It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting comment I found from a liberal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
This person isnt wrong. The part that resonated with me is that the conservatives need to stop being doormats. stand up to the smear tactics and take the fight (ideologically) to them....dont cower in fear over what the MSM, or social media will say about you. stand on principle and let the chips fall where they may.

That's why I have as much disdain for the so call Conservatives as I do the Progressives. It's like they are in on it! wink wink

There are Progressives on both sides of the aisle. Bush was a progressive. McCain was a progressive, etc.

Once you understand that politics get a lot less confusing.

To the OP, well said and it has been a long time since I have met a real Liberal.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Does no one else here even question the veracity of this unknown persons claim to being a classical liberal?
Is no one even willing to consider that it is a ruse? A conservative claiming to be a liberal and then exhorting fellow conservatives to ''step up'' against the liberal courts, one of the most prolific conservative memes of the last half century?

A classical liberal is for small government and a balanced budget. They just disagree with the conservative ideology on how to do that.

I understand your confusion though... a REAL liberal is about as common as a unicorn now.

Progressives co-opted that ideology years sgo.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Malcador

there's nothing disagreeable with that post.

Certainly nothing disagreeable to a conservative. Yet what about this as quoted from the statement made.

This is why the left is so freaked out when it comes to the Supreme Court. They see the SCOTUS as an end game. They see controlling the Supreme Court as their only chance "left" to get their way.

Am I wrong to think that exactly the opposite is true? That this present question of Kavanaugh is not to keep the sc liberal but rather to keep it from becoming completely conservative? How many judges were appointed by ''liberal'' presidents and how many conservative?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Does no one else here even question the veracity of this unknown persons claim to being a classical liberal?
Is no one even willing to consider that it is a ruse? A conservative claiming to be a liberal and then exhorting fellow conservatives to ''step up'' against the liberal courts, one of the most prolific conservative memes of the last half century?

Yet we who question that broad who came out the wood work to claim our current SCOTUS nominee is a ruse are crazy and should just STFU? roflmao

How is it that you automatically think that one equates to the other. Those who automatically believe she is telling the truth are as bad as those who automatically believe this person is a liberal.

I don't equate her being truthful on her accusations on her political beliefs, but at the same time since the progressive left has decided to wear their emotions on their sleeves and deliberately promote their intentions to subvert our rule of law over their political beliefs how is it not common sense to question her motive considering her political background?

You do realize that politics has become a religion for many don't you?
edit on 23-9-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

And I'm telling you right now they are going to win even with this insanity, if the conservatives do not wake up and fight back. I don't mean violently, that's not going to do any good, I mean ideologically. Conservatives need to stop being so nice and they need to stand their ground. They need to get rid of the RINOs in their own organizations that are trying to undermine them. Then they need to unite and take back this Republic.

In short, they need to grow a pair.

Basically agree with that completely

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

To me, this reads like somebody who is taking a really big risk of alienating themselves from everybody. I think we need to at least support them for having the gall to actually stand up and talk some possible truth instead of just insane political rhetoric.

Risk, what risk? An unnamed poster claiming to be liberal on an unnamed conservative website who states things that sound good to all the conservatives here risks NOTHING.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I believe the claim until proven wrong. Isn’t that the correct mantra?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

This person isnt wrong. The part that resonated with me is that the conservatives need to stop being doormats. stand up to the smear tactics and take the fight (ideologically) to them....dont cower in fear over what the MSM, or social media will say about you. stand on principle and let the chips fall where they may.

That's why I have as much disdain for the so call Conservatives as I do the Progressives. It's like they are in on it! wink wink

There are Progressives on both sides of the aisle. Bush was a progressive. McCain was a progressive, etc.

To the OP, well said and it has been a long time since I have met a real Liberal.

I agree! Progressive defines anyone in our government or a private citizen that Democrat or Republican you can still be Progressive!

Wish more people could see it!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yet we who question that broad who came out the wood work to claim our current SCOTUS nominee is a ruse are crazy and should just STFU? roflmao

How is it that you automatically think that one equates to the other. Those who automatically believe she is telling the truth are as bad as those who automatically believe this person is a liberal.

