It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning The War On Drugs? Colombian Cocaine Output Soars To Record Levels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Laws against drugs only make the drugs easier to get, more expensive, and way more dangerous than they would be otherwise.

The drug war is the perfect anti-solution for the drug problem. Which is probably what it was originally intended to be.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The only time I had insight into serious coke dealing there were several surveillance teams watching and sneering but never stopping the trade. The paranoia of the heavy users combined with their lack of awareness of the actual surveillance would have been laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

The only laugh I got out of it was when I completely lost my temper and set off at almost motorway speeds down a country lane, with the lad I was trying to get off coke sitting beside me frantically rolling a cigarette to calm me down. A surveillance team had obviously been told we'd left and to get ready to follow us. They'd been out of their car stretching their legs and were about to get back in when we roared past in a cloud of dust. Their mouths dropped open. We didn't get followed that day.

I deeply regret my dangerous driving and would like to make clear I was only involved in getting a lad out of a bad situation and not taking part in trade myself.

Trade must be run from the top of the organisations supposed to eradicate it. What else makes sense?

<< 1   >>

join