It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is missing in idea of marriage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

are you using another member's quote as a signature? or that DB Cowboy thing is really a thing?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

marriage isnt about me. it is about seeing the same person you love everyday of your life and you do things together and go to mama for dinner every other weekend and you have the coolest fights that end well and he always remember your birthday while you are reallly bad with dates and anniversaries.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
a reply to: Nyiah

are you using another member's quote as a signature? or that DB Cowboy thing is really a thing?

DBCowboy is a cherished member here, and yes, he really said that as a joke.

How about some cultural context as to why your mother is pushing you to marry? Once we understand the cultural reasons for her insistence, it becomes a lot easier to offer advice. Not everything works as blanket advice, that is to say, not applicable to every single situation. Some situations require a different approach to remedy without making things worse.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Damla

Take religion and the idea that marriage = ownership out of it and marriage would be fine.

What a weird view.

That's not what I was taught marriage was about at all.

It's about two halves coming together to make a whole. Man and woman complement one another and together make one complete being, physically, spiritually.

I suppose if you've got hangups that might sound too intimate, too much like ownership, but it's not.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

English is obviously your second language

I wonder.

I have seen some exceptionally well crafted paragraphs come out of this poster. The organization and word usage at times does not make me believe there is a language barrier here.

Look, and you too, shall witness this.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's not what I was taught marriage was about at all.

Look up the history of marriage.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This thread sure turned out to be a hamburger.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

i am glad it did turn out to be something. *hugs*

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

i appreciate it a lot. i was about to fall asleep. i couldnt turn and reply when i remembered the hard work you put in this. thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

i am glad it did turn out to be something. *hugs*

Give me one of those humongous pizzas we call a titanic, big enough to hang over the sides of the roof of your toyota, and I will marry it. Mother be damned.

The sort of pizza you find a slice of, the size of a dinner plate, under the drivers side seat, days later, and only after you've parked in the sun all day and wonder why your car is full of ants. And you have to go back to admin to get fly spray to destroy everything.

Yas ma'am. That's a pizza I would marry. Hamburgers are nothing, compared to a titanic wife.

Sadly, they are no longer in existence. We ate them out, and they could not source the boxes any more. We destroyed a fundamentally wonderful relationship, by eating them every second friday when we got paid.

But the romantic memory remains. Je sais pas... it was what it was...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

my cat bonds with me so much at times he wants to eat me too
it saddens me that i cant correspond.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

my cat bonds with me so much at times he wants to eat me too
it saddens me that i cant correspond.

We never can. They react strangely, if we try as they do

I look after strays these days, and they only want the food. Such is the way of looking after thing without homes.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I hear you. I think my family more or less gave up though.

You could marry me. That would show her.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A little advice from a 54 year old guy on his third marriage.

First marriage, I was in my early 20's and starting a new career. I did what was expected of me. Get married get a good job.
That lasted about two years. She left me saying I was fat and disgusting. Yeah, 5 ft 7 in at 175 lbs. LOL !

Second mariage in my early 30's. thought I found the right girl to start having babies with, which was what was expected of me also. We had two kids, made lots of money together. But she became a totally different person then the one I married. I was very unhappy, so after 18 years, I left her.

Third marriage, a little more than a year ago, been living together for over 4 years now.

I met her on here, we became friends then slowly fell in love with each other over time , without knowing each others real names or what each other looked like. We fell in love with each others heart and mind. When we finally met, it was a sealed deal. Best thing that has ever happened to me.

My advice is ignore your mom and everyone else. It's your life, not theirs.

Like yourself and be happy with you. Get rid of all negativity in your life and just be you. Then love will find you unexpectedly.

Good luck and !

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

funnny.Thanks.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

No problem lol. Can you imagine the look on her face though? You tell her you're marrying a weirdo from a site you go to and show her that pic. She's sure to leave you alone about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   
In better worlds, what we call 'marriage' is just an announcement of already existing love-relationship between people, to people who might care.

In this world, 'marriage' is inviting government to your bedroom and romantic life. It makes no sense to me that LOVE has to be notarized.. but that's this world's way for some reason.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Try not to worry about it or overthink. Marriage isn't for everyone. If this is something you wish to fulfill one day, then that is your decision, not your mother's. Best of luck.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join