It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is anyone taking these ridiculous accusations seriously???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
SO if you all are CONVINCED that she is lying then why rush to nominate him. Better to clear his name no? Mich all but say "We will push him through" but a lifetime appointment should be held to the highest standards no?

And listen to some of you. She was a lose 80's girl...... Thats like saying that if a girl wears a bikini its cool to rape her cause she asked for it.

who is rushing?... the discussions have been done, the vote is over due...

if a committee was assigned and an FBI investigation setup for every single accusation - no matter how unlikely it is... then there'd be decades of backlog to get through.

The Democrats have created this situation with unethical and dubious claims from 30 odd years ago - with 0 proof.
The Democrats have tried to setup a kangaroo court by making unrealistic demands for the accusers testimony
The Democrats demanded a long and drawn out FBI investigation designed to waste as much time as possible
The Democrats want to delay the vote and suck up as much time as possible until the midterms.
The Democrats were significantly infiltrated by Chinese spies for decades and this could be interference from China

edit on 22/9/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Because now the Democrats are all looking for a variety of reasons to delay and/or stop the nomination.

How’s that even confusing for you guys?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
No worries! You have your hands full! Been there done that, somehow lived to get them out of the house. LOL

This whole thing just has me interested, as a female, as someone who was "assaulted" and yet as someone who took a different route, yet wants the truth.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
BREAKING:

Leland Keyser: Woman Denies Being at Party With Ford & Kavanaugh

heavy.com...

So now FOUR out of the FOUR people Ford names...directly contradict her.

Can we call that actual evidence she's lying or nuts?
Or is everybody lying but her?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

So, Republicans have never delayed a SC nomination?

How short a memory you must have, as it only happens 2 years ago.

edit on 22/9/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I think it's possible that something happened, but that she can't really remember the particulars.

I think now it's like the opening of Dragnet ... "The names have been changed to protect the innocent ..."

Only in this case, the names have been changed to convict the innocent for political purposes. I hope I'm wrong in that feeling because if that's what they've done, it does a lot of damage to women who've been victims.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

So, Republicans have never delayed a SC nomination?

this close to a mid term?
against a republican president who has had all efforts of impeachment thrown at him?
by democrats who have been exposed as trying to sabotage a president and his administration?

nope!...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Let me spin it for you:
Kavanaugh, or someone close to him, called everyone that was there that night, and told them what to say.

The Dems will be calling for his phone records, email ect.

Dragging this out even longer.

I really, really want to hear what she has to say now. Should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Midterms?

Pfft try full, proper election.

In a speech that August in Kentucky, McConnell would say: "One of my proudest moments was when I looked Barack Obama in the eye and I said, 'Mr. President, you will not fill the Supreme Court vacancy.' " McConnnell was not alone. The 11 Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee signed a letter saying they had no intention of consenting to any nominee from Obama. No proceedings of any kind were held on Garland's appointment.

www.npr.org...

Seems to be the American way..

For his part, McConnell argued that the Democrats had at least contemplated a similar tactic back in 1992, when Obama's vice president, Joe Biden, was chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and mused about urging President George H.W. Bush to withhold any nominees to the high court until the end of the "political season."
At the time, the Senate had just been through a bruising battle over the 1991 confirmation of Justice Clarence Thomas.

As it happened, no vacancy occurred in 1992. But McConnell and others referred to the "Biden rule" nonetheless in justifying the blockade of Garland.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is what P's me off the most, in this whole thing. It is completely wrong to try to smear someone this way.
But women who claim "Rape, Assault, Abuse" that doesn't happen? Or even claim that something happened way worse than what ACTUALLY happened?

They need to be B slapped. At the very least.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

So,

whataboutism?

You must really be running out of excuses.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Didn’t like when the republicans did that to garland

However this situation is worse because it does everything to delay a vote that was done with the garland situation

And it does two more heinous things

Smears a person for life as a possible sexual predator

And trivializes all real victims of sexual assault

Which is much worse

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Thanks he is our first, and a handful but so far so good healthy and active and engaged with his surroundings, and IF he keeps his current eye color little man will be a lady killer.

I want the truth as well, but the democrats have botched this pretty badly in my opinion.

My niece was assaulted 2 years ago and her mom decided not to pursue prosecution because of her daughters mental state at the time.

For me at least there are to many question marks, and to many bad stories out there confusing things (just from the left wing news groups) with her reluctance to testify, and trying to force him to defend himself from allegations he hasent even heard yet... just reinforces for me that this is purely political with no interest in justice and that is in my opinion a sickening new low by the DNC.

And I am starting to ramble sorry.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Didn’t like when the republicans did that to garland

yeah, to be fair i never knew of this but after reading articles it seems he got stiffed.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I’m not making any excuses.

I see that you conveniently missed the part where I said if she’s lying throw the book at her?

And it’s not about whataboutism, it’s quite clearly what politicians on both sides like to do.

