It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need solid links to EM sensitivity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Good lord, I'm slow.

I know I've been carrying on about some of the things that have happened to me here at home- let's skip the psychotic explanations for a minute. I finally nailed down a direct link between what I've experienced to varying degrees, and where the electric meter and breaker boxes are located. Our last place was festooned with the entire building's worth. And built like absolute crap. We had *wind* coming out of spots under the bathroom sink, kitchen, ALL of the windows..!
Yesterday was interesting. I got to have a whole day by myself- wife and kid went to a girl scout campover. I'm sitting in my work room, which has the breaker box. My room has the breaker box so kid doesn't get a wild hair and try something we'd regret.

Suddenly, there is loud tapping on my bedroom door. Twice, 3-4 solid raps.

I grabbed a rubber mallet, and proceeded to commando my way out of the room (picture someone with a bad back trying to be sneaky. Ugh). Cats are both out in their respective spots by the window. No one's outside. Better, no one's INSIDE. I'm left scratching my head and going "whuh...?!"

It finally occurred to my snail's pace brain this morning: MY WORK SPACE HAS THE ELECTRICAL METER OUTSIDE, AND THE BREAKER BOX INSIDE. Insert angels singing and a golden shaft of light! Followed immediately by swearing and the realization: I'm EM sensitive. Sonuva-!

It seems my sensitivity boils down to me being followed by spooks, ghouls, and funny noises. Add to that my wife's absolutely convinced I'm autism/ asperger-y, and well, it equals all of this stuff. Doesn't explain *all* of the weird **** I experience, but it does for all of the home stuff.

Where can I find good, solid information on this stupid crap? I've ended up with all the cool hipster ailments- gluten intolerance with fructose intolerance thrown in for bonus points, this nonsense, and not once have I needed to frequent a Starbucks while sporting flannel and a faux lumberjack beard- I had to drive a rental Prius once- and I swear on my mother's eyes- Not EVER. EVER. Again. I need something that says major university study, or similar.
I'm cursed, I tell you! Cuuuuursed!

edit on 24-9-2018 by wylekat because: Left out a thing

edit on 24-9-2018 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Good thing that this is testable: have someone trustworthy put you in a room where you are CERTAIN that you can feel the electricity running. No visible lights, or anything which might give a hint if there is electricity on or off.

That person leaves the room and throws the breaker. Not too often, not too fast but unpredictable. Comes back each 5 minutes and you have to tell if there is electricity or not.

Could even switch off the whole house, if necessary.

That would give you a hint if you are TRUELY EM-sensitive.
Some people are. Most people just think they are.

This might help.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Again. I need something that says major university study, or similar.

so why come to a conspiracy site?

Where can I find good, solid information on this stupid crap?

Before ATS

I would have tried Google.

Then ATS for all the entertainment and nonsense thrown at such a question that is simply googled to get exactly what you are looking for.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Mother used to "see" things in her bedroom...

after she passed, I realized her bed was centered under outside electrodes from the pole to house...

directly below her bed in the
basement was 2 main breakers boxes...

she literally was sleeping in between 3 huge EMF generators...

no wonder she was "seeing" things...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If you are seeing things, hearing things and having hallucinations its pretty much down to three things; drugs, psychosis or some kind of neurological condition (apparently there is also some wired eye condition that can cause it) I have never seen any evidence of EM links to hallucinations.

You make mention of psychosis in your OP so thats probably it.

I would therefore encourage you to go speak with a loved one and a healthcare professional.

The reason you cannot find any serious studies into the effects of EMF and seeing things is because EMF is not causing it, its some kind of health condition or its drugs.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

EMF's have a proven effect in cancer rates in entire blocks of homes under high tension power wires...many with 20 more or less ...instances of various cancers and birth defects in homes near towers or with them in being near homes.

As well...electromagnetic close exposure to the brain changes brainwaves, which return to normal when retested away from these areas.

Well documented.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

so why come to a conspiracy site?

Because people here DO have a handle on finding stuff that- well, I'm not coming up with much. I google it, and I get either fluff, nonsense, or the "it's all in your mind" crapola. Which is ironic, since the EM is screwing with my head.

