It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The creative force of peace of mind shapes your life.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I need to know, because I really don't have that.

It's possible, I've experienced it sometimes, particularly since I've been homeless and living out in the woods the past few months. I've spent a lot of time alone recently, up in the mountains.

I'm not sure what it is or exactly "how" you can achieve it on command. I'm not going to call it "meditation" or whatever likes lot to these New Age liars who like to act like they're enlightened. I don't have know what it is, don't have it all figured out.

I have become deeply religious and Christian, so I've probably messed around with my brain and have got all kinds of weird neurons firing off because of that. A lot of people around here would call that a whacko or insane, so be it, they're entitled to their opinions and maybe they're right. But it doesn't matter.

The OP is actually right. All I can say is it involves some kind of stillness or quietness, when all the "background programs" that are constantly running in your brain shut off. You become aware of all these thoughts that, in our normal obsessive, tense, hyped-up, confused day-to-day mental states we are just not aware of. You become aware of all these things in your head and they float around like clouds, and then they slow down, and then they almost stop. At that point your thoughts start becoming increasingly random and vivid, like random images and flashes and these vivid imaginings and feelings start flowing in. It's like you lost all control and direction over your "thoughts", but it's a wonderful thing, it's like a real freedom, you finally breathe as a free person.

It never lasts long for me, but I believe this the "creative force" the OP is talking about. I also believe hope and faith are integral to achieving these things, call me a nut. But you have to believe in something for it to work. I believe in Christ.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

a reply to: pointessa

Just sit still and don't let it bother you if you get trampled over? That's how I read "meditation & non-attachment". Next step death of the ego... doesn't matter because you already lay flat on the back why not also dying?
Better advice would be work for small instances of success. Create positive moments. But you are all just about enduring and blaming the self.

See I bet your problem is that you don't believe in anything. As long as you keep trying to find the answer in the world, in the material world and physical cause and effect, you won't be happy. The world will dash you to pieces just as soon as it lifts you up and makes you euphoric for a few briefs moments. You have to look beyond the world, that the only way.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

It's possible, I've experienced it sometimes, particularly since I've been homeless and living out in the woods the past few months. I've spent a lot of time alone recently, up in the mountains.

I'm not sure what it is or exactly "how" you can achieve it on command. I'm not going to call it "meditation" or whatever likes lot to these New Age liars who like to act like they're enlightened. I don't have know what it is, don't have it all figured out.

I have become deeply religious and Christian, so I've probably messed around with my brain and have got all kinds of weird neurons firing off because of that. A lot of people around here would call that a whacko or insane, so be it, they're entitled to their opinions and maybe they're right. But it doesn't matter.

The OP is actually right. All I can say is it involves some kind of stillness or quietness, when all the "background programs" that are constantly running in your brain shut off. You become aware of all these thoughts that, in our normal obsessive, tense, hyped-up, confused day-to-day mental states we are just not aware of. You become aware of all these things in your head and they float around like clouds, and then they slow down, and then they almost stop. At that point your thoughts start becoming increasingly random and vivid, like random images and flashes and these vivid imaginings and feelings start flowing in. It's like you lost all control and direction over your "thoughts", but it's a wonderful thing, it's like a real freedom, you finally breathe as a free person.

It never lasts long for me, but I believe this the "creative force" the OP is talking about. I also believe hope and faith are integral to achieving these things, call me a nut. But you have to believe in something for it to work. I believe in Christ.

There are all kinds of ways to get what you have experienced. Thanks for sharing your account. You are no nut.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

a reply to: pointessa

Just sit still and don't let it bother you if you get trampled over? That's how I read "meditation & non-attachment". Next step death of the ego... doesn't matter because you already lay flat on the back why not also dying?
Better advice would be work for small instances of success. Create positive moments. But you are all just about enduring and blaming the self.

See I bet your problem is that you don't believe in anything. As long as you keep trying to find the answer in the world, in the material world and physical cause and effect, you won't be happy. The world will dash you to pieces just as soon as it lifts you up and makes you euphoric for a few briefs moments. You have to look beyond the world, that the only way.

I am not trying to find anything in the material world. I know that stuff is not going to give me any lasting satisfaction, I have tried that. It's about what you experienced. It's not a philosophy, it's witnessing the experience inside the head and see it for what it is. All of those thoughts are not what we are, they are what we are witnessing. That might make sense to you. I do believe totally in the creator. But to have the experience, you don't have to be religious.

Another interesting thing about your experiences...they occurred when you were in nature and had far less contact with all of the stimulation that most of us are used to. I am really beginning to see how influential all forms of entertainment, the media, the company we keep are. These things can stimulate the mind like drugs, caffeine or strong emotions. I never use to give them the credit they deserve in that respect. I am much more selective about what I let my mind experience than I used to be.
edit on 23-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It's just that, when these words turn into a monster.....

