It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Woods locked out of his Twitter account for posting a meme.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: wylekat

I've heard theories more far fetched. Not that that isn't far fetched, mind you, but I've heard worse.

To me, it makes sense. Take a Mob boss. He cannot get his hands dirty for a variety of reasons-But he will gladly employ someone to do his dirty work for him. The fact that there is dog and pony pressure on Twitter and Facebook, but nothing truly damning or effective speaks volumes to me, at least.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Though, I guess maybe it might just have been the obvious feeble minded intent that pushed buttons...

Using advanced predictive algorithms, which have human psychology subroutines, the meme was scientifically engineered to trigger feminists. And it was a success! Five million dollars well spent!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I've always been a fan of Woods, but as a person I was doubtful.

Since he showed himself I've got a lot more respect for him.

I hope he will find a way to continue to be heard in this environment of censorship.

It is so ironic that the press screams about censorship yet the left is banning people like mad.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Hmmm. I don't really know how to feel about this. I like him in movies but don't really care about his personality or his Twitter activity.

Anyway, I think if someone gave me control over the internet for a week and everything I did was final, I'd just ban memes and those stupid looping gif things and ruin the world for internet trolls everywhere.

If you were unbiased you would know how to think. This is obvious micromanaging and political bias by the owner of Twitter. And hes only getting banned because he is famous or else Jack Dorsey would never have even seen the meme.

Furthermore, Jack obviously realizes Lefties are stupid enough to actually fall for it. Hes actually concerned (and rightly so because most of them are idiots) something like this could effect the midterm.

Leftys don't think things through. It's been proven time and time again. Ive demonstrated it multiple times. Something effects their emotions, and they just react without stopping to think. We have to MAKE them think. Memes like this can be a stepping stone on that pathway.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: seeker1963

A thought just occurred...

The GOVERNMENT cannot restrict one's freedom of speech, right?

So what if they outsourced the job to Fartbook, Twibbler, et al?

And we know now that they outsourced spying on Americans to foreign intel agencies too.

👁‍🗨5eyes👁‍🗨

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Twitter is getting beyond ridiculous now. I unsubscribed to all my Twitter followings a couple weeks back because certain people look at who you follow and think they have you all figured out....

I never really wanted to make an account there in the first place but one drunken night...

As far as I'm concerned it should be called Sh1tter.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
This is an outrage!!!!! REEEEEEE!!!!!!

More just idiotic, petty, and kinda funny when you realize he had to take action because a lot of people would be onboard with this without thinking twice.

Admit it, it took you a minute to figure it out because at first you were probably like "hey, this is a REALLY good idea!" But being that you are an ATS leftist, you have the benefit of socializing with critical thinking conservatives, you probably didn't take too long to realize this is a really bad idea...
edit on 9/23/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

But here's the thing; that tweet was over 2 months old. I have the feeling they specifically searched his account for something remotely justifiable as to why they would lock him out and just happened to find that one back then.

Some of his recent tweets have been very controversial, including one where he called some female senator a sexist witch and told her to go # herself. I would think they are trying to silence him, period, not because of a 2 month old tweet that could influence an election (yeah, right). This is straight up silencing of the opposition, just for the f**k of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Something is going to give soon when it comes to the power these social media giants have.

They have morphed into more than just a private company. They are becoming like a communication utility.

Remember 1982 and the breakup of the Bell system.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Facebook and Twitter are basically social propaganda crap and have been questioned from he start by reasonable people.

To bad so much of our society makes them part of their life and decision process.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Let's be real for a moment shall we?

Only those who can't meme are against memes.

AKA most lefties.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Something is going to give soon when it comes to the power these social media giants have.

They have morphed into more than just a private company. They are becoming like a communication utility.

Remember 1982 and the breakup of the Bell system.

There are other sites then twitter or facebook. No one has to use them. It's a choice screwed up people have created to screw up other people. People could walk away but they won't.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Interesting detail. 2 months old. I didn't notice that in the article, thanks for bringing that to our (all of us here at Ats) attention.

I think they are becoming ever more desperate (and it will become ever more obvious) as we near midterms.

October should be interesting.

Just how far will they go?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Facebook was pretty decent when only intelligent people were online. It wasn't until "smart" phones came out that the lunatics started running the asylum...

I miss the early days of the internet so much. Obviously our governments pushed the people down this road with subsidies and such. I miss MSN messenger. Those were the days.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's true. I can't remember the last time I logged in to Facebook.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The early days of the net were quite different.

This is what happens when just anyone can use it. Idiots and crooks drag it down to their level.

edit on 9/23/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

This is what happens when let anyone use it. Idiots and crooks drag it down to their level.

You mean the people running the Big Tech firms?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

A thought just occurred...

The GOVERNMENT cannot restrict one's freedom of speech, right?

So what if they outsourced the job to Fartbook, Twibbler, et al?

We have a winner.

You know I was watching a brookings institute meeting where they talked about targetting people online to change their behavior through a series of ads...

The government man there was talking about how it was so good that google was doing this because there is too much restriction on government agency.

In fact the entire meeting was about encouraging NGOs non government organizations to help in this fight to control human behavior.

That particular meeting was about first targetting ISIS.. phase 2 was targetting the far right or alt right they called it both.. they hinted at a phase 3 but then got coy about the TA target audience of that phase..

Corporations Can control speech..

Keep that in mind.

Maybe take back over the government and take out the CIA while youre at it.. but meanwhile realize corporations can do more harm in conjunction with the government than either can do alone.
We call that fascism.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

This is what happens when just anyone can use it. Idiots and crooks drag it down to their level.

MTIGA!

Make the internet great again!

I'm going to start campaigning.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I fully expect James Woods to be prosecuted for mass murder in the near future, millions of liberal minds have exploded just from his twitter truth bombs.

Dude is a genocidal maniac.

Lock.
Him.
Up.

edit on 23-9-2018 by OneArmedBandit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join