It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser called classmates; admitted she wasn't certain if Kavanaugh was the offendor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

They went for Ronan with this story because they know he has an impartial image, unlike the NYT.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

he admitted to talking heads this weekend his story had no eye witnesses to the penis in face event

the nyt has stated the lady making the accusations called up her old party buddies and admitted she couldnt make a positive id on the penis either

it is a bs story
at least ronin was honest about that part

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

What sort of damage will this do the Ronan farrows credibility, and the #metoo movement?

why would it damage his credibility?
he included in the story attempts to verify the womans claims and could find NONE.
it appears he has completed a pretty thorough investigation and found only bs claims from decades ago.

These "people" had already MASSIVELY overplayed their hand with this. All they can accomplish now is to make themselves look even more foolish than they did last week.

My gut tells me that if the rabid Leftists didn't already have their neck so far into the gallows, the ones who actually have a brain would bail in an instant. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what foolishness they manufacture now.

Remember how "The Honorable" Joseph McCarthy looked in the end?

I love the smell of foolish desperation in the morning.

No. That's a slight oversimplification.

I USED to love it. But now? Now I LIVE for it.

Rack 'em up, would ya?

'Cause Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

edit on 24-9-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

But the democrats are betting it all anyway, doubling down on stupid.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Forty four years ago a hot, blond cheerleader named Cathy redacted, pulled me behind the bleachers at a local high school football game. I can't remember exactly where or when, I think I was a Sophomore. She then held my head in her hot little hands, and forced her French kisses on me roughly. I tried to protest but no one could hear me because of the game. I felt so used.
I hope Cathy and her family are now rich, if I can find her, I am going to sue her ass of destroying my life. On many a cold, lonely night I have had to relive that horrible memory.

She got you too, huh? Damn. This might need a class action lawsuit...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

he admitted to talking heads this weekend his story had no eye witnesses to the penis in face event

the nyt has stated the lady making the accusations called up her old party buddies and admitted she couldnt make a positive id on the penis either

it is a bs story
at least ronin was honest about that part

Ronan Farrow defended his Sunday night New Yorker report of a second woman alleging sexual misconduct by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“She did not flag this for those Democrats. This came to … the attention of people on the Hill independently and it’s really cornered her into an awkward position. That’s why she took the time to think about this carefully,” said Farrow, who co-bylined the report with New Yorker’s Jane Mayer.

Stephanopoulos argued Ramirez at first wasn’t sure it was Kavanaugh, and that the New Yorker report says it was only after six days she became confident.

“That’s extremely typical of these stories when dealing with trauma, alcohol, many years in between,” pushed back Farrow, who has been at the front of #MeToo coverage, including reporting on Harvey Weinstein and , most recently, Leslie Moonves.

“I think more cautious witnesses I’ve dealt with, in cases like this, very frequently say, ‘I want to take time to decide, want to search myself…and make sure I can affirmatively stand by these claims’ in the face of what she knew would be a crucible of partisan push back.”

deadline.com...

Farrow is not calling the story BS.

he is defending it and the woamn as credible, despite knowing no one has said they saw the incident happen, and that this woman called friends and told them she wasnt sure if it was kavanaugh.

Again, what damage will this do to his credibility.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So if true, can Kavanagh sue for sexual contact? She admits touching his exposed penis, although inadvertently and she thought it was fake. It still is touching in a naughty place.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

I hate to say it, but there's a sick part of me that hopes that if the Blasey Ford case IS just a case of mistaken identity, that when RBG dies, Trump nominates the person who ACTUALLY assaulted Ford for the seat.

The cries of "wait... he groped me at a party four decades ago as well!!!" would be hilarious...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

perhaps it is their best midterm strategy?
they cant run on issues so perhaps this is all they have?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Not even one eye?

Hmmm... interesting...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Do you ever wonder if this is just a distraction?

Ask yourself what would happen if he doesn't get nominated. Trump could just appoint a woman, the left would have a hard time dragging her through the mud. But either way, he'll get a nominee, it's just a matter of time.

