It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is anyone taking these ridiculous accusations seriously???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Hmmm, curioser and curioser.

Did the alleged "perpetrator" go on to attack anyone else, in those 40 years?
edit on 22-9-2018 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IrishhafWell I am sorry that that happened to her, but at least family know about it. That's good.

I haven't heard anything about Mrs. Ford's family through all this.

And I PM'd you. Read it in the morning!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I never did claim that now did I?

You claim it’s false even before any due process has been done about it, pretty biased, wouldn’t you say? But hey, I’m the one hijackng the subject....!

And for the third time, if she’s lying, throw the book at her.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

And the republicans used it as a rallying cry against countless people....

This isn’t new or something associated with one political party..

Every right wing news source went all in on Juanita broadrick and still do...

With one side of their mouths they say believe everyone.. then with the other they say only believe those accusing the opposition.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Very similar..

Both were accused from decades ago..

Neither has any proof they have ever even been alone with the accused...

There is a reason it never went anywhere when the gop empeached clinton..

It is a ridiculous story.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Appearently not since there is a laundry list of republicans doing the same thing...

Speaking of which didn’t you personally go all in on those accusing democrats?? No matter how silly the accusations?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Yup..

Just like republicans did the same to empeach Clinton..

And did the same to al franken...

Plus James Gunn...

The list goes on and on.

This isn’t anything resembling a one way street and likely was started by republicans in the Clinton era.

THere is some major bipartisan hypocrisy here that won’t end until people stop playing ball.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

And republicans have repeatedly played the same game..

Trump more than anyone by bringing broadrick and co to the presidential debate..

Pretending like this isn’t bipartisan crust is the problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I agree with half of that.....

WE should be dismissing all these baseless claims.

The hypocrisy you mentioned is the problem...

Whataboutism is the problem

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Maybe because it is literally impossible to investigate a rape that didn’t happen at a drunken house party 30 years ago.

Saying it was an attempted rape is an insane stretch..

From Kavanagh’s pov he might have had no intention of raping her ....everyone was drunk. It isn’t hard to imagine a situation that wasn’t precived the same by all parties.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Is heavy.com even a real news source?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis06

Appearently not since there is a laundry list of republicans doing the same thing...

Speaking of which didn’t you personally go all in on those accusing democrats?? No matter how silly the accusations?

If you're going to accuse me, get your damned facts straight.

I even said Keith Ellison was innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

PREcisly as trump and every single elected republican , commentator and basically ever conservative ATSer did with Juanita broadrick during the election and to this day...

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I asked about broadrick not Ellison...

Weren’t you one of the people accusing clin OF rape??

I KNOW trtrump sure led the charge with what he had to know was false allegations.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis06

I asked about broadrick not Ellison...

Weren’t you one of the people accusing clin OF rape??

I KNOW trtrump sure led the charge with what he had to know was false allegations.

Of course Clinton is presumed innocent.

He's just a proven liar who cheated on his wife.

But Broadrick should be believed?

I thought you leftists were all about that.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: FredT

He is absolutely innocent until proven otherwise. But that's a legal definition not the court of public opinion.

Then why so sure her claim is bogus? Why not investigate? Thats the job of the Senate. To vett the candidate for a lifetime appointment. You CAN do a proper investigation and still get him on the bench so why the rush. I get that it needs to be done before the midterms but seriously.......

She had 36 years.

Why now?

Because that person that allegedly did that act has been nominated to the supreme court. Same as why the Clinton and Trump accusers didnt come out of the woodwork until they were heading to the white house.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Artemis06

It's funny...

The majority here that dismiss the allegations against Kavanaugh as lies, also believe pizzagate is real.

Oh and NXIVM, that is very real.

Weinstein, real too, they're all lefties so of course the right wingers think its real...until it's made against one of their own, and then the accuser is a "LOSE 80's girl" (sic).

Now maybe she is lying, and if she is, throw the book at her, but don't dismiss her while crying about pizzagate, you hypocritical brain dead idiots.

I remember a time when you were normal and had some sense. This is just sad.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

He is absolutely innocent until proven otherwise. But that's a legal definition not the court of public opinion.

Then why so sure her claim is bogus? Why not investigate? Thats the job of the Senate. To vett the candidate for a lifetime appointment. You CAN do a proper investigation and still get him on the bench so why the rush. I get that it needs to be done before the midterms but seriously.......

She had 36 years.

Why now?

Because that person that allegedly did that act has been nominated to the supreme court. Same as why the Clinton and Trump accusers didnt come out of the woodwork until they were heading to the white house.

So it's not about right or wrong or even justice, it's about stopping someone from obtaining a position.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I went to school with the likes of Kavanaugh and knew the Blasey family growing up. I'll tell you why I take it seriously -- as a guy, who played plenty of drinking games and had harmless sex-, drug- and alcohol-fueled escapades with other preppies in Ocean City, Rehoboth Beach, Bethesda, Potomac, Georgetown, and northern Virginia as a kid.

The reason is the guys who mistreated women then were, and still are, mostly a***le bullies from the time they were old enough to form a fist and swing it. I grew up dealing with their animalistic behavior and attitude so I know. Mr. Nice Guy like me never played their game. If it's the ladies who take down Kavanaugh et. al. now, then so much the better for me.

I'll get the same satisfaction seeing his head roll as if I did it myself, and with a lot less work and personal expense that it's costing Dr. Blasey-Ford.

Assaults like the one she reports were so common when I was in high school, it's true, nobody thought anything of it. All the more reason to report them now. It will keep sunomabioches like Kavanaugh and his dude-buddies from damaging our country, and debasing our culture any further.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

She had 36 years.

Why now?

So it's not about right or wrong or even justice, it's about stopping someone from obtaining a position.

Justice for the accusing victim's this far past the statute of limitations may be letting people know of the accused's past in an effort to prevent them from gaining even more power.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join