It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay for Lap dances & drugs with food stamps in Ohio

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here is a little side story for y'all:
A few years back I had to take my wife to the Mayo Clinic in Florida. We get the hotel in Jacksonville and I run down to the ATM in the lobby to get some more cash.
Flashing on the screen is this message: "for fast cash now, insert your EBT card".
Fuming I went back to the room and told my wife what had transpired. We both very surprised.
A few days later we get back to SC and stop at a Sonic for a drink. They had just gotten the card readers. What do you think popped up on the screen? Yep, "We now accept EBT".
This is not right, there is no way to justify it.
If you need financial assistance from others it is ok. We all need a helping hand sometimes.
BUT! it should be for things YOU NEED and only those things. No cash for drugs and No fast food.
I hope the new system of brown boxes gets fast tracked.
If you need assistance, then the food is sent to you once a month. Dry beans, powdered milk, rice and canned goods.
quad

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

"...dry beans, powder milk, rice and canned goods."

Guess who's not getting invited to any of my BBQ's anytime soon?

*Beer emoji withheld

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I can't even imagine how that would work? Is there a convenience store attached to the strip club?

I don't know but here is my guess, the establishment charges some bogus charges on your card, like five pounds of bacon or something, and you get a $10 credit or something, or they charge you and give you dollar bills.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

seriously, I betcha its a sirloin and eggs kinda thing

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah yeah yeah my tax dollars are being abused. For every one person gaming the system there's 20,000 that are not.

Disabled people get food stamp elderly people get food stamps military personnel get food stamps.

I once saw a guy buy 15 lobsters with food stamps and he was getting into a Porsche when he left.
edit on 22-9-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is what happens when the gover ment solves problems

Stop solving problems through gover ment force

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Maybe if the government solved some problems we wouldn't need to feed Walmarts workforce.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Middleburg Hts here. Left in 1990 and never looked back. I found out, in the south, they don't have snow shovels. I stayed.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The food stamp program was never started to feed the poor but to support farmers and corporations. When they cut back on food stamps, at the same time, they increase subsidies to corporate farms to make up for the loss.

You do not end up paying less taxes, it just gets redistributed to cronies.

Before food stamps existed, the only aid you could get was surplus usda rice, beans, dry milk and so on. But lobbyists for corporations and farmers saw something they could benefit from and wanted in on the action.

Bring back usda surplus and kill the corporate subsidies.

daily.jstor.org...
edit on 23-9-2018 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yes, it is OK to buy snickers and energy drinks with EBT. Right? Probably not, but not against the rules.

Want to change that? Coolio. Good luck.

What should really be irritating people, is the uses to which the cash side of EBT is used for... Use your imagination. Lap dances and drugs are only a small portion of the problem there.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Or a late model Cadillac. I've seen that, as well.

There is no reason that the rules can not be tightened up, so as to allow the money to go to those who are truly in dire straits without it.

There is no denying that it's a worthy program, right there with WIC. But there's also no denying that something should be done to eliminate the fraud.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

It is the corporate lobbyists that is the problem.
Food Stamps and Obama Phones would never exist without them.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
Here is a little side story for y'all:
A few years back I had to take my wife to the Mayo Clinic in Florida. We get the hotel in Jacksonville and I run down to the ATM in the lobby to get some more cash.
Flashing on the screen is this message: "for fast cash now, insert your EBT card".
Fuming I went back to the room and told my wife what had transpired. We both very surprised.
A few days later we get back to SC and stop at a Sonic for a drink. They had just gotten the card readers. What do you think popped up on the screen? Yep, "We now accept EBT".
This is not right, there is no way to justify it.
If you need financial assistance from others it is ok. We all need a helping hand sometimes.
BUT! it should be for things YOU NEED and only those things. No cash for drugs and No fast food.
I hope the new system of brown boxes gets fast tracked.
If you need assistance, then the food is sent to you once a month. Dry beans, powdered milk, rice and canned goods.
quad

Yep.
The fast food industry wanted a cut of the action.

lompocrecord.com...

Fast food lobbies for food food stamps.

If special interests get their way, food stamps will soon be a common form of payment at Kentucky Fried Chicken, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, Burger King and other fast-food chains. The driving force behind this effort to convince Congress to allow food stamps at fast-food and restaurant chains is — surprise, surprise — the fast-food and restaurant chain industry.
edit on 23-9-2018 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This!

People think just because it should be a tightened up as you say, that it means anyone that challenges it is a cold hearted beast.

BTW anyone that figures a way to buy a cadillac with food stamps needs to be in real business and not street business.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You're a twat. If it has nutritional value posted, its fair game. What a judgemental prick you are. I hope you know someone you love hates spending the holidays with you.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You're a twat. If it has nutritional value posted, its fair game. What a judgemental prick you are. I hope you know someone you love hates spending the holidays with you.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

If you took 5 minutes to check you'd know that's a load of crap.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think they should be able to pay for strippers with food stamps.

I think it's a healthy part of any food pyramid.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Did you take a minute to fact check?

mydss.mo.gov...

"7 $4,024 $1,009"

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Check out Trumps new "Harvest Box" program that is going to replace "SNAP".
I think the only people who would be against this are corporations and people abusing the system, don't you?
Quad

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join