Don’t get all pissy about one side doing it but not the other, that makes you a hypocrite.

edit on 22/9/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Artemis06

Man, you know...., long time ago when I was young, I did a lot of crazy stuff and I was a bad boy. Today I know everything will be ok if I just don't become a politician.

interesting you should say that/ years ago for a friend's wedding all the groomsmen and groom wore kilts. and of course we went commando. and also of course we all had a picture taken with us all hanging a moon. well all of us but one. and that one actually said he would not do it. because if he ever decided to become a politician that picture would be sure to somehow find it's way to the opposition and used against him as a "sex crime".

i have been in several arguments lately over this case solely because i refuse to take the word of an alleged victim, with no real proof and seemingly everyday yet more likely reasons that it could be completely false. over the word of someone who has been accused. not investigated by police in the over 30 years since the event supposedly took place. not proven guilty in a court of law. just proven guilty in the heavily biased media run court of public opinion. based solely on one person's word, and no evidence, forget the fact that she can't even seem to remember when or where it happened. yet can remember who was there and what exactly happened, including placements of things in a place she apparently can't remember where is. (and did she really claim that as a young teenager, in the 80's when cellphones were rare and worth thousands of dollars each, not to mention the expense of calls and calling plans. that she called her friend about it on her cellphone just after it happened?). and because i will not automatically believe an alleged victim (left leaning and democrat supporter by all accounts), over a man with no known history of any such complaints (who just happens to be supported and wanted by Republicans, and is considered right leaning). that i am evil. have no compassion. lack morals. lack empathy for victims of sexual assault. am a sexist. and they hope i have no wife or kids to harm because i would not even believe them if they said they were sexually assaulted or something. i have even been told i need to seek immediate mental health treatments to fix my obvious mental issue. they are seriously working to browbeat, shame and ostracize anyone who doesn't automatically believe their hero.

and yet it was rather recently that a politician Patrick Brown was accused by not one but two women for sexual misconduct. again no police investigation had ever been done, over crimes which had allegedly happened years before. and again of course no court hearing to find him guilty or innocent. yet again accusations made by left leaning supporters. yet again in a time frame that made for great possible political gain. in this case against the leader of the opposing party (the right leaning PC's), who just happened to be extremely far ahead in the polls for winning. timed so that the party had to scramble to pick a new party leader, and leaving the new candidate not enough time to form a real campaign, since the election was very close. since amid the exact same believers of unfounded accusations, also worked hard to browbeat and ostracize anyone who did not automatically believe the victim. again the same slamming of the candidate in the rather biased media run court of public opinion. the candidate felt it necessary to step down, so he would not loose what was a very important election for his party. and in the end the accusations were false.

it's actually rather pathetic that people are getting all up in arms over anyone not automatically believing alleged victims. in a time where false accusations (many of them proven false), of sexual misconduct have been weaponized. how many people who go against liberal ideas, groups and the like have been finding themselves accused of sexual crimes and misconduct? how many college/university students have been falsely accused of sexual misconduct? how many teachers have been falsely accused of sexual misconduct? how many politician have been accused of the same? how many co-workers, friends or relatives have been harmed by these types of false allegations? seriously it's getting to the point where males NEED to be very careful. don't like your grades? threaten your teacher with sexual abuse, or just accuse them. a co-worker has a better chance of a promotion? accuse them of sexual misconduct. don't like a politician? accuse them of sexual misconduct. don't like some guy just because? accuse them of sexual misconduct. and the worst part is, even when you are completely innocent. AND have proven said innocence in a court of law. your life is likely to still be completely destroyed, just because you have been accused, no proof needed. and people wonder why people who are capable of critical thought do not automatically believe a alleged victim?

seriously we are at the point where we need to deal with and fix this epidemic of sexual misconduct allegations. work places and schools need to be banned, by law from taking ANY action against someone who has been accused of sexual misconduct. only after a person is found guilty in a court of law (and even that does not mean they are actually guilty as we have seen), should any action whatsoever be taken against the accused. and in the case where the allegation is not proven true in a court of law. they then need to investigate, charge and take to court the one making the accusation. to face the terms (including being put on the sex offender list, like any other sexual predator), as the accused would be facing, plus extra time in jail.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Whats any that have to do with veracity of Ford and her claim being entirely bogus on facts known publicly at this moment (4 deny her story) and this naked attempt to derail a nominee based on uncorroborated hearsay from a very biased (public info on that) individual.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
BREAKING:

Leland Keyser: Woman Denies Being at Party With Ford & Kavanaugh

heavy.com...

So now FOUR out of the FOUR people Ford names...directly contradict her.

Can we call that actual evidence she's lying or nuts?
Or is everybody lying but her?

Check this out:

President Ronald Reagan's daughter, Patti Davis, alleges in an op-ed that she was raped some 40 years ago and didn't speak of it for decades, defending the woman who recently came forward accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault when they were teenagers.

They’ve found another woman who waited 40 years to come forward to justify “#WhyIDidntReported” and give Ford some credibility.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I’m not making any excuses.

I see that you conveniently missed the part where I said if she’s lying throw the book at her?

And it’s not about whataboutism, it’s quite clearly what politicians on both sides like to do.

Don’t get all pissy about one side doing it but not the other, that makes you a hypocrite.

Not pissed at all. I’m actually laughing at this situation.

It will backfire amazingly in the Democratic party once the investigation is done.

And don’t get me wrong. I believe she really suffered the trauma of an attempt rape. I just don’t believe Kavanaugh was the one who did it.

Just my 10 cents.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

And if you want to hang on that petard lets help you..............

At no time whatsoever can you claim Republicans dug up false claims at last minute to derail that nominee - you are comparing apples and oranges in attempt to hijack the subject matter at hand.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join