It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting comment I found from a liberal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I found a very interesting comment in a thread about Judge Kavanaugh and all that fun stuff at a conservative website. It doesn't really matter which site at this point, what's important is that the comment came from an obvious liberal and it actually makes sense. I think it's so good that maybe we can discuss it here, at least it's good enough to discuss. I am now going to paste the entire text of the comment here. Here we go:

"I'm going to step across the aisle from my vantage point on the left and explain to you in plain English what I see of what's really going on.

The left has only been able to advance any leftist causes, both socially and politically, through the courts and through litigation, never at the ballot box. This has been going on for at least 50 years, maybe even longer.

The left has not been able to advance any of these causes through voting and through elections. They have failed utterly in that regard which is why they turn to the court system which they have worked overtime historically to stack with activist judges.

This is why the left is so freaked out when it comes to the Supreme Court. They see the SCOTUS as an end game. They see controlling the Supreme Court as their only chance "left" to get their way.

It's the only play in their playbook now: activism through a stacked judiciary.

If they lose that ability now, they feel that they have no voice left in government. (They also want gun control so bad because they know that they can't control themselves when they are triggered. They want access taken away to protect them from themselves. But that's another expanded topic for another day. I mention it here though because I need to bring an example forward of it in the next paragraph to help make this point.)

The 9th Circuit decision recently about concealed carry really freaks the left out because they were not expecting things to not go their way. A decision this huge should have amazingly large constitutional and social discourse attached to it but we have pretty much forgotten all about it even though it's that important-- because there is a media blackout. The left-leaning media really does control the narrative in this country. They really do. It's not what we're discussing but we're not discussing that's important. Please keep that in mind.

But behind the scenes, the left is working overtime to try to stick their finger in these damholes. They are willing to sacrifice literally everything to protect their perceived control of the judicial system.

I have been involved in social, peaceful, activism for many many years from the standpoint of a classic leftist liberal and from where I sit, it's pretty clear that this is what's going on. I know you don't know me from Adam but I've been around a long time and just look at my name. I shouldn't even be speaking out about this like this but I just can't help it, you all deserve to know the truth of what's really happening.

If you look around honestly you'll more than likely see that what I'm saying is making good common sense. But you need to figure this out with your own heart and mind. The mass media in this country can no longer be trusted and true Independent Media is under attack like never before. Therefore even if I tried to provide you sources nobody believes them anymore anyway.

At this point we all need to do our own individual research and stop being spoon-fed.

Through my honest research trying to be as impartial as I possibly could be, I'm now convinced that those who are currently calling themselves the left need to occupy a brain cell. They're running everything on emotion and they don't care who they hurt anymore. They've gone completely radical. And mental.

All the way to the point of actual sedition.

And I'm telling you right now they are going to win even with this insanity, if the conservatives do not wake up and fight back. I don't mean violently, that's not going to do any good, I mean ideologically. Conservatives need to stop being so nice and they need to stand their ground. They need to get rid of the RINOs in their own organizations that are trying to undermine them. Then they need to unite and take back this Republic.

In short, they need to grow a pair.

I just can't sit back and watch entire ideologies that actually do care about people, the classic liberal ideologies and the classic conservative ideologies, all turn to disgusting tactics like this, even more disgusting than usual, and for political gain. I can't sit back and watch the left go completely insanely radical any more nor can I sit back and watch the right turn into completely docile door mats.

This is something to think about, I hope. And please know that I come to you in peace. I actually care about this country very much, just like you do.

Sincerely,

Now Occupy
A Classic Liberal"

Thoughts?
edit on 23-9-2018 by gernblan because: Fixed formatting

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Great to hear from a Classical Liberal!

You guys/gals are either a rare breed or just to damned scared of those who have hijacked your cause to speak out!

Let your voice be heard!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Well stated.

Can't disagree with this at all.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This person isnt wrong. The part that resonated with me is that the conservatives need to stop being doormats. stand up to the smear tactics and take the fight (ideologically) to them....dont cower in fear over what the MSM, or social media will say about you. stand on principle and let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
This person isnt wrong. The part that resonated with me is that the conservatives need to stop being doormats. stand up to the smear tactics and take the fight (ideologically) to them....dont cower in fear over what the MSM, or social media will say about you. stand on principle and let the chips fall where they may.

That's why I have as much disdain for the so call Conservatives as I do the Progressives. It's like they are in on it! wink wink

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I can't believe I am agreeing with a liberal. But I have to.

On point and well said.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

That's why I have as much disdain for the so call Conservatives as I do the Progressives. It's like they are in on it! wink wink

yeah, so many so called conservatives are establishment progressive tools like McConnell, Ryan, Grahm, Murkowski, Flake, McCain (RIP), Collins and so on.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

On point and well said.

In my mind, there is a difference between a liberal and a leftist........classic liberals have more in common with conservatives these days than they do with the leftist statist progs

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

On point and well said.

I have said this several times! Stop referring to Progressives as Liberals! I see it so many times with people calling others who are progressives libtards. STOP IT!