I'd like to see if I can get another angle on it- and a way to cope that doesn't involve ridiculous amounts of redecorating or renovation.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
If you are seeing things, hearing things and having hallucinations its pretty much down to three things; drugs, psychosis or some kind of neurological condition (apparently there is also some wired eye condition that can cause it) I have never seen any evidence of EM links to hallucinations.

I would therefore encourage you to go speak with a loved one and a healthcare professional.

The reason you cannot find any serious studies into the effects of EMF and seeing things is because EMF is not causing it, its some kind of health condition or its drugs.

GO. AWAY. Unless you are my doctor, or you live under my roof, you're about as far off base as you can possibly get. Dammit, I've already covered the first 2, exhaustively.

Why in the level HELL are you on these forums, if all you care to do is continually debunk *everything*??? IT IS NOT JUST DRUGS OR INSANITY!!! A) I don't *take* drugs. I never had a desire to *take* drugs. B) The other- That's not exactly insanity, yo. Pick up a medical journal.

Now- you wanna diagnose? produce your AMA certified Armchair Psychologist certificate. if you cannot, please go to my field where I grow 'em, and find IT IS EMPTY.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Here are a few facts from an electrical contractor in the US. if you live in a single family residential home there should be nearly no sound from a circuit breaker panel. Perhaps a slight buzzing as heavy loads come on. The thumping sound is probably birds landing on the overhead drop coming from the pole. That sound is transmitted down the wire much like plucking the string of a musical instrument.
The EMF surrounding a residential power feeder is so small it's nearly impossible to measure from 6 inches away. If it's in metal conduit or armored cable the metal acts as a shield. The same can be said for the metal can of a panel.
If you live in an apartment complex or commercial building you may hear lighting control contractors thump when they pull in or out as they are controlled by a time clock or photo cell. A properly installed electrical system produces little sound, no smell, or magnetic fields that can be detected by humans as the voltage and the current flow is very low.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I'm not coming up with much. I google it, and I get either fluff, nonsense, or the "it's all in your mind" crapola. Which is ironic, since the EM is screwing with my head.

here are a couple of links that may ore may not be of help

www.scientificamerican.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

A) I don't *take* drugs.

Maybe you should.

Before it comes to this:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

EMF's have a proven effect in cancer rates in entire blocks of homes under high tension power wires...many with 20 more or less ...instances of various cancers and birth defects in homes near towers or with them in being near homes.

As well...electromagnetic close exposure to the brain changes brainwaves, which return to normal when retested away from these areas.

Well documented.

Our first place was a piece of shyte. Actual, complete, utter C R A P. Towards the end, large spiders were taking up residence in there- wolf spiders. We had slugs- SLUGS! In the middle of the hallway! I had seen the boxes back there while I was trying to fix a screen, and wasn't putting 2 and 2 together then, either. Then again, the place slowly was coming apart at the seams, and we were all being affected by everything from mold to roaches. The kitchen was a horror show. The only way to clean it was to set fire to it. :/

This place, it's a luxurious resort in comparison. We *do* live next to a TV transmission tower, and a little Doppler- but my concerns were a plane walloping the tower (ever so often, one likes to try to skim the thing), tornado, or really high winds.

Again, I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Then again, the place is *well* built. Leakage from the electrical system should be hilariously low. Unless of course, with everything that's going wrong on me- the EM sensitivity is like all the rest of the weird sensitivities I have now- ground down to a itchy spot. I blame stress for the most part.

I had 2 EEGS, one here ( at home, 24 hours with a portable machine. I looked like a Borg), one at the doctor's. Both came out 'normal'. The MRI did, too- and that rules out schizophrenia, or any brain altering problems or psychosis- but I WISH the tests would have shown *something*- something that'd give me something to point to and say "well, there's yer problem". Off topic, but an MRI of my back/ hips showed the same 'normal'- and I know for a fact that I injured my left leg- yanked every tendon straight to hell and back when I slipped on a wet hill. My leg went up far enough to touch my nose, and I spent a week and a half unable to walk. There should be evidence of scar tissue from healed tendons. I got hit by a truck right there. Nothin'. I gave the doctor that told me this the eye and pretty much bawled him out. "What do you MEAN it's all normal?" as I listed the various and sundry injuries.

