It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird new antennas at Facebook Campus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a couple of lo - res pics is not really a good basis for any analysis , but :

POSSIBLE reasons - include [ and are not limited to ] :

efficiency , reliability and durability tests of rival equipment designs // technologies

interference testing [ as above ]

any further thought - would require the specs of each unit and the configuration of the site

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The top antennas remind me of the receivers used in Teslas's wireless energy experiments (a'la Wardenclyff Tower). I'd love to have a fully tunable receiver out there to verify that...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It looks to me that those are directional antennas in your first pic. Because of their size, they are probably in the higher frequency spectrum. They are likely of shorter range and would be pointed to other antennas in line of sight at the same height around campus.

In that last pic, there are four long vertical antennas I estimate to be about 8 foot long. Those would be of a lower frequency than the rest, maybe omni directional and would likely have a longer range. Or they are using the light pole as a reflecting passive element for forward gain. If that is what they are doing, then each long antenna is pointing toward another directional antenna some where else, perhaps off campus.
edit on 22-9-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
A few of them are Point To Point Wifi Antennas.
www.ebay.com...

I have one of these on my RV and can tap a dennys at almost a mile. and have tapped other wifi systems at over 5 miles.
www.youtube.com...

I replaced my old RV fold able TV antenna with one of the point to point antennas and just have to reach up and turn the handle to swing the antenna till i find a unsecured unit. or a store with a open wifi system.
I also have one for use in motels where i am a long way from the office and they have there free Wifi power turned down.

Here are some other types of wifi antennas.
www.data-alliance.net...

edit on 23-9-2018 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Reminded me of Gunshot Sensors seen in New York city.
www.dailymail.co.uk... ml
Look at the sensors going up the light pole. With the exception of the dome on top.

Let me switch to laptop so I can upload the pics.. they're almost spot on.

Wait for edit:
"the devices are thought to help police respond more quickly and help authorities pin point the exact location of shootings after potential gunshot recordings are sent through the company's headquarters in California.

ShotSpotter says that its devices 'are specifically designed to be triggered by loud explosive or 'impuslive' sounds only.' Three microphones must be triggered to start an alert and triangulate a location."-de blasio

edit on 23-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My guess is extra 5G equipment , and there aren't any birds sitting on them .

Whenever this campus gets raised I always wonder why they had to call it 1 Hacker Way ? The road only goes in a loop around the central buildings anyway ?

By the look of the thick stem all enclosed type masts that have gone up in the last couple of years , those of type of antenna look relatively insecure in comparison . Then again I'm sure you Americans can pepper anything you want with holes should you have a will to do so .

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Could they be wi-fi devices to ensure everyone gets superfast broadband speeds at all times?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Never mind, everyone is saying 5G wifi here. Perhaps i was way over thinking it. Sure looked like gunshot sensors to me.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I should have read the thread first.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

No I think you're right. It very well may be 5G network. It is Silicone Valley, 5G is most likely. I was over thinking it considering that the YouTube campus had a shooting. And folks are not pleased with Facebook either at the moment.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I googled 5G because it's the first idea had. Nothing appeared in the first few hits so I went with the standard wi-fi.

It seems intuitive that FB would aim to have the best tech available and 5G or superfast 4G would be part of that. I can imagine them having that fat pipeline with GBs/per second being broadcast with superfast wi-fi.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

This make sense:

It seems intuitive that FB would aim to have the best tech available and 5G or superfast 4G would be part of that. I can imagine them having that fat pipeline with GBs/per second being broadcast with superfast wi-fi.

having a hard time finding a 5G match.

Plan To Install 50,000 Cell Towers In California Faces Opposition

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
WIFI FOUND!!???????
www.technologyreview.com...
old article from 2016

mystery solved????

The social network has built a small prototype wireless network on its campus in Menlo Park, California, that can serve data at speeds of over one gigabit per second—matching the speed of Google Fiber and nearly 100 times that of the average U.S. broadband connection. Facebook will start operating a larger-scale test network in downtown San Jose later this year, and similar trials will take place in other cities around the world.

“We’re going to be able to use this high-capacity urban Wi-Fi solution to bring more people online affordably,” said Jay Parikh, head of infrastructure and engineering at Facebook, at the company’s F8 conference today.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

....Maybe some sort of implementation of a radar-like system to account for every object static and moving???

-Driver

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Remote viewers and the astral plane is another to put on the maybe list.

Guns, knives, bullet proof vests is another another the definite list. How much ammo is good if they can tune it enough

top topics

<< 1   >>

join