It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting comment I found from a liberal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Great discussion so far! Thank you all.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So the idea that Democrats haven't been winning elections but have been stacking the courts over the last 50 years is some moronic delusion born of right-wing rhetoric and propaganda and the trope of "activist judges." It doesn't even make sense on its face considering that a party can't really stack the courts without winning elections.

that longwinded post sounded good till you went all ranting up there ^.

1. You seem to have completely missed the point in question however as he was discussing "Leftists Causes" being successful more so through courts and Litigation than through the rhetoric or push of elected officials.

the only issue I see is with what in a 50 year period was rhe "Left" he was referring to.
Values and Behavior as well as Front Page issues have mostly changed since 1968 amongst the democratic party.

Still, I just thought I should point out to everyone here that everything you have posted about in the last 2 pages was a complete waste of time, as it only pertains to your obvious mistake in interpreting context of the statement you quoted not only in structure but context.

he said "The left has only been able to advance any leftist causes, both socially and politically, through the courts and through litigation, never at the ballot box."

^ "Advance Leftist Causes"

without going into contextual meaning of what said person meant by Leftist Causes, since that individual is not here, his point could be debated only if one could provide evidence that Elected Presidents of the "Left" have any real success rate of pushing "Leftist" agendas without obstruction.
Obama did try to crack down on gun ownership. many states including Missouri responded by passing state legislature thatwould allow Police and State Marshals to Arrest and Detain any Federal agency employee who intefered with a lawful gun owner in the state.
Thats called a Ballot Box FAILURE to succeed at a CAUSE.

Your whole diatribe was off from the start, you not only cherrypicked out of his statement an obviously debatable meaning but you made up this meaning and conjecture based on classical conjecture based on "argumentum ad ignorantiam" which makes it easy to say you dropped the ball and your whole debate here is "some moronic delusion" as you so eloquently stated after chasing wild geese.

Antideluvian Wrote "And the moment it's no longer stacked to the right, they'll be screaming about term limits for SCOTUS justices"

Like everything else said so far by you on this matter today that is also a mudpit worthy "Argument from Ignorance." now you just made a political/religious prophecy like blanket statement.

someone accused you of emotional earlier. By the way you charge your statements I am speculating they may have been right.

Antideluvian wrote "That was a really sad bit of Bulverist drivel"

Yet your use of this "Bulverist" is more apptly applied to you and the obvious hypocrisy of accusing someone else of it while fulfilling its requirements to the letter...
Is your emotional activity inhibiting your focus and reasoning?
It is starting to show cause surely you of all people here under normal circumstance should of seen that Folly of Logic and avoided such.

Anti D Wrote also "What's that say? It's says that "the left" can't win elections so they stack courts with activist judges. Still with me? Do we need to take a break? "

and thats the funniest nail in your coffin in this thread... as clearly this statement shows your malicious and antagonistic nature even outside the mudpit and I think you need to take a break from ATS and read what the OP quoted, not what you send through that well developed "Confirmation Bias" part of your mind.

Also the Founder of first wave feminism Wilhelmina Elisabeth Drucker was once quoted stating the avoidance of party politics to achieve its goal.

She was not a "Leftist" by grouping.
Jim Crow was a democrat, you might of read about him somewhere.
Robert Byrd is a Grandmaster of the KKK and was Hillary Clintons Mentor since she was young...
Also a Democrat elected by the lefts base to the Senate.
George Wallace - Democrat 1963 Governor of Alabama stated: "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever".
Schumer
Biden
Clinton "Super Predators" and all white country clubs at 20,000 a month membership.

Yeah, not a pretty history concerning Democrat agendas less than 2 generations ago much less 50. All many of the faves care about is skin color.
so yeah, your ballot boys dont do much other than antagonize without fruition, otherwise we would still have slavery to say the least.
OP stands unless you can prove that D has accomplished through Ballot Elected D's have done anything truly Effective as much or more so than R.

Remember next time you walk over others in a thread assuming you are the most intelligent one there, this old fortune cookie fortune. "He who tries to SHOW OFF, will be SHOWN UP, in a SHOW DOWN"

dont feel too bad though, it took a Debate Master and Thread Destroyer to point out all the flaws in your posts here.
Because I didnt let emotion cloud my reason, so learn from your mistake and dont make it again.
and dont reply to this, this was for others.However if you do reply but I wont waste time with emotional people once I made my point. Your argument is toasted and burned and I dont care for back and forth non constructive trolling. something most people I put a fork in haven't got is I dont find most responses excepting maturely made ones even worthy of reading much less deserving of my attention to dignify as on level with my brain with a response.

You will have to wait for a new topic of discussion like everyone else if you want to take a crack at me, there is no recovery for that eyeburning mistake in your "argumentum ad ignorantiam". good luck though

edit on 24-9-2018 by AutisticEvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo
a reply to: theantediluvian

So the idea that Democrats haven't been winning elections but have been stacking the courts over the last 50 years is some moronic delusion born of right-wing rhetoric and propaganda and the trope of "activist judges." It doesn't even make sense on its face considering that a party can't really stack the courts without winning elections.

that longwinded post sounded good till you went all ranting up there ^.

1. You seem to have completely missed the point in question however as he was discussing "Leftists Causes" being successful more so through courts and Litigation than through the rhetoric or push of elected officials.

the only issue I see is with what in a 50 year period was rhe "Left" he was referring to.
Values and Behavior as well as Front Page issues have mostly changed since 1968 amongst the democratic party.

Still, I just thought I should point out to everyone here that everything you have posted about in the last 2 pages was a complete waste of time, as it only pertains to your obvious mistake in interpreting context of the statement you quoted not only in structure but context.

he said "The left has only been able to advance any leftist causes, both socially and politically, through the courts and through litigation, never at the ballot box."

