It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports that Rod Rosenstein Has Verbally Resigned To John Kelly

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We were talking about the 25th amendment. You brought up sedition. Two completely separate talking points. Which one would you like to concentrate on ?

BTW I didn’t discover anything. I already knew it but continually saw you asking for links . So I figured I should supply direct quotes and links .

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It is sedition when it is part of his stated plan to unseat the president.

Resigning admits his guilt. Which makes the whole Special Counsel dirty. That will be over soon.

Yeah that's not at all how any of that works.

First off, the 25th Amendment to the US Constitution provides for a lawful process by which a president can be removed from power if he's "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office." It's right in Section 4:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

It's every bit as constitutional as impeachment and removal. It's also harder than impeachment and removal because it not only requires the VP and a majority of the cabinet to sign off on that written declaration, if the President responds to contest their letter, it requires a 2/3 vote of both houses of Congress to transfer powers to the VP.

Impeachment requires a simple majority in the House and for removal, 2/3 of the Senate. Neither requires any participation of the Executive branch.

It's not sedition to suggest that the President is unable to do his job because he's nuts nor is it sedition to suggest that because he's unable to do his job (because he's nuts), his VP and cabinet should seek to have him relieved of his authority via the process laid out in the 25th Amendment.

So that's to point one. As for, "Resigning admits his guilt" — a resignation is not an admission of guilt and in this case, there's no crime to even be guilty of.

And finally, not admitting to a non-crime doesn't transfer some sort of illegitimacy to the SC appointment. What will happen when/if Rosenstein quits/is fired is that somebody will take his place. That person becomes who Mueller reports to and Mueller will have to brief the replacement. It's then up to the replacement to determine whether the Mueller investigation continues.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Your choice of news service is what keeps you so confused

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Where did you heard this?

Do you happen to have a link?

Or maybe can point to what channel so I can dig into?

link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Whom ever he feels he can control and get what hes looking for from. Loyalty for sure. Swear your oath to me... on your knees pion..

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LMAO!!!

I just finished my coffee or it would’ve gushed out my nose .

link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
We were talking about the 25th amendment. You brought up sedition. Two completely separate talking points. Which one would you like to concentrate on ?

I never brought up sedition, that was broached by all the people with limited understanding of the subject.

BTW I didn’t discover anything. I already knew it but continually saw you asking for links . So I figured I should supply direct quotes and links .

You may want to start educating the experts on the subject then since none of them agree with you and anyone else who doesn't understand the 25th Amendment or sedition.

edit on 24-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

link   
a reply to: six67seven

Planning his secret coup... dont cha know.....

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

oh
so how does that square with the white house dr saying he is not a nut?
would attempting to declare someone "unable" when they are not be an issue?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I heard his book was finished so it was time to quit/resign/retire.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Or Goofy...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks
If Rosenstein resigns Trump can replace him with whatever lackey he wants through the vacancy act. As long as that person has already been confirmed by the Senate.

If he fires him, throw another log on the obstruction fire.

Sounds like John Barron is feeding another anonymous story to the press in hopes that Rosenstein will resign. Or at least make people think he verbally did to soften the blow for the true believers when he’s fired.

Is there any action rosenstein could be caught doing that would justify trump firing him to you?

Something actually illegal.

Not some personal definition of sedition or treason like everyone here uses.

So no president can ever fire anyone from their cabinet unless they break a law?

Or is that just for trump?

You use a shovel when you’re trying to put words in someones mouth.

Sure, Trump can fire anyone anytime he wants. I say go ahead. Fire the person overseeing the investigation into yourself while you’re also being investigated for obstruction.

What could go wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Resigning admits his guilt

Guilt in what? He is not charged with anything. Its not illegal to suggest a portion of the constitution be enacted. And its not illegal to suggest someone wear a wire.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Your choice of news service is what keeps you so confused

And many need sedation rather than sedition.

😎✋

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I always believe talking heads and lawyers over the constitution too.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The documents don't support trumps claims, therefore they will never be declassified.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Can you cite where Mueller has stated that Trump is being investigated for anything, let alone "obstruction"?

Im happy to wait.

link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I always believe talking heads and lawyers over the constitution too.

Good, you should believe people like Alan Dershowitz who teaches this subject after practicing it himself for decades because he's correct.

link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I heard his book was finished so it was time to quit/resign/retire.

Got the go-ahead signal from resistance leader ohmarosa.

🖐🛎

link   

By virtually any reasonable or rational measure, Trump is obviously unfit for the Presidency ... his willful ignorance, his ridiculous foreign and economic policies, his demeanor, comportment, and generally incohent behavior which has been both witnessed by the public and documented by White House staffers.

If Rosenstein did suggest the 25th Amendment, he's a patriot, and history will attest that.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join