On the one hand- I'm 'normal'. On the other- well, I shouldn't BE 'normal', medically speaking.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hilarious. Do you do barmitzvahs and children's parties as well?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

For once, I wasnt joking.

Do you do barmitzvahs and children's parties as well?

Absolutely!

Okay, now I'm joking.

edit on 24-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I had 2 EEGS, one here ( at home, 24 hours with a portable machine. I looked like a Borg), one at the doctor's. Both came out 'normal'. The MRI did, too- and that rules out schizophrenia, or any brain altering problems or psychosis- but I WISH the tests would have shown *something*- something that'd give me something to point to and say "well, there's yer problem".

a normal result from a MRI scan of the brain doesn't rule mental illnesses.

It can maybe detect one of the more common brain defects but scans of 1 persons brain with lets say Schizophrenia may look different to anothers with the same condition so you cannot use MRI to rule out mental illnesses.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

GO. AWAY. Unless you are my doctor, or you live under my roof, you're about as far off base as you can possibly get. Dammit, I've already covered the first 2, exhaustively.

Why in the level HELL are you on these forums, if all you care to do is continually debunk *everything*??? IT IS NOT JUST DRUGS OR INSANITY!!! A) I don't *take* drugs. I never had a desire to *take* drugs. B) The other- That's not exactly insanity, yo. Pick up a medical journal.

Now- you wanna diagnose? produce your AMA certified Armchair Psychologist certificate. if you cannot, please go to my field where I grow 'em, and find IT IS EMPTY.

I always find threads like this a little difficult.

You make mention of psychosis you also incorrectly claim in notice in another post that you've had an MRI which you claim ruled out schizophrenia, that is not part of a schizophrenic diagnosis. I would be curious to know if you have ever been diagnose with a psychotic disorder because from your posting it certainly sounds like you do have such a diagnosis but that you are under the impression that actually your hallucinations are not caused by psychosis but rather by EMF's. There is zero evidence that demonstrates a clear correlation between exposure to EMF's and psychosis.

Now as to why I am here.

Its a open public forum I have as much right to post here as anyone else does and I am not always going to say what you want me to say.

Which kind of brings me round nicely to why I kind of struggle a bit with threads like this on ATS. You see you posting suggest very strongly that you have been given a mental health diagnosis, now discussing that on ATS presents two problems. Firstly you get a bunch of people who turn up and entertain your delusion, in this case that EMF is the cause of your problems and secondly you get a bunch of people basically making fun of your condition. When I personally think what is needed is a little bit of empathy and a kind word suggesting you speak with a loved one and a doctor about this kind of stuff, I apologise if this didn't come across well in my first post.

Lastly let me very clear, I am not attempting to diagnose you, you cannot be diagnosed over the internet however you have made several clear hints that you have at one point had a mental health diagnosis and my posts are based of this alone.

I hope that clarifies my position on this for you.
edit on 24-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Here are a few facts from an electrical contractor in the US. if you live in a single family residential home there should be nearly no sound from a circuit breaker panel.

Panel's quiet as a mouse, unless something trips it. The noise was coming specifically from the *door*- the bedroom door. Pretty much, panel, left ear, bedroom door, right ear. I had music on while I was fiddling with hobby stuff- and the noise was loud enough to completely drown out the music. We have neighbors- but all of that noise sounds like they're pounding their head against the wall. I sometimes wonder what the hell they are doing to make what I am guessing is a triple walled (plus possibly a fire wall) sound like they are trying to ram their heads thru it. That is usually muffled, or loud and muffled, depending on whatever they are doing. Also, for some reason, they like to do their thing around 7-10 pm.
The neighbors would be in front of me in the workroom, and yeah- it's distinct when they are doing their WWF wrestling or whatever. Thump, thud thud WHUNK.