I don't equate her being truthful on her accusations on her political beliefs, but at the same time since the progressive left has decided to wear their emotions on their sleeves and deliberately promote their intentions to subvert our rule of law over their political beliefs how is it not common sense to question her motive considering her political background?

You do realize that politics has become a religion for many don't you?

Oh yeah, I realize that. And I for one place no value on that woman's statements as I can only see the same battle points as everyone else and so place no importance on her accusations. However taking the word of this ''poster'' at face value seems to me to be just as disingenuous as all the promotion of that woman's story. Don't you?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

there's nothing disagreeable with that post.

Certainly nothing disagreeable to a conservative. Yet what about this as quoted from the statement made.

This is why the left is so freaked out when it comes to the Supreme Court. They see the SCOTUS as an end game. They see controlling the Supreme Court as their only chance "left" to get their way.

Am I wrong to think that exactly the opposite is true? That this present question of Kavanaugh is not to keep the sc liberal but rather to keep it from becoming completely conservative? How many judges were appointed by ''liberal'' presidents and how many conservative?

There was nothing to disagree with in the post because it was correct. Even the great Progressive Wilson pointed out that Progressives needed to control the Supreme Court because that way they could accomplish things that they could not do at the ballot box. Thus subverting the will of the people.

Also keep in mind, a "completely conservative" court to you means an entire Supreme Court that does not legislate from the bench, but merely applies existing law to a case.

That doesn't mean it would actually be a conservative court, it just means you are a Progressive.

edit on 23-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Half of women are pro life and I would say that the majority of men are pro life. So society at large is more pro life than probably murder but that's not the accepted narrative is it?

Got any proof of that?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I was just reading an article that said the future looks bright for the left, they might control both chambers of Congress soon and the Presidency after that. In this case, it would be the Republicans who would be trying to maintain control through the judiciary branch.

Yes, the Supreme Court is important. It could single-handedly get in the way of the Democrat agenda, even if the Dems controlled everything else.

However, I don't see any convincing evidence that the left hasn't been able to get its agenda across through other means such as Congress and the Presidency. Maybe not at this very moment with the current makeup of the government, but this is to be expected.

There have been plenty of liberal laws that have been passed in the history of America. Of course it's possible to get them passed with a majority of citizens supporting them.
edit on 23pmSun, 23 Sep 2018 17:20:33 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot
Sad, ain't it?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

edited by Lumenari because the poster did.

There is an easy litmus test, actually.

If more government control is a good thing, you are a Progressive.

Because their end game is an all-powerful government to take care of them and everyone else, from cradle to grave.

There are a few actual liberals in government still. The Democratic party needs to be taken back... it has been infiltrated by radicals that use their (well-meaning) base to amass more power.

There are a growing number of actual conservatives in the Republican party, which gives me hope. Otherwise, the party is a bunch of self-serving opportunists as well.

To get a strong and better bunch of people who actually "represent" us, we need to start a massive toilet flush of incumbents every election cycle.

It's almost too late, but again I am beginning, despite myself, to dare to hope.

edit on 23-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Maybe this is why people that are out there that think like this don't post more?

Exactly. Trump could shove a pickle up almost anybody's ass on this site and the would claim he is doing great.

They claim to hate the liberals but every one of them will claim their social security as soon as possible.

Honestly you guys make me sick. You have turned this site into such a pro trump site that it is appalling.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I can't believe I am agreeing with a liberal. But I have to.

On point and well said.

This is because a liberal chose to be honest, which is very uncommon and rare today.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Maybe this is why people that are out there that think like this don't post more?

Exactly. Trump could shove a pickle up almost anybody's ass on this site and the would claim he is doing great.

They claim to hate the liberals but every one of them will claim their social security as soon as possible.

Honestly you guys make me sick. You have turned this site into such a pro trump site that it is appalling.

You need a binky?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Not only is the authenticity dubious, it's just plain wrong. Consider:

The left has only been able to advance any leftist causes, both socially and politically, through the courts and through litigation, never at the ballot box. This has been going on for at least 50 years, maybe even longer.

