It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike’s Market Value Surges By $6 Billion After Controversial Kaepernick Ad

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Nike is a global corporation. I'm sure there are people in other countries that see a certain kind of headline and immediately empathize and rally behind someone famous.

Too bad their shoes are made by women and children making $0.10 an hour.

$6 Billion indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's only because everyone who burned up their stuff regretted it and now is rebuying everything they burned LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

I hope you're not posting this from device running windows, otherwise the irony would suffocate me.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Malcador

Now you fools cheer them on 'cause Trump.

I'm not cheering anyone on, least of all Nike. They could go out of business tomorrow and I wouldn't be affected one bit and wouldn't really care to be honest, I don't wear Nikes nor do I have any stake in their success or failure. People around here act like they will somehow benefit from Nike succeeding or failing which is kind of dumb if you ask me, unless you own stocks in their business of course.

Once upon a time it was the left marching against companys like Nike. It was the left destroying their products.

Once upon a time it was the right defending companies like Nike. Wanna admit that you are also a hypocrite? That whataboutism simply shows just how similar the right and left actually are, changing stances on the whim of whomever is in office and whatever their preferred media outlet tells them.

This fake outrage is getting old, from both sides of the aisle, it's childish. Wanna know why society seems to be breaking down right now? Because of stupid # like this and people valuing their own opinions over anything else. It's social engineering at its worst and you guys are swallowing it hook, line and sinker. Sad.

Well if you aren't cheering the on then I wasnt talking about you was I?

Blah blah blah. Should have just kept your meaningless post to the usual 4 sentance you spew in every thread. Much more succinct than whatever this drivel is.

And I'm not "right" or "GOP". I'm a liberal voter from Canada that laughs at supposedly left wing people defending a multi national corporation that engages in slave and child labour because it's a way to hit back at Trump and allows white guilt leftists to virtue signal to the world about how "woke they be".

I don't care what the right did or didnt do in the past. My comment was specifically about this topic not past transgressions of conservatives.

Derail and obfuscate all you want but my point still stands and is irrefutable.

The left supports slavery and child exploitation as long as they can score points against Trump.

You're right it is sad. Pathetic even.

No whataboutism here. I've boycotted Nike and their garbage products for 20+ years.

You can respond or not. Dont really care. I have no interest in engaging with you past this point in any thread or on any topic.

Just continue doing your usual cut and past post that you fling up on every thread and I'll do me.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

I hope you're not posting this from device running windows, otherwise the irony would suffocate me.

No one is cashing in on windows. Or is there some footballer standing next to windows 98, championing the merits of overcoming adversity, and holding a microsoft serial mouse ?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
HuffPost? Lol, the SAME HuffPost that "forecasted" Hillary's "win?"

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The real reason for the triggering is the realization that , Nike's move signal a defeat in the culture wars, they calculated that the folks who are more likely to buy their brand, are Younger folks under 30, they are POC, they tend to be progressively minded in politics, in other words they are banking on the future and the future is them..not the burners of sneakers , many here trumpet the idea of the market place as the ultimate arbiter and Nike's gambit exposed that reality.
edit on 25-9-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
The real reason for the triggering, is the realization that , Nike's move signal a defeat in the culture wars, they calculated that the folks who are more likely to buy their brand, are Younger folks under 30, they are POC, they tend to be progressively minded in politics, in other words they are banking on the future and the future is them..not the burners of sneakers , many here trumpet the idea of the market place as the ultimate arbiter, and Nike's gambit exposed that reality.

Nailed it

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

remember in early 2000 when NIKE were investigated for sweat shop conditions , child labour and humanitarian concerns over their factories !

Aye , so many NIKE boycotts then eh!

im surprised if the whole #in thing was designed just to increase their stock price!

I think that all controversy is engineered in order to drive up HYPE

see , Eminem and his diss tracks , and all the other artists replying, great way to drive album sales , create controversy
get people talking !

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Well there wouldn't have been any controversy if many hadn't bought the "hype" that Kap's protest was anti-American.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I thought his protest was a great example of americanism !

He used his rights as gifted to him by the constitution to protest how un-american , America had become hahahah

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

No one is cashing in on windows. Or is there some footballer standing next to windows 98, championing the merits of overcoming adversity, and holding a microsoft serial mouse ?

If you look really hard, you'll see the context of a poster pretending to care about child labor, while most certainly using a device that has components made from child labor.

I made it easy for you.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

And their stock just took a 4% hit (though looks to have recovered at time of this posting) due to China slowdown which they rely on for growth. Don't they know there's a trade war on?

I won't burn my Nike stuff but I also won't buy anything new from them. I run in higher quality running shoes than what Nike produces anyway. I only like their pro level compression clothing.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Sometimes the people really do get their voice heard.

Sad state of affairs in the country. Pig socks and Castro t shirts. What a time to be alive.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

And their stock just took a 4% hit (though looks to have recovered at time of this posting) due to China slowdown which they rely on for growth. Don't they know there's a trade war on?

I won't burn my Nike stuff but I also won't buy anything new from them. I run in higher quality running shoes than what Nike produces anyway. I only like their pro level compression clothing.

I’ve renamed my pair of Nike’s police haters for now. Won’t ever buy another Nike product. I’ll wear this pair and that’s the last for me.

I still watch football, tho going to games and seeing political shirts is kind of a downer. I stand for the anthem shirts are abound in the stadium.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Got nothing to do With China , the stock originally took a planned hit, but they knew they'd more than make up for it, matter of fact some AAs bought stocks in Nike via Church organization through their pastors, rather than just buying the shoes themselves..see Roland Martin's exposé on this.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Good for Nike, but they lost me as a customer over this.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

No, we just saw it as hypocritical that a babied millionaire didn't do anything off the field that he purported to kneel for.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

No, we just saw it as hypocritical that a babied millionaire didn't do anything off the field that he purported to kneel for.

You obviously haven't followed his work off the field ,else you wouldn't say that..go here
www.forbes.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I have, but you're buying the PR.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join