for the country, he would say something to the effect of

"Mr president, I did not do what is claimed I did. However, if you have lost confidence in me, then I will step down"

Just my opinion.

Depends on whether he actually did, or not, what the NY times article says. If that is true then he just lied.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Not to use your own words against you, but your stance on the kavanaugh thread seemed to be we shouldnt worry that weaponizing sexual abuse because its been done before.

You're more than welcome to use anything I say as part of our discussions.

So why your worry here, distractions happen all of the time?

Syria is a bit more concerning than a political appointment sabotage. That said, I do believe I elaborated I didn't support or approve that tactics used with kavanaugh, rather that I didn't think it was unprecedented or extreme enough to be a good portion of new topics on ATS.

But on the specifics, sure i guess he could be distracting us by firing rosenstein. I guess he could also distract us by not firing rosenstein, and allowing stories of him stonewalling to continue to be written.

I doubt he'll fire him, but I wouldn't flip out if he did. The distraction would be more of the dwindling cabinet, not Rosenstein specifically.

So either way, anything done could be considered a distraction.

I'd be hard pressed to argue with you. Trump has a style similar to Nixon. Both were/are fast and loose, hard for the discussion to keep up with, and even harder for opposition to predict and counter.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I did.

See above.

Oh, how about a link then?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Says a lot about how they really feel about the guy. Not fit for office. I saw it a long long time ago.

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
There is a good chance that the contents of the FISA documents are at this moment being discussed in the White House.

And there's a good chance your Paladin failed his save versus spells.

link   
www.axios.com...

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has verbally resigned to Chief of Staff John Kelly in anticipation of being fired by President Trump, according to a source with direct knowledge. Per a second source with direct knowledge: “He’s expecting to be fired,” so he plans to step down.

two sources with axios...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

This is unconfirmed. But Kathleen Harris just said a anonymous source confirms he’s tendering his resignation .

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If.... the worlds biggest two letter word.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.axios.com...

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has verbally resigned to Chief of Staff John Kelly in anticipation of being fired by President Trump, according to a source with direct knowledge. Per a second source with direct knowledge: “He’s expecting to be fired,” so he plans to step down.

two sources with axios...

I can see either side on the validity of the claim. We've seen tons of news stories claiming someone is days away form stepping down.... The results have been mixed bags, best taken with a block of salt.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

This is unconfirmed. But Kathleen Harris just said a anonymous source confirms he’s tendering his resignation .

Rumors say the official document will be redacted.

😃

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Nonsense.
The 25th Amendment was not designed to allow one of the President's subordinates to secretly tape him to gather evidence of incapacity and then lobby his cabinet to get him removed.

Since you don't have one allow me to explain how the Constitution works, it's not a list of things you can do, it's a list of things the government cannot do.

If you have legal sources stating the opposite I would love to see them otherwise it's just your opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

The word from the justice department is he will not resign and if trump wants him out hes going to have to fire him.
Just what I heard on the news ten minutes ago. Obviously the situation is evolving.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
If.... the worlds biggest two letter word.

Is?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The person who would take the reigns of the SC investigation is Noel John Francisco, the Solicitor General.
He won the travel ban case in the SC for the President.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join