^ "Advance Leftist Causes"

without going into contextual meaning of what said person meant by Leftist Causes, since that individual is not here, his point could be debated only if one could provide evidence that Elected Presidents of the "Left" have any real success rate of pushing "Leftist" agendas without obstruction.
Obama did try to crack down on gun ownership. many states including Missouri responded by passing state legislature thatwould allow Police and State Marshals to Arrest and Detain any Federal agency employee who intefered with a lawful gun owner in the state.
Thats called a Ballot Box FAILURE to succeed at a CAUSE.

Your whole diatribe was off from the start, you not only cherrypicked out of his statement an obviously debatable meaning but you made up this meaning and conjecture based on classical conjecture based on "argumentum ad ignorantiam" which makes it easy to say you dropped the ball and your whole debate here is "some moronic delusion" as you so eloquently stated after chasing wild geese.

Antideluvian Wrote "And the moment it's no longer stacked to the right, they'll be screaming about term limits for SCOTUS justices"

Like everything else said so far by you on this matter today that is also a mudpit worthy "Argument from Ignorance." now you just made a political/religious prophecy like blanket statement.

someone accused you of emotional earlier. By the way you charge your statements I am speculating they may have been right.

Antideluvian wrote "That was a really sad bit of Bulverist drivel"

Yet your use of this "Bulverist" is more apptly applied to you and the obvious hypocrisy of accusing someone else of it while fulfilling its requirements to the letter...
Is your emotional activity inhibiting your focus and reasoning?
It is starting to show cause surely you of all people here under normal circumstance should of seen that Folly of Logic and avoided such.

Anti D Wrote also "What's that say? It's says that "the left" can't win elections so they stack courts with activist judges. Still with me? Do we need to take a break? "

and thats the funniest nail in your coffin in this thread... as clearly this statement shows your malicious and antagonistic nature even outside the mudpit and I think you need to take a break from ATS and read what the OP quoted, not what you send through that well developed "Confirmation Bias" part of your mind.

Also the Founder of first wave feminism Wilhelmina Elisabeth Drucker was once quoted stating the avoidance of party politics to achieve its goal.

She was not a "Leftist" by grouping.
Jim Crow was a democrat, you might of read about him somewhere.
Robert Byrd is a Grandmaster of the KKK and was Hillary Clintons Mentor since she was young...
Also a Democrat elected by the lefts base to the Senate.
George Wallace - Democrat 1963 Governor of Alabama stated: "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever".
Schumer
Biden
Clinton "Super Predators" and all white country clubs at 20,000 a month membership.

Yeah, not a pretty history concerning Democrat agendas less than 2 generations ago much less 50. All many of the faves care about is skin color.
so yeah, your ballot boys dont do much other than antagonize without fruition, otherwise we would still have slavery to say the least.
OP stands unless you can prove that D has accomplished through Ballot Elected D's have done anything truly Effective as much or more so than R.

Remember next time you walk over others in a thread assuming you are the most intelligent one there, this old fortune cookie fortune. "He who tries to SHOW OFF, will be SHOWN UP, in a SHOW DOWN"

dont feel too bad though, it took a Debate Master and Thread Destroyer to point out all the flaws in your posts here.
Because I didnt let emotion cloud my reason, so learn from your mistake and dont make it again.
and dont reply to this, this was for others.However if you do reply but I wont waste time with emotional people once I made my point. Your argument is toasted and burned and I dont care for back and forth non constructive trolling. something most people I put a fork in haven't got is I dont find most responses excepting maturely made ones even worthy of reading much less deserving of my attention to dignify as on level with my brain with a response.

You will have to wait for a new topic of discussion like everyone else if you want to take a crack at me, there is no recovery for that eyeburning mistake in your "argumentum ad ignorantiam". good luck though

*80's movie slow clap*
Well done old chap, well done.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I can't believe I am agreeing with a liberal. But I have to.

On point and well said.

I have said this several times! Stop referring to Progressives as Liberals! I see it so many times with people calling others who are progressives libtards. STOP IT!

God Dammit man! Why should we alienate those who want to join our cause?

First, the OP said it was a quote from a liberal and it was that quote I was agreeing with. Second, maybe to you liberals and progressives are two different things but that may not be the case for everyone every time.

I am not trying to alienate anyone. In fact, it was quite the opposite. I found myself, much to my disbelief, agreeing with a liberal. As much as I found that concept difficult to accept the honest side of me demanded that I admit it.

In my eyes this is a victory for me and many people like me. I have often been called a knee-jerk nay sayer prone to arguing anything liberal. This proves that I am not. If I argue something it is because I disagree with it, not because of its source. In this case, even having considered the source, I could not disagree and did not argue but rather praised its accuracy and honesty. I can think of no better way to encourage others to join the cause.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Does no one else here even question the veracity of this unknown persons claim to being a classical liberal?
Is no one even willing to consider that it is a ruse? A conservative claiming to be a liberal and then exhorting fellow conservatives to ''step up'' against the liberal courts, one of the most prolific conservative memes of the last half century?

Technically, classic liberalism is a conservative position these days. Liberalism is about embracing change and new ideas. Embracing a form of liberalism from 200 years ago is looking to the past though.
edit on 24-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Classic liberals are respectable, and when I think of 'classic' liberals, I have J. F. K. - type liberals in mind.

The sad thing is that in modern times, most current 'mainstream' liberals would consider JFK a right wing fanatic, compared to how much further left they have gone since his time....

Alan Dershowitz is a classic liberal in modern times, and many others on the left chastise him for his views.

Interesting times.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join