It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning The War On Drugs? Colombian Cocaine Output Soars To Record Levels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I remember when we had a big spray program to assist Colombia in their effort to eradicate the fields. That program was under (Iran Contra) Regan if my memory serves me even though the article says Clinton. Well evidently after all the money that has been spent on stopping the supply it ain't working..

Colombia is producing more coc aine now than it ever has, according to a new report by Bloomberg. The amount of land planted with coca shrubs is up 17% last year, rising to 171,000 hectares, which surpasses levels prior to US president Bill Clinton’s "Plan Colombia" counter-narcotics program.

Almost all of the world's coc aine comes from Colombia, Bolivia and Peru. Colombia produces more than half of the total coc aine in the world. Under Clinton’s plan, the aid provided to Colombia over the course of the last six decades was "stepped up dramatically". Colombia has repaid the world by cranking out record levels of coc aine - probably not the solution Clinton, or other advocates for aid-giving, were seeking.

Colombia's 171,000 hectares is enough raw material to produce 1,379 tons of coc aine, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. It’s also more than triple the output of five years ago.

www.zerohedge.com... aine-output-soars-record-levels

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Lol...you mean the supply chain directly into Big Pharma....lol...the criminal chain has been broken by Trump and Friends...the trillions being made by Big Pharma are gone now....the massive volume of illegal opiates being LAUNDERED by BIG PHARMA....is now going right into the global marketplace....Countries other than America will now be drowned in coke.

The so-called opiate shortage was a con-job....what really happened is Big Pharma couldn't keep up with their own demand the second their illegal supply chain was cut off....they could not cook the books anymore.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Lol...you mean the supply chain directly into Big Pharma....lol...the criminal chain has been broken by Trump and Friends...the trillions being made by Big Pharma are gone now....the massive volume of illegal opiates being LAUNDERED by BIG PHARMA....is now going right into the global marketplace....Countries other than America will now be drowned in coke.

The so-called opiate shortage was a con-job....what really happened is Big Pharma couldn't keep up with their own demand the second their illegal supply chain was cut off....they could not cook the books anymore.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There’s a simple reason why coc aine production soared. Something happen for Columbia that rarely happens in South America.

Peace broke out in 2016.

That tends to boost production .

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You realize coc aine is not an opiate and has practically no use in pharmaceuticals, right?
edit on 9/22/2018 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Another sign the trump economy is booming?

People can afford to get crunk.......

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: one4all

You realize coc aine is not an opiate and has practically no use in pharmaceuticals, right?

Seriously? You mean all this time I've heard about pharmacitcal grade coco has been a lie? The liquid version used to numb the nose?
www.medicinenet.com... aine_hydrochloride-topical/article.htm

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

I don't believe I said that. Yes, very, very small amounts of coc aine is used in pharmaceuticals. It's still not an opiate.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'd like to congratulate drugs for winning the war on drugs.
We all knew you could do it buddy
🌬

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wtf is wrong with the usa govt not dumping enough glyphosate monsanto wont be happy

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The Erythroxylum genus actually has some promising medicinal agents. Cocaine is like the black sheep, evil brother of the family lol. Cocaine increases hiv and hepatitis viral replication and weakens the immune system. Some of the other species that look similar to it are actually the opposite.

I'd say start growing those medicinal ones, especially in say, Venezuela, so they can start to diversify their economy.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I'd like to congratulate drugs for winning the war on drugs.
We all knew you could do it buddy
🌬

When the USA cant even win a war against a intimate object.

edit on 23-9-2018 by DIEGLOKE2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Need I say the CIA be criminals in action,
Co-caine crack-unpacking, high surveillance-tracking.
Prominent blacks and whites giving orders for mass slaughters.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The guy down the road selling a few joints gets raided by a multi-agency task force and SWAT team and, if he survives that encounter, will spend a lot of time behind bars.
The household name, global banks, when found to be knowingly laundering all the profits for the cartels, get a deferred prosecution agreement, admit no guilt, nobody even gets arrested and they simply agree to pay a fine totalling a fraction of the profits they have been making then proceed to look for ways to better hide their activities.....or hire more people in government to lessen the scrutiny!

The profits being laundered into the global banking system are enormous ($250Billion - $350Billion a year according to a report I read a few years ago), as are the funds being used to lobby government members to keep the pressure off. As long as these activities have government collusion at such high levels, it will remain a sham "war" and profit driven endeavour, where the arrests of the little guy are front and centre while the big players walk free and get to retire very comfortably on their drug / blood money.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DIEGLOKE2

When the USA cant even win a war against a intimate object.

Techinally that's not true, coca plants are animated, they sway in a gentle breeze making threatening gestures. But when the monsoon seasons comes they are whipped into a frenzy, dancing like madmen and praising the rain god.

These violent fanatics need to be stopped, the war is justified.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Maybe the CIA needs the extra money?

If you love organised gangs and political corruption support the war on drugs!!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The real stories these days are (as other posters mentioned) the opioid epidemic, courtesy of U.S. companies. And the methamphetamine epidemic, courtesy of China (which supplies precursors) and Mexico, which supplies industrial-sized labs. Think Gus Fring multiplied by hundreds, or thousands.

Not coincidentally, the Mexicans innovated the bootleg Fentanyl process. This is killing a lot of junkies now.

So in the scheme of things, Columbia's contribution is a small part of the problem, as far as total American mortality goes. Time to stop bashing Colombia and deal with the real problem: ourselves.

American is a nation of addicts -- to alcohol, tobacco, stimulants and painkillers. Addiction is what is killing our bodies and souls. Not some South American republic. If we don't face the demons that make us into addicts in the first place, no amount of war on drugs, drug addicts, drug dealers, or drug-producing countries will ever solve our problem. Only make it worse by creating a distraction.

In the nineteenth century it was the unregulated, massive production of distilled liquors. In the first half of the twentieth, it was unregulated marketing of tobacco. Now it is barely-regulated production of prescription opioids, and unregulateable, inexpensive means of producing and importing stimulants and synthetic opioids. Unless there is treatment of addiction, the cycle will continue as long as the "American Way" does.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
American citizens that have not already just need to embrace and regulate.

there things people are never going to stop doing no matter how many laws and punishments there are

people are not going to stop doing drugs. this includes caffeine, alcohol and nicotine.
people are not going to stop gambling
people are not going to stop having sex

its just not going to happen.

i say American citizens because its where i live and it sure seems like this country has some of the biggest hangups about these things.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

I think we might be ignoring the real victim here...the coca plants themselves.

Coca leaves are sold in local villages, infused to make 'herbal tea' that for dozens of generations has been used as a herbal remedy for common ailments. Sure it might have a placebo effect but these south American folk are not getting blazed, just practicing and age old tradition.

Just like the opium poppy-one day it's just a pretty flower, the next day it's basically legalized heroin prescribed by your doctor. It's the refining process by those who are willing to exploit it *cough cough 19th century coca-cola cough cough* that gives these plants a bad name.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

At least we won the Wars on Terror and Poverty.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join