It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another woman brings sexual allegation against Kavanaugh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And already people are stepping up to defend Kavanaugh.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: DBCowboy
New drinking game!

Everyone have a shot every time a democrat senator says, "Penis".

A double shot for, "Fake Penis".

A precaution. Don't watch CNN. They like to say that word a lot.

Only applies to C-Span.

To be clear, Cuomo and Maddow (along with other liberal talking heads) don’t count as “penis”, fake or otherwise? I just want to make sure I have the appropriate amount of adult beverages on hand.

MSNBC is also a "penis" network, so no.

They don't count either.

But to be fair, Sean Hannity is off-limits as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I can't understand why none of this came up in his other hearings , Must be just scotus . however this shakes out I think it will draw republicans to vote in november . This will also come back to haunt the Democrats down the road . Maybe T rump will pick a conservative woman next time . Hope she was a nun .

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
From the article:

I’ve known this all along,” he said. “It’s been on my mind all these years when his name came up. It was a big deal.” The story stayed with him, he said, because it was disturbing and seemed outside the bounds of typically acceptable behavior, even during heavy drinking at parties on campus.

"outside the bounds of typically acceptable behavior"
At a college dorm party? in the 80's?

I saw a man completely naked, running around outside at MSU at a dorm party. He wasn't even drunk. Now I wish I had gotten his name.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I actually feel sorry for FBI agents right now...

Can you imagine striving for years to enter the realm of becoming an elite special agent, with the anticipation of cracking the next Lindberg baby kidnapping... Only to spend your working life being asked to chase down 40 year old teenager boob gropes and tea-baggings?

Those spoof 'Female Body Inspector' t-shirts have been around for years. Maybe the FBI really does need a division like that solely for investigating this new world of sexual assault?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm sure both sides have defenders and critics.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
All they are doing in prolonging the inevitable.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
From the article:

I’ve known this all along,” he said. “It’s been on my mind all these years when his name came up. It was a big deal.” The story stayed with him, he said, because it was disturbing and seemed outside the bounds of typically acceptable behavior, even during heavy drinking at parties on campus.

I saw a man completely naked, running around outside at MSU at a dorm party. He wasn't even drunk. Now I wish I had gotten his name.

I was in college in the early '90s, and things were done at parties.

What kind of typically acceptable behavior is he referring to? What we see every day or party time behavior because if it's the latter, what parties was he used to attending? I wasn't even a party girl and they were still much different than mine.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

As Senate Republicans press for a swift vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh, President Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, Senate Democrats are investigating a new allegation of sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh. The claim dates to the 1983-84 academic school year, when Kavanaugh was a freshman at Yale University. The offices of at least four Democratic senators have received information about the allegation, and at least two have begun investigating it. Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote. The Democratic Senate offices reviewing the allegations believe that they merit further investigation. “This is another serious, credible, and disturbing allegation against Brett Kavanaugh. It should be fully investigated,” Senator Mazie Hirono, of Hawaii, said. An aide in one of the other Senate offices added, “These allegations seem credible, and we’re taking them very seriously. If established, they’re clearly disqualifying.”

The woman at the center of the story, Deborah Ramirez, who is fifty-three, attended Yale with Kavanaugh, where she studied sociology and psychology. Later, she spent years working for an organization that supports victims of domestic violence. The New Yorker contacted Ramirez after learning of her possible involvement in an incident involving Kavanaugh. The allegation was conveyed to Democratic senators by a civil-rights lawyer. For Ramirez, the sudden attention has been unwelcome, and prompted difficult choices. She was at first hesitant to speak publicly, partly because her memories contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty. After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away. Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.

www.newyorker.com... aughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

Will comment more after reading again.

The jist is that she says kavanaigh expoised his penis and made her touch it as a freshman at yale.

It seems extremely convenient that another allegation would come up now, after kavanaugh was supposed to have been voted on.

But that dosent mean this woman might not be telling the truth

Is this another no date no location groping?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

From the article:

Let's just hope he doesn't plan on running for the USSC.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Rewey

a reply to: Dwoodward85

You can't speak for everyone.

People react differently.

One thing about PTSD -- is the therapy is to go back and relive it -- BECAUSE you do block parts (sometimes all) of what happened.

My friend specializes in PTSD.

People react to trauma differently.

Well then this does not apply to the Blasey Ford incident, because in her letter to Feinstein, she noted that she ran into Mark Judge later and he was incredibly nervous/embarrassed to see her.

Which means (1) she hadn't blocked it out from ptsd, and (2) Judge wasn't 'black out drunk' because according to her, he obviously remembered the night too...

I am not speculating elsewhere.

I'm stating what my friend who specializes in PTSD told me.

There is simply NOT a "One Fits All" reaction.

Something that seems simple as flashing a penis in someone's face could cause one person severe PTSD -- while another person savagely raped will not experience PTSD.

While we disagree on many things, this assessment is correct. Same reason some combat veterans suffer severe PTSD and others have none, though they may have experienced worse events. Everyone has different brain chemistry...throw in the abuse of psychotropics over prescribing in this country over the last 50 years and all bets are off.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
They should give him and these lying whores lie detector tests on live TV.

Put her on the Maury Povich show. He'll do it. Tell her who their kids father is while's at it. Then she can move over to Jerry Springer next. Where this show really belongs.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

From the article:

I was in college in the early '90s, and things were done at parties.

What kind of typically acceptable behavior is he referring to? What we see every day or party time behavior because if it's the latter, what parties was he used to attending? I wasn't even a party girl and they were still much different than mine.

I was in a fraternity in the late 90's, and yeah parties can and did get out of hand. If this warrants an FBI investigation, the entire campus at that time would now be under investigation, women included.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I'm sure both sides have defenders and critics.

In the case of Ford, all the ones said to be directly involved aren't on her side, not even her long-time friend.

The only ones who are are the country's partisans who only care because they think she can provide the block you're all desperate for.

link   

From the article:

Will he would get confirmed if he were a non-white Democrat, because we would all be racists for saying it was true even if there was undeniable video evidence that it was him.

link   

Why?
He streaked. BFD.

I wasn't offended. Got a good laugh out of it.

But if I knew his name, maybe he is now politcal, and I could "sell my story".
Nah, I'm not that kind of person.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I hope that Kavanaugh stays tough and does not cave to this pressure.
They need to be shown that these tactics do not work.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

From the article:

Corey booker admitting to groping a drunk girlss breast after she shoved his hand away.

Should he be forced to resign?

Could his victim have ptsd, and should the fbi investigate this?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

PTSD=BS

In this instance
edit on 23-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I was in a college dorm in '91 and if I didn't see a naked person or several on the weekend it was either a slow weekend or xmas break and everyone went home.

If this warrants an FBI investigation and or prosecution we are going to need a bigger jail..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join