It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The public trial of the evil rapist Kavanaugh

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Really? Why are they sitting in jails and prisons then? What makes their liberty and freedom is disposable?

They haven't been convicted right? Just waiting for trial or a flight risk? What is this bs argument? Are you saying we shouldn't presume this guy is innocent because people are in jail waiting for a trial somewhere?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Even if there is a presumption of innocence, You have to admit there is enough happening to deny his placement to the highest court in the land. At least until he is vindicated. Moral integrity is the base of all justice. Unless you like the possibility that an alleged sex offender should be deciding whether other sexual predators be incarcerated or set free. Regardless of guilt his placement should be declined.

-ThoughtIsMadness

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ThoughtIsMadness

So allegations are enough to kill a career.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Are you saying we shouldn't presume this guy is innocent because people are in jail waiting for a trial somewhere?

I'm saying that you're demanding that a double standard for elitist, like Kavanaugh, be ignored. You're demanding he be "presumed innocent" and therefore confirmed to be a justice to the Supreme Court, a life time position to the highest court of the land, based on "innocent until proven guilty". While many "innocent" people languish in prison awaiting their day in court.

Kavanaugh is not facing any criminal action. This is a matter of fitness. So, your "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply here, and reeks of hypocrisy!

Kavanaugh's freedom isn't at stake. He isn't being tried for a crime. He's being examined for fitness as a justice to the Supreme Court. He fails, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

And she is speaking the truth until proven otherwise.

Er, no. Not in a civilised world.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Are you saying we shouldn't presume this guy is innocent because people are in jail waiting for a trial somewhere?

I'm saying that you're demanding that a double standard for elitist, like Kavanaugh, be ignored. You're demanding he be "presumed innocent" and therefore confirmed to be a justice to the Supreme Court, a life time position to the highest court of the land, based on "innocent until proven guilty". While many "innocent" people languish in prison awaiting their day in court.

Kavanaugh is not facing any criminal action. This is a matter of fitness. So, your "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply here, and reeks of hypocrisy!

Kavanaugh's freedom isn't at stake. He isn't being tried for a crime. He's being examined for fitness as a justice to the Supreme Court. He fails, in my opinion.

So, because he isn't being charged with a crime we should assume he is guilty? Are you freaking serious right now?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So you think she actually has a case to press charges for sexual assault? Are we ever gonna know anything about what happened if anything from the 80s?

If people would just admit they want to character smear him til the midterms id be far more accepting. But right now we live in crazy circus town where we believe a life long Democrat resister who claims a republican judge assaulted her in the 80s. Sure let's hear what she has to say but...

Seriously who you trying to fool?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ThoughtIsMadness

So allegations are enough to kill a career.

Apparantly. But not for Keith Ellison though......am I rite?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Malcador

and she was behind the 9/11 attacks! baaaaad women!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Definition of not credible.
But we should assume otherwise?

I do not understand how some people's logic receptors function.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness

Even if there is a presumption of innocence, You have to admit there is enough happening to deny his placement to the highest court in the land. At least until he is vindicated. Moral integrity is the base of all justice. Unless you like the possibility that an alleged sex offender should be deciding whether other sexual predators be incarcerated or set free. Regardless of guilt his placement should be declined.

-ThoughtIsMadness

So the next time a Democrat has a chance the Republicans should find some random person to make some random story decades old to smear their character? How is either side supposed to be vindicated? Its not going to trial

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No. I'm saying that this whole "presumed innocent" nonsense is deflection. Because, Kavanaugh isn't being tried for a crime and his freedom isn't on the line. He's being examined and securitized for his fitness, as he should be. No stone should be unturned when it come to a life time Supreme Court position.

edit on 22-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

So, you think she's making this whole thing up to derail a Trump nomination?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness

-ThoughtIsMadness

Why don't we hold that same standards to the scumbags in Congress who write the laws then?

Screw that nonsense of denying his placement! That is what the Progs have been wearing on their sleeves since he was selected. Hell, they were protesting whomever Trump selected with signs that had a blank for the name! Bet money if it was some other judge Trump picked the same damn #METOO card would have been played.

Remember #RESIST???? Kind of hard to play the moral high ground when you telegraph your intentions from the git go don't ya think?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'm saying I don't know anything and no way of ever knowing anything because it's her words over his.

She has no witnesses no evidence and a motive to make her accusation. Why should I believe her?

edit on 22-9-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No. I'm saying that this whole "presumed innocent" nonsense is deflection. Because, Kavanaugh isn't being tried for a crime and his freedom isn't on the line. He's being examined and securitized for his fitness, as he should be. No stone should be unturned when it come to a life time Supreme Court position.

Presumed innocent is the basis for law and order in the USA.
You are allowing your own beliefs to outweigh the laws of this country.

If you think laws should change, be that change. Lead the charge.
Until that point your feelings do not dictate how the legislating body acts.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I'm saying I don't know anything and no way of ever knowing anything because it's her words over his.

She has no witnesses no evidence and a motive to make her accusation. Why should I believe her?

And, that's why we should put our collective hands over her mouth and ram rod Kavanaugh's confirmation through?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

How is it ram rodding if the vote was happening 5 or so days before her accusation? Sounds like it was on Schedule ready to go and not rushed.

I'm not against hearing what she has to say and maybe it will work out for you and the smear tactic will work to flip some votes or even delay til after the midterms.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Kavanaugh's freedom isn't at stake. The court system, which Kavanaugh want to head up as a Supreme Court Justice, determines the constitutionality of revoking freedom based on crimes and the accusation of crimes.

You're conflating the Criminal Justice System with a hearing to determine the fitness of an individual to serve a life time appointment to the highest court of the land.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Kavanaugh's freedom isn't at stake. The court system, which Kavanaugh want to head up as a Supreme Court Justice, determines the constitutionality of revoking freedom based on crimes and the accusation of crimes.

You're conflating the Criminal Justice System with a hearing to determine the fitness of an individual to serve a life time appointment to the highest court of the land.

Just to quote it again:
"You're conflating the Criminal Justice System with a hearing to determine the fitness of an individual to serve a life time appointment to the highest court of the land."

Yes I am conflating the Criminal Justice System, for someone about to be confirmed to the highest authority of the Criminal Justice System.

Should we forget what this is about and just go by feelings?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join