I am used to certain sounds like the neighbors, or someone occasionally dragging up and down the road with their stupid bass music- and can recognize (and complain about) it. This... This wasn't any of the usual stuff. I even thought the noise could be carrying in from the 'attic' (upper area stuffed full of insulation)- but the end of it is sealed up as well, and if the wall is any indicator, the stuff is thick. We stuck a cellphone up there on a stick- found someone's Xmas tree, the fire wall, and insulation everywhere. It was curiosity.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don't hear voices. I don't have the problems a psychotic have, and unlike stuff where it sounds like someone's rapping the hell out of my door- I certainly do not just take it as real, unless I have managed to rule out *everything*- which DOES take a while.

Me and my wife spent 2 WEEKS trying to pin down a tiny, indistinct noise we both heard, for a second or 2 at a time. It was a cash register toy with just enough battery and a short to make it do that. It was pure luck that I walked in and was on top of it when it made the metching noise. Needless to say, batteries were yanked right then. And guess what- no more noise. No more cash register, either. Kid took it outside and drowned it in the pool.

I do not automatically attribute stuff to ghosts, goblins, little green men, or anything else, until I run out of good, solid reasons. I have been checked (for all the good that does me, either on here or as a real medical diagnosis). Other than sitting and talking to a psychological 'professional' who will hear exactly what they want to (oh yes, it's a thing)- which has been about as useful in the past as talking to the microwave oven.

The last time I hallucinated... really, truly had delusions, hallucinations, and everything else- I was prescribed some pain medication for dry socket pain after my wisdom teeth were pulled. I spent 3 days or so in a apartment where everything was in a line- living room, bathroom, kitchen, bedroom- I was completely lost when I was conscious. I spent time where I was sure I was in a holographic existence in a closet- if I stuck my hand out of the door, it'd dissolve, and I remember the lighting was grey the WHOLE time. Day, night, didn't affect the general lighting (which it did usually).

Didn't affect the stupid dry socket pain one frigging bit, tho! After that, unless I was in several pieces, or in a hospital, NO MORE PAIN MEDS of that type! Thus ended my brief, ugly stint on 'drugs'. It also has been a hell of a benchmark as to what I have happen to me, and what I COULD be like if things went horribly upside down for me mentally. I expect that if I check out to that extent, I'll be in a hospital bed. I'm aware of my surroundings. I have an eye for detail (go look at the pics I toss into the member Art Forum), and I try to wring every bit of detail out of both stuff I am working on, AND this... other crap.

I have also been around psychotic people. One in particular was putting foil up around her walls to "keep those beams out those people were shooting at her". Oookay then! She then accused my cat of 'making fleas'. Fleas were breeding out back in a drainage ditch right by the patio area. Went out one morning wearing white socks, legs got itchy- and I had salt and pepper socks when I looked down. Poor cat got a massive flea allergy from it. She accused the CAT of making fleas- like he had a machine cranking them out. I backed away, and tried to never interact with her again.

I don't even come *close* to what can be considered psychotic. Am I sane? Jury's out. Is there stuff in this world that once experienced, will curl your toes up to your ankles? OH, HELL YES.

Wait till the day you experience something that'll make you question reality, or at least science basics. Guaranteed, you'll spend some time considering it, and wondering what the hell just happened. And then, you'll be itching to come on here and tell people.. Remember tho- Karma is a *witch*.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I don't even come *close* to what can be considered psychotic.

what you post says otherwise.

I don't hear voices. I don't have the problems a psychotic have

yet in this very post you tell us about your hallucinations.

Yes, it seems like you blame it on the pain medication which is strange as pain medications are opiate or codeine based which are not hallucinogenic.

If anything, having your wisdom teeth pulled can leave the nerve ending exposed. that could contribute to why a person might hallucinate.

However, hallucinations associated to pain and nerves isn't as complex like thinking you may living a matrix, you may have perceptual hallucinations and blurred vision but thinking what you have is something deeper seeded and not from pain medication or nerve pain.

Wait till the day you experience something that'll make you question reality, or at least science basics.

I would argue that is why 99.9% of posters are here and interacting in threads that don't revolve around US politics.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
Yes, it seems like you blame it on the pain medication which is strange as pain medications are opiate or codeine based which are not hallucinogenic.

They dull the senses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join