It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and American Crazyness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Oh, so the owners write all the threads, and make all the responses, do they?

Or is it the members???

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have been lurking and posting ATS off and on for years and this has been kind of annoying me too. Not saying people shouldn't be discussing Trump here but it's just devolved into partisan bickering just like every other forum on the internet. This is (primarily) a conspiracy forum (IMO) but the only conspiracy talk most of these people are interested in is the idea that there's a conspiracy against Trump.

Trump is facing exactly the same conspiracy forces that every president has. The political/partisan opposition is an open conspiracy. They don't try to hide it. That isn't very juicy material for a forum like this one. You can discuss that anywhere on the internet.

But, I suppose that it does bring traffic here. I fear ATS will morph into the kind of site where conspiracy talk is shouted down eventually, however. The types of people who are playing partisan games have their loyalties firmly invested in partisanship and I don't think that's good for a site like this. Just my 3 cents.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Many of those in the thread missed the point in the OP. Another day at ATS.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
I wonder if the owners want this to be an international site because the "new" button just lists hundreds of bone threads on political America.

The majority of posts on anything to do with American politics swamp this website with garbage the majority probably dont want to hear.

Is it possible that the owners could have a 'New" button for every post except those relating to American politics, and you have a sub forum for anything american politics.

Alternatively, a sub forum for everything other than trump and american politics.

This site is becoming so tiresome to trawl through the politics to get to the good stuff.

Whoever Kavvanah or whatever is, it has several threads, stormy was the same, everyone trump ever sacked is the same...this is not above top secret, its a bloody political debate.

Please cut this garbage out.

Its not the site, US, Aust. or U.K. It's the new thread starters themselves....and whatever's posted up to the minute...is whats up currently, changing days to day, hr by hr, minute by minute. It could just as well be filled with "solar flare" topics....doesn't matter.

I dislike politics myself...but I understand the method. It reflects WHO and HOW MANY posters are discussioning WHAT at any given moment...and you can't change that now, right? So why don't YOU start 9 different new topics to balance out the 9 you say you counted here?

Kicking your car door everytime you get in....and then driving away in it anyway? That does nothing but damage your car...and your foot. If you're using it...quit kicking it or get another car.

In 8 yrs, I only open on NEW...whether on mobile, tablet, laptop or p.c...because it accurately reflects up to the minute thoughts-posted threads. It's the real, current flow....and..I never log out or in.

I can though in your defense and support...see perhaps a Central Forum or 2 or 3 where all things political would be placed...you open it or not.

Best, MS.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

I just want hot alien women with good party favors to pick me up and we race across the galaxy..

Line forms behind me. *laughs evilly*

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: DIEGLOKE2

I've read your posts..... you're not exactly a shining example of your country are you sport?

Who says I want to be?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DIEGLOKE2
a reply to: Forensick

I find it rather amusing.

It reminds me how Dumb America is and reminds me why I am glad I don't live there

Spare a thought for those of us who have to live here, ok?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You might go by the "Recent" button more, and if you dont see the topics there that you want to be seeing its because you're not bumping them.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

thats not fair. america always had a huge influence to european life, and it still has. trump is sort of a symptom, a bad dream, but like anything, he will be gone some day. we as europeans need america as a friend and partner. what is striking, specially here on ats, they didn't realize the real danger: putin and his inner circle. the far right movement. nationalism. and yes, i rather read some crazy ufostories instead of crazy stories about american politics.

Hey your country voted trump and has gone full retard.

Not my fault if most the world's laughing at you guys

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

I find it rather amusing.

It reminds me how Dumb America is and reminds me why I am glad I don't live there

Spare a thought for those of us who have to live here, ok?

Yeah, your right. I need to think of the victims of the insanity going on there

edit on 23-9-2018 by DIEGLOKE2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I love that theory, that the staff do it all under sock accounts. Well except that one legit member making the claim of course.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Oh, so the owners write all the threads, and make all the responses, do they?

Or is it the members???

Well if you didn't have threads by a certain 6 or so members you'd loose about 30% of the content here. And those are pretty much all political.
I think that's the point.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I've noticed. Quite a while ago, in fact.

More power to 'em. While I don't necessarily like the innumerable political threads, it is what it is.

There's plenty else to be opined upon, if people can be bothered to write the threads, and post 'em. I suppose I'm part of the problem...I've lost count of the number of threads I've started to write, and didn't post 'em. Some were politics, as politics are an aspect of life that there's no getting away from, and some, of course, weren't.

But complaining about it isn't, as you well know, as we've had this conversation many, many times over the years, going to change it.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

I love that theory, that the staff do it all under sock accounts. Well except that one legit member making the claim of course.

Shh. Before everyone figures out I'm really Skeptical Overlord in drag.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It's a matter of tolerance. Some people are unfazed by the onslaught of these political topics, some put up with it, some can't stand it. It even gets to me sometimes. That's when it's time for a break. Like you said, it's not going to change so why bother complaining. Might as well complain to a tomato that it's red.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

thats not fair. america always had a huge influence to european life, and it still has. trump is sort of a symptom, a bad dream, but like anything, he will be gone some day. we as europeans need america as a friend and partner. what is striking, specially here on ats, they didn't realize the real danger: putin and his inner circle. the far right movement. nationalism. and yes, i rather read some crazy ufostories instead of crazy stories about american politics.

Hey your country voted trump and has gone full retard.

Not my fault if most the world's laughing at you guys

In all fairness, the alternative was Hillary. It was either one retard or the other retard (and one of them was married to Slick Willie). It wasn't a hard choice. Close your eyes, spin yourself around 4 times and hit a random vote button and you had the same # with a different face either way. Oh, we could have possibly gotten another retard named Bernie if things went a bit haywire (like his hair).

No matter how you slice it, the president is just bread and circuses and isn't really controlling anything and that is what ATS should be concerned with.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Is it possible that the owners could have a 'New" button for every post except those relating to American politics, and you have a sub forum for anything american politics.

I never use the "New" button.

It's easy to go to the "forums" page and just click on the topics we like.

If you, like me, hate politics, a "new" button for everything except US politics wouldn't be enough, as people tend to inject US politics in almost every topic, so even if you are reading a thread about UFOs it's highly likely that you will see a couple of political posts.

That's the problem with user generated content, those that post are the ones that choose what they post about, and those that read are limited to that (unless they become thread creators too).

PS: since the first time I saw ATS, 14 years ago, this site has always been mostly used by people from the US, as would be expected for an English language international forum, as the US has a bigger population than other English speaking countries.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
...as people tend to inject US politics in almost every topic, so even if you are reading a thread about UFOs it's highly likely that you will see a couple of political posts.

Man I hate that. Take football for instance. It's my ONE thing. It will be different for others. It's what I go to to relax, chill and enjoy. Not just watching it. Talking about it, like we do on BTS. And then there's those #ing posts bringing every one down. Let it frickin go for christ's sake. We already know about your political views. Leave something for the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

You should know by now that Hillary & Trump are every topic (that could ever be talked about). Now hit that New Button and get with The Programming.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join