It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is anyone taking these ridiculous accusations seriously???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He is absolutely innocent until proven otherwise. But that's a legal definition not the court of public opinion.

Then why so sure her claim is bogus? Why not investigate? Thats the job of the Senate. To vett the candidate for a lifetime appointment. You CAN do a proper investigation and still get him on the bench so why the rush. I get that it needs to be done before the midterms but seriously.......

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

From what I remember, (of my teen years) it must be A LOT of alcohol. LOL

But in this instance, They didn't even get their clothes off, or really get anywhere, before they were distracted, which is why I was questioning the strength of their intent, if they really had that intent.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Artemis06

Kavanaugh used a machete and killed 479 billion people when he was 17 in 1587.

It was a Tuesday.

He shouldn't be a judge.

There.

Done.

Oh please who hasn't done that. If you want a reason to not confirm Kavanaugh, well he was in that Pauly Shore movie "Jury Duty". So ask yourself, is that movie ok for kids to role model from, is that how you want the Supreme Court ran? Pauly Shore.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hard to tell if people are kidding or not.

Never ANY excuse to rape or attempt rape. I don't care if she was drunk, passed out, or you roofied her.

If he did this he is unfit for the SCOTUS or any judgeship. Investigate and either dump him or move on to a nomination.

But if the GOP does not take this seriously, it could come back to bite them.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Another note. I keep hearing "what's your hurry" in this whole thing, but I could also ask, why the delay in testimony?? I mean, if it were me, I would want to get in there and testify immediately and get this going. Yet, we had a Senator sit on this story for 6 weeks, and an accuser who seems, at least at present, very sketchy about getting in there to do this in a timely manner.......

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

He is absolutely innocent until proven otherwise. But that's a legal definition not the court of public opinion.

Then why so sure her claim is bogus? Why not investigate? Thats the job of the Senate. To vett the candidate for a lifetime appointment. You CAN do a proper investigation and still get him on the bench so why the rush. I get that it needs to be done before the midterms but seriously.......

The rush seems to be that they want a full court when it comes back in session. What they can do is confirm him, and as others have said, impeach him (since that seems to be all the rage these days) if Ford can produce evidence to support her claim. Though one would think that if she had that evidence already she would have presented it by now.

***ADDED PIECE OF HISTORICAL NONSENSE TO MAKE YOU THINK***

What could happen is Trump could go the other way with all this, and reduce the size of the court back to 6 members (as outlined in the Judiciary act of 1789), or he could try and act like a Democrat and push for an updated Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937 (thanks FDR) Then he can just start packing the court with judges left AND right.
edit on 22-9-2018 by Guyfriday because: Prediction of the future

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

She had 36 years.

Why now?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Hard to tell if people are kidding or not.

Never ANY excuse to rape or attempt rape. I don't care if she was drunk, passed out, or you roofied her.

If he did this he is unfit for the SCOTUS or any judgeship. Investigate and either dump him or move on to a nomination.

But if the GOP does not take this seriously, it could come back to bite them.

Did the Dems take this seriously when they sat on it for two months?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

She had 36 years.

Why now?

this is a valid question. the guy has been a judge for some time. he isnt new on the scene, and only now, when it is a political powder keg SCOTUS position does this come out........sure does raise some eyebrows
edit on pm99201818America/Chicago22p09pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Was it rape, or even attempted rape?

I have heard it was two drunk kids groping, he tried to force himself, rape, literally every other article has a different description of what happened.

if she wont testify, which is what its starting to look like and actually get her story out there not just "anonymous" leaks by various people the default setting should be innocent until evidence is presented that something happened that could be prosecutable.

Also he has been vetted multiple times at no point in the past was it considered serious enough to do more than make note that an accusation with no evidence was made.

So why NOW, why is this time any different... he is moving from the 2nd highest court to the highest, if its wrong now it should have been wrong in the past.
edit on 22-9-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The majority here that dismiss the allegations against Kavanaugh as lies, also believe pizzagate is real.

"Got Proof ?"

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Also he has been vetted multiple times at no point in the past was it considered serious enough to do more than make note that an accusation with no evidence was made.

It was brought up before? That removes the "why wait 30+ years" argument against her.

I hadn't heard this before.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Another note. I keep hearing "what's your hurry" in this whole thing, but I could also ask, why the delay in testimony?? I mean, if it were me, I would want to get in there and testify immediately and get this going. Yet, we had a Senator sit on this story for 6 weeks, and an accuser who seems, at least at present, very sketchy about getting in there to do this in a timely manner.......

It's Called " Milking " , and it's Not a Cow .

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I am finishing up my first week with the minion (new Born) but seem to remember reading at some point the FBI said no to investigating this because it was not prosecutable for numerous reasons, and a blurb about the FBI was aware made note of it but didn't investigate further because of statue of limitations and no evidence or supporting witness.

But I am also at the end of a week with out a full nights sleep in there... so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I have been searching and searching, but all I can find is the FBI knowing about Ford, is due to her letter, nothing earlier than that. And they did just put it in his file.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

fair enough..

I will chalk it up to sleep deprivation running two separate stories together into one in my head.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Seems that sexual abuse is the "in" tactic for the out party right now and in past - Thomas/Hill which was unsuccessful.

I ask,

Has there been any civil suits in process or won against these politicians involving any kind of sexual assault,

Herman Cain
Roy Moore

Both the above the women seem to have ...........disappeared once mission accomplished.

and now Kavanaugh.

These politicians and Judges being dragged through public square based on innuendo, hearsay and suspect witnesses is nothing but political assassination of character by a party that has run out of sound ideas and rather has to sell made-up drama to get its way.

Its way is a very visible and naked attempt to delay a nomination to Supreme Court on a delusional belief they will regain Congress and prevent conservative constitution believing judges from being seated. In other-words we're throwing a hissy fit because we'll no longer be able to legislate generally unpalatable crap anymore from the bench and bypass the legislature - nor will we be able to contradict existing constitutional legislation.

Nutshell right there and what this is all about.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
sources claiming the "Letter" contains references to statues !!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

And, if he's innocent?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join