God Dammit man! Why should we alienate those who want to join our cause?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Does no one else here even question the veracity of this unknown persons claim to being a classical liberal?
Is no one even willing to consider that it is a ruse? A conservative claiming to be a liberal and then exhorting fellow conservatives to ''step up'' against the liberal courts, one of the most prolific conservative memes of the last half century?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Does no one else here even question the veracity of this unknown persons claim to being a classical liberal?
Is no one even willing to consider that it is a ruse? A conservative claiming to be a liberal and then exhorting fellow conservatives to ''step up'' against the liberal courts, one of the most prolific conservative memes of the last half century?

Yet we who question that broad who came out the wood work to claim our current SCOTUS nominee is a ruse are crazy and should just STFU? roflmao

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Double.
edit on 23-9-2018 by Malcador because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That there is an actual Liberal and nothing he/she said was false. The left has only ever got there way through the courts.

I'll go one step further and say that this issue with Kav has zero to do with Roe vs Wade. It has EVERYTHING to do with the 2nd Amendment.

Confirm Kav, replace RBG and Kennedy and the left will have completely lost their chance to abolish the 2nd for at least 30 years.

Anyone with a brain and the barest minimum of logic can plainly see that Left does not care about women. If they did Clinton would have been a pariahn on the left for years. Ellison would have been removed etc etc etc.

The 2nd has always been the goal. And they were so very, very close and now it's all slipping away and that explains their unhinged gongshow.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malcador
That there is an actual Liberal and nothing he/she said was false. The left has only ever got there way through the courts.

I'll go one step further and say that this issue with Kav has zero to do with Roe vs Wade. It has EVERYTHING to do with the 2nd Amendment.

Confirm Kav, replace RBG and Kennedy and the left will have completely lost their chance to abolish the 2nd for at least 30 years.

Anyone with a brain and the barest minimum of logic can plainly see that Left does not care about women. If they did Clinton would have been a pariahn on the left for years. Ellison would have been removed etc etc etc.

The 2nd has always been the goal. And they were so very, very close and now it's all slipping away and that explains their unhinged gongshow.

I believe you are right! Roe versus Wade is a smokescreen. I also think is has to do with the 1st as well. We all know that their agenda can't continue with out "Hate speech" becoming a reason to LOCK people up!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Absolutely could be a ruse. Regardless of that, there's nothing disagreeable with that post.

And it's not far fetched to believe it is an actual Liberal. Liberals these ways are closer to the Conservatives than they are with the far left neo Marxist slime that has infested the Democrat party.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

From what I saw, does it even matter? The points that are being made are good ones. Why would you just go straight to ad hominem attacks? When I read that comment I honestly didn't care where it came from, the points this person is making are very valid to me and ring true.

Please, don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yet we who question that broad who came out the wood work to claim our current SCOTUS nominee is a ruse are crazy and should just STFU? roflmao

How is it that you automatically think that one equates to the other. Those who automatically believe she is telling the truth are as bad as those who automatically believe this person is a liberal.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malcador

I believe you are right! Roe versus Wade is a smokescreen. I also think is has to do with the 1st as well. We all know that their agenda can't continue with out "Hate speech" becoming a reason to LOCK people up!

The interesting thing to me is the accepted narrative that the pro murder crowd (but only for babies and never for serial killers or rapists-figure that brain twister out if you can lol) is the majority.

Half of women are pro life and I would say that the majority of men are pro life. So society at large is more pro life than probably murder but that's not the accepted narrative is it?

At best for the pro baby murder crowd the population as a whole is 50/50 on baby murder (which is a whole mother sick topic) but that still isn't the majority they like to claim.

And for the pro murder crowd: spare me the men dont have a voice in this debate. That's nonsense and you know it, it's also a played out argument.

Half of abortions are Male children and we have as much right to speak up for them as anyone does.

Tangent question: If women were truly about equality between the sexes why dont men have an "opt out of unwanted pregnancy clause"?

It's my life I should get a say on whether or not I want my life inconvenienced with a baby.

Equal rights for all right?

Of course that all rests on the (laughable) assumption that women actually WANT equal rights.

Hint: they dont. Not truly. They only want equal rights in high paying, safe and clean industry's.

Just bring up equal rights as it pertains to the military draft to a feminist to see what I mean.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

There are classic liberals on ATS who say the same stuff

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

How is it that you automatically think that one equates to the other. Those who automatically believe she is telling the truth are as bad as those who automatically believe this person is a liberal.

Maybe this is why people that are out there that think like this don't post more? Because even when preaching to the choir they get ad hominem attacked?

To me, this reads like somebody who is taking a really big risk of alienating themselves from everybody. I think we need to at least support them for having the gall to actually stand up and talk some possible truth instead of just insane political rhetoric.

When I saw a post like that on a staunchly conservative website, I knew something was going on. It just doesn't seem like the tactic of somebody who's trying to kick a hornet's nest or cause trouble. It really does seem like somebody is trying to reach out. I also think this person is correct in the points that they are making. If we don't come together and put some sense into all of this and stand up for America, we are in big trouble. I think the real question here is why do we let the left go so insane all the time and why are we so tolerant of them even when they're resorting to violence--which is what they've been doing lately.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join