It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the GOP Caould Win Hands-down in November

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've expounded on this particular subject in the past. While the politicians kick-up all manner of dust about things they can't or won't actually change, there is one utterly achievable goal that if brought to a successful end, would almost certainly garner them nearly universal support: ending, once and for all, the onslaught of bogus telemarketing calls.

This is something everyone would get behind. I don't know about you but I personally get no less than 10-15/day between my home and cellphone. The vast majority of these 'spoof' the incoming phone number (I've even gotten calls allegedly from my own number). This practice is, or most certainly should be, considered identity theft. Forget the Do Not Call violations. That law has the teeth of an earthworm. These callers are using the large TeleComs to make their calls (the ones that make huge political donations). So much has been said about how ISP's should be held responsible for content being served by their users. What about the TeleComs?

Technologically this could be stopped. But they choose to not stop it. I recounted on ATS some time ago that I contacted my State Rep about the situation and within several days the calls stopped --- cold. I talked about it here and within a matter of hours got one single call (warning me?). The calls were gone for a matter of weeks and then slowly started up again.

So here's an issue that affects everyone. Is solvable. And represents political low-hanging-fruit. But clearly TPTB are making bank on this or it would be gone. Rant over...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What this got to do with the GOP? And personally....i would just like someone who puts country above personal gain. You know..a statesman. Or is that xenophobic?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

What's this got to do with the GOP? They currently control the government. Congress and the Presidency. They're the only ones who CAN do anything cause if the Dems tried they'd block any attempt. So again, they are the only ones who could. Simple enough?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
They do not control the government. That is rather myopic. Dems and Repubs are one in the same. And are we talking local or national? Big diff.

a reply to: jtma508

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I advise they spell check the titles of their articles.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I recently had the IRS scammer call. When I called this guy out, he called me a smelly #$&@ and some other nonesense. I asked him to send Bob's and Virginia. He never called back. I also threatened the actual IRS on him.

I was also curious how the Telemark douche nozzles were always calling with my same area code and same first 3 digits of my phone. Spoof. I get it now.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

no. The government cannot tell businesses how to advertise or how to obtain new customers. Using the phone is not illegal.
You can however opt out. Just answer the call and tell them. Or just dont answer but they will keep calling.
This is not in the governments control. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

I got one of those calls last year or the year before that. I cant remember. I played along with the guy for like five minutes then told him to suck eggs.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The government doesn't get to tell people who they can call and who they cant call on a legal paid for phone line.
Your only recourse is telling them to remove you from their list or not answering the phone which will result in them calling again and again. Uncle Sam cannot help you.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There is a bigger nuclear bomb policy that would even have many Democrats voting for the GOP in volume, that is the descheduling of Marijuana from the DEA controlled substances list of narcotics.

If Trump has the balls to just say "# you DEA, you been torturing and separating families for decades over this beneficial medical plant that is significantly less adverse to your personal health and well being than legal Tobacco, Alcohol, and prescription pain medicine. It is time to liberate America from your tyranny!"

Ha, yes I sometimes day dream about POTUS making a fiery speech like that or some other thing. And then I jump into his arms and he carries me away into the sunset hazed by a cloud of smoke on the horizon generated by the collective toking of millions...

a girl can dream right?
edit on 9-22-2018 by worldstarcountry because: lol, wrong alphabet agency

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The government doesn't get to tell people who they can call and who they cant call on a legal paid for phone line.
Your only recourse is telling them to remove you from their list or not answering the phone which will result in them calling again and again. Uncle Sam cannot help you.

National Do Not Call Registry

💥.😃gov💥

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

no. The government cannot tell businesses how to advertise or how to obtain new customers. Using the phone is not illegal.
You can however opt out. Just answer the call and tell them. Or just dont answer but they will keep calling.
This is not in the governments control. Sorry.

No but you do understand the OP's point, right? When they spoof phone numbers, they are commiting a crime. They are impersonating someone they are not. They are using another identity to gain access to you and your information. You can block them all you want, they will always find another way. I agree with the OP. Tell me, how do you feel about Net Neutrality?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

How the GOP Caould Win Hands-down in November

Who believes they are not going to ?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

💥.😃gov💥

Yup. Did it back in 2012. Just verified. The list is a joke. But thanks for the link. I was at least able to verify the date I registered.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
There is a bigger nuclear bomb policy that would even have many Democrats voting for the GOP in volume, that is the descheduling of Marijuana from the DEA controlled substances list of narcotics.

If Trump has the balls to just say "# you DEA, you been torturing and separating families for decades over this beneficial medical plant that is significantly less adverse to your personal health and well being than legal Tobacco, Alcohol, and prescription pain medicine. It is time to liberate America from your tyranny!"

Ha, yes I sometimes day dream about POTUS making a fiery speech like that or some other thing. And then I jump into his arms and he carries me away into the sunset hazed by a cloud of smoke on the horizon generated by the collective toking of millions...

a girl can dream right?

Yeah, that is what I thought this thread was going to be about to begin with.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

💥.😃gov💥

Awww , you ran em off with one link

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I hope to God this is sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
could probably rename the forum to, "Fox News"

top topics

join