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
somehow someway the mind seeks a island surrounded my a calm sea.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Your personal story was useful thank you for sharing.
I do believe in something behind the veil, but because I was witnessing effects on the material world. I just don't believe in justice. Not as long as we live and after that I become one with everything and don't need justice anymore.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: wylekat

I always say, the planet is beautiful the people are the problem. But justice in the end is only a fairy tale for those believing in a life after death.

If you can't have a life while you're alive- having one when you're dead is an idea of the insane. It's how the jerks who run the world keep control over the more gullible. I learned that after a stint in church.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
True peace of mind comes from knowing everyone else is dumb as dirt, if not dumber.
Find your zen in not being dumb or dumber.

Also... The trick is to believe you are peacefully at peace with the dummies. But beware... Dumb is contagious.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain

I don't want to be a party-pooper but without a positive outlook which is automatically a bit future the now can be a prison.

Well welcome to prison...because you will never escape now...because you are now!!
Watch and hear the video and you will find it is not a prison....it is home.
edit on 24-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

I appreciate your honesty and sincerity. We are not born with "peace of mind".

Every baby is born with peace of mind............because they have not got language yet. Without language and words and labels and concepts there is nothing in the mind. No things have been believed until there is language installed.
That is why the bible says that one has to be like a little child to enter the kingdom.

If you had no words or language there would be just what there is .....just this that is. What would you worry about if you only knew what was happening now?

There is a way to accomplish it, but it takes discipline and practice, through meditation and practicing non attachment. Desires and attachments and seeing our selves as separate will never allow for true and consistent peace of mind.

The only way to 'accomplish it' is to see and hear what is appearing...............if one is listening to sounds that are here then one is not lost in thoughts about things that are not here.
Every time the thoughts start speaking about you in time..........remember that you can never leave the present.
Are you separate to now?

The path I speak of takes consistent practice and commitment.

All it takes is the recognition that all there ever is ...is already here as this that actually is.
Now cannot be any different than it is.......but the mind will deny it.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I do believe in something behind the veil, but because I was witnessing effects on the material world. I just don't believe in justice. Not as long as we live and after that I become one with everything and don't need justice anymore.

Right here and right now..... now is appearing....and you are presently witnessing the present appearance.
You might believe that you are the body and mind....but the body and the thoughts (mind) are appearing........what is appearing is moving.
But really, truly, 'you' are the witness of what is appearing...........the witness is still, never moving, never changing.
You just get to witness the appearance of life.......you are all seeing/ all knowing and always present.

Only when you realise/recognise your true condition will peace that surpasses all understanding unveil itself.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I get that the now realisation has changed your life but you're a bit like a broken record. Maybe you should reconsider your way of communicating the idea? Because mostly I'm getting it but you always make me want to make fun with you a little.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Peace is here when That which doesn't come and go is recognised.

This is the first comment on the youtube page:

Of all the videos I've watched this one was the one that finally got thru and became a reality finally seen.

Scott says it well....

If there is an identification with thought it is difficult to hear....but if there is just pure hearing it may be heard....something deeper will hear it.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I get that the now realisation has changed your life but you're a bit like a broken record. Maybe you should reconsider your way of communicating the idea? Because mostly I'm getting it but you always make me want to make fun with you a little.

How can I communicate it different?
There is only what is..............how can I say it better so you get it?
The idea that someone can change what 'actually is already' is crazy...don't you think?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Because mostly I'm getting it but you always make me want to make fun with you a little.

Are you sure that you want to get it?
There is a resistance to this message because the mind does not want to be dethroned.......the mind is time and fear.........watch it and see.
Have you watched and heard the videos?
I could fill pages and pages of this thread with different people sharing the message in different ways but they would all be the same message....it is the perennial philosophy.

The Perennial Philosophy is expressed most succinctly in the Sanskrit formula, tat tvam asi ('That thou art'); the Atman, or immanent eternal Self, is one with Brahman, the Absolute Principle of all existence; and the last end of every human being, is to discover the fact for himself, to find out who he really is.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Does your brain feel like it hardened over the years? I recently felt mine do this and it sucks cause it feels like a manifest of stress or negative energy in general.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
Does your brain feel like it hardened over the years? I recently felt mine do this and it sucks cause it feels like a manifest of stress or negative energy in general.

Don't look at the brain..............look at the feeling in the body.
Can the brain be felt?
Look now at what there really is......and stop buying into stories.

First comment on page:

After months of listening to Rupert Spira and Mooji, it is Scott's clear explanations that give me that big shift. My ego is still not totally dissolved, but my attachment to thoughts and suffering has lessened greatly in an instant.

Peace of mind does not mean thoughts stop..........it just means that there isn't anything conflicting with them as they arise...........then they subside.
Realise that you are simply the unconditional space that allows all that appears to appear.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join