The implication here seems to be that the Left is unable to win elections for about two generations. This is absurd and easily disproved. 50 years ago = 1968. So in terms of presidents:

Nixon
Nixon/Ford
Carter
Reagan
Reagan
Bush 41
Clinton
Clinton
Bush 43
Bush 43
Obama
Obama
Trump

That's 8 Republican terms to 5 Democrat. And if you go back "even further" and count JFK/LBJ at the height of the Civil Rights Era, it's 8 Republican terms to 7 Democrat or dead even prior to Trump (and even again if Trump doesn't get re-elected).

Control of Congress:

90th: Senate - D, House - D (LBJ)
91st: Senate - D, House - D (Nixon)
92nd: Senate - D, House - D (Nixon)
93rd: Senate - D, House - D (Ford)
94th: Senate - D, House - D (Ford)
95th: Senate - D, House - D (Carter)
96th: Senate - D, House - D (Carter)
97th: Senate - R, House - D (Reagan)
98th: Senate - R, House - D (Reagan)
99th: Senate - R, House - D (Reagan)
100th: Senate - D, House - D (Reagan)
101st: Senate - D, House - D (Bush 41)
102nd: Senate - D, House - D (Bush 41)
103rd: Senate - D, House - D (Clinton)
104th: Senate - R, House - R (Clinton)
105th: Senate - R, House - R (Clinton)
106th: Senate - R, House - R (Clinton)
107th: Senate - split R & D/I, House - R (Bush 43)
108th: Senate - R, House - R (Bush 43)
109th: Senate - R, House - R (Bush 43)
110th: Senate - D/I, House - R (Bush 43)
111th: Senate - D, House - D (Obama)
112th: Senate - R, House - R (Obama)
113th: Senate - R, House - R (Obama)
114th: Senate - R, House - R (Obama)
115th: Senate - R, House - R (Trump)

12 congresses controlled by Dems, 9 by Republicans and 5 split. While it's true that Democrats have lost a lot of seats in the last few cycles clearly, it's not a 50+ year trend. That's just a dumb factually incorrect thing for anyone to say.

It's the only play in their playbook now: activism through a stacked judiciary.

If they lose that ability now, they feel that they have no voice left in government

Lose that ability? Here's why this is so funny. The person who wrote this is obviously both ignorant and projecting. Let's examine appointments for Presidents over the last 50 years and we won't even count those under Trump:

Nixon: supreme - 4, circuit - 51, district - 180
Ford: supreme - 1, circuit - 12, district - 52
Carter: supreme - 0, circuit - 59 , district - 203
Reagan: supreme - 4, circuit - 83 , district - 296
Bush 41: supreme - 2, circuit - 42, district - 149
Clinton: supreme - 2, circuit - 66 , district - 310
Bush 43: supreme - 2, circuit - 62, district - 263
Obama: supreme - 2, circuit - 55, district - 272

If we leave out Trump, that's 13 SCOTUS justice appointments for Republicans vs friggin 4 for Democrats. 250 circuit court justices for Republicans vs 180 for Democrats and 940 district court judges for Republicans vs 785 for Democrats.

The SCOTUS courts have been the Burger Court (1968-1986), the Rehnquist Court (1986-2005) and the Roberts Court. All Chief Justices appointed by Republicans. The Burger court transitioned to right leaning and SCOTUS has leaned right since. Basically two generations stacked not left but right.

So the idea that Democrats haven't been winning elections but have been stacking the courts over the last 50 years is some moronic delusion born of right-wing rhetoric and propaganda and the trope of "activist judges." It doesn't even make sense on its face considering that a party can't really stack the courts without winning elections.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

"Thoughts?"

I have pretty much given up on US politics at the Federal, i.e., Congressional level. I rarely vote anymore in the Federal elections and as I watch whats happening on the Coasts and with the Congressional Democrats, I realized today that if these people are representative of the views of a majority of "Americans", I can no longer self-identify as and American. I have nothing but loathing for the Leftists and I refuse to be ruled over by them, their corrupt government or their corrupted kangaroo courts.

I vote in the State and local elections and I live in Texas. I dont often travel to the US but when I do I have as little as possible to do with the locals. For me anymore, travelling to either coast or even the Carolinas or Florida is like traveling to enemy country.

I would tell your classical liberal friend to stuff it, I dont care. He's been a fellow traveler too long to make a change now as far as I am concerned.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join