What makes me think this is a distraction is I've not heard much content of his platform being argued by either side. Where does he stand on key issues? No one really talks about it, and in many cases I find staunch liberals/conservatives don't even really know where he stands. It's just a power trip both sides are on.

Keep your eyes on other things besides Kavanaugh, I'd bet you that in the next couple of months way bigger things are going to sneak up on us while the front page of ATS has a Kavanaugh thread in every other five new topics.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

perhaps it is their best midterm strategy?
they cant run on issues so perhaps this is all they have?

Welll that and the straegy is working.

They feel the supreme court is so important to them.

And guess what, these accusations have put the republicans on the defensive, and delayed the vote.

The republicans are cowards; they should have offered ford a chance to testify on monday, if she wasnt there; hold the vote.

Instead the opened up the door for accuser after accuser who remember after setting with democratic lawyers for a week that kavanuagh exposed himself to them.

And the more the republicans cave, the more the public gets disinterested in them, or starts to believe there is something to waht the dems are alleging.

So yes; what the dems are doing is incredibly disgusting and unethical, but it might prove to be effective, and thats all they care about.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes you are right in that other improtant stuff may be going on.

But for me, the distraction is the story.

I dont know that kavanaugh would vote that diffrent than garland would have.

But the idea of becoming a country where unfounded accusations are enough to not only ruin someone personal reputation, but to keep the from obtaining government office is one of the most dangerous threats this country has ever seen.

Are we really going to only vote for people that are certain oppressed statuses to avoid these types of allegations?

If it works this time, when will it stop?

To me, fighting this is far more important than kavanaugh as an individual.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Are we really going to only vote for people that are certain oppressed statuses to avoid these types of allegations?

When has this not been part of politics? I'm not defending it, and I think it's dirty tactics to undermine the opposing sides, but can you really not think of another example of this?

In this case though I don't think the people have much say in what is to come. Again, I'm not supporting that notion or saying it's right, just calling a spade a spade. I've sent letters and called my congressman over issues that would directly effect me and their motives were clearly driven by campaign finance. They told me in a very polite political way to go kick rocks.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

When has this not been part of politics? I'm not defending it, and I think it's dirty tactics to undermine the opposing sides, but can you really not think of another example of this?

In this case though I don't think the people have much say in what is to come. Again, I'm not supporting that notion or saying it's right, just calling a spade a spade. I've sent letters and called my congressman over issues that would directly effect me and their motives were clearly driven by campaign finance. They told me in a very polite political way to go kick rocks.

But it has never been done to this level, where it is so blatant, and there is almost no evidence at all.

If it succeeds this time, then the precedent will be set.

Its ok for a political party to set on allegations for months and bring them up at the last minute. In fact not only is it ok, it is heroic to do so.

And even if those allegations have no time given, and no location, and all of the people named to be there deny being there, it is still enough to force a withdrawal.

This is the most blatant example of this I have ever seen, and if we let it go as just another extension of this garbage, then we are quite literally doomed as a country.

I have been and will continue to fight this garbage cultural marxism, and this is the most blatant abuse of it I have seen, so I will fight it as such.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I never said Farrow was calling the story bs, I did post that he was honest about what the story was.

www.newyorker.com... aughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty.

The New Yorker has not confirmed with other eyewitnesses that Kavanaugh was present at the party.

The magazine contacted several dozen classmates of Ramirez and Kavanaugh regarding the incident. Many did not respond to interview requests; others declined to comment, or said they did not attend or remember the party.

One of the male classmates who Ramirez said egged on Kavanaugh denied any memory of the party. “I don’t think Brett would flash himself to Debbie, or anyone, for that matter,” he said. Asked why he thought Ramirez was making the allegation, he responded, “I have no idea.” The other male classmate who Ramirez said was involved in the incident commented, “I have zero recollection.”

In a statement, two of those male classmates who Ramirez alleged were involved in the incident, the wife of a third male student she said was involved, and three other classmates, Dino Ewing, Louisa Garry, and Dan Murphy, disputed Ramirez’s account of events: “We were the people closest to Brett Kavanaugh during his first year at Yale. He was a roommate to some of us, and we spent a great deal of time with him, including in the dorm where this incident allegedly took place. Some of us were also friends with Debbie Ramirez during and after her time at Yale. We can say with confidence that if the incident Debbie alleges ever occurred, we would have seen or heard about it—and we did not. The behavior she describes would be completely out of character for Brett. In addition, some of us knew Debbie long after Yale, and she never described this incident until Brett’s Supreme Court nomination was pending. Editors from the New Yorker contacted some of us because we are the people who would know the truth, and we told them that we never saw or heard about this.”

The former friend who was married to the male classmate alleged to be involved, and who signed the statement, said of Ramirez, “This is a woman I was best friends with. We shared intimate details of our lives. And I was never told this story by her, or by anyone else. It never came up. I didn’t see it; I never heard of it happening.”

James Roche was roommates with Kavanaugh at the time of the alleged incident and is now the C.E.O. of a software company in San Francisco. “Debbie and I became close friends shortly after we both arrived at Yale,” he said. “She stood out as being exceptionally honest and gentle. I cannot imagine her making this up.” He said that he never witnessed Kavanaugh engage in any sexual misconduct,

“I believe it could have happened,” another classmate who knew both Kavanaugh and Ramirez said. Though she was not aware of Kavanaugh being involved in any specific misconduct

Ramirez said that she hoped her story would support that of Christine Blasey Ford

It appears he is much more credible than most of the msm
He didnt attempt to hide the fact that all this boils down to is her claim vs his denial

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Quick and easy way to clear this one up. What was Kavanagh’s college/freshman nickname? Pretty much every guy gets one and everyone knows it pretty quickly. A girl in the laundry room at Hess Hall at UT Knoxville that I never met knew mine.

While sitting there talking she asked what floor I lived on. When I said K-3, she said “Wait, are you the one they call Satan?” Yep. After seeing her funny look I explained, it’s because I don’t smile. It’s a reference to Dana Carvey’s The Church Lady. She said you don’t smile at all for anything in a seductive tone. Not very often was my response. A Church Lady impression got a forced half smirk after someone noticed that I didn’t smile a lot after several minutes of the group trying to get me to laugh during that first week of meet and greet meetings that happen. Thus the nickname Satan stuck.

If Kavanaugh has a nickname like Shiner, Boner, Balls or Peacock...pretty safe to say it happened with Debbie Ramirez. Cookie or Biscuit, would put him in a far different category.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

My best WAG on this is they plan to slap so many accusations on the table then use their Muppets in the press to get as many sound bites out about it as possible and use the useful idiots that only listen to the sound bytes to put pressure on the republicans to dump kavenaugh.

I would wager if the Republicans keep stalling things at the request of Ford and her attorney you will see more and more accusations and have the democrats go See he is a serial offender.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

mcconnell made a statement friday about this crap and said the vote would be soon

www.foxnews.com...

“President Trump has nominated a stunningly successful individual. You’ve watched the fight, you've watched the tactics, but here's what I want to tell you, in the very near future Judge Kavanaugh will be on the United States Supreme Court,” he told supporters at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C.

the turtle doesnt leave his shell much these days
it would probably do some good to pay attention when he does

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey
a reply to: MteWamp

I hate to say it, but there's a sick part of me that hopes that if the Blasey Ford case IS just a case of mistaken identity, that when RBG dies, Trump nominates the person who ACTUALLY assaulted Ford for the seat.

The cries of "wait... he groped me at a party four decades ago as well!!!" would be hilarious...

I can't disagree, my friend.

Thing is, desperate people tend to do really, really stupid things. They act in haste without thinking things through, which tends to make them predictable, and they fall back to the standard Leftist playbook.

Since we actually HAVE a copy, that's not a problem. You just cut off their options.

What IS a problem, is the fact that these "people", and I use the term loosely, have a tendency to either kill or destroy the lives of innocent civilians when they see no other viable alternatives, or need a distraction.

There comes a time, as unpalatable as the idea is, that the gloves just have to come off, and an "adjustment" to the situation has to be made.

That is the precipice before which these "people" now stand.

If they want a war, make no mistake, we WILL oblige them.

For the REST of the country, unfortunately, it also makes them EXTREMELY dangerous

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join