It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't believe what the MSM is telling you about poles and a blue wave.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How well did obama do in respect t his first midterm?

According to that article....

Former President Obama also had lower overall approval numbers — 44 percent compared to President Trump’s 50 percent; as well as higher disapproval numbers — 55 percent compared to Trump’s 49 percent.

Obama’s party, just five weeks later, suffered devastating and record-setting losses in Congress in the 2010 midterm election. Democrats lost 63 seats in the House and 6 in the Senate.

All of this talk about approval numbers also assumes that approval translates into willingness to vote for the candidate or their party. It doesn't. There's plenty of people who aren't particularly fond of Trump and voted for him anyway. Their opinion of him will have little impact on who those folks will vote for in the midterms.

I dont think so.

I believe Trump has aligned a lot of folks and people actually like his alignment.

The majority of the country doesnt sit around like we at ATS do, and research what is going on with politics all the time.

Trump has been out doing rallies and working for the people and it is almost an odd "grass roots" type of campaigning. His rallies are packed.

I'd bet we will see the GOP hold across the board and gain some.....

I wasn't necessarily predicting who would gain seats.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Aallanon

We wont have long to wait now....I can tell you I am 47, and voting in my first mid term, and as a Dem! May the least corrupt party win. That would be Democrats. Since the mid 1900s, Republicans have more than 10xs the amount of, indictments, Guilty pleas, and prison time than Dems. Look it up, its very easy to verify, what I am saying. I have posted it on ATS a few times.

I'm voting independent or some 3rd party wherever applicable. Voting for lesser evil or lesser criminals just doesn't sit well with me.

But you are correct in what you said, Republicans do engage in way more crime than Democrats. That does not make the Democrats clean -- far from it. They could be just better at getting away with it.

Anyways, I had to look this up:

Democratic presidencies dating back to 1970 have produced exactly one criminal conviction from investigations into the administration. Republican presidencies have had a total of 91.

It is worth taking a second to let that sink in: three Democratic presidents. Six Republican presidents. Ninety-one convictions to one.

If you look at criminal indictments, not just convictions, its not a prettier picture: GOP Presidencies had 124 criminal indictments. Democrats had 3. This data comes from a table helpfully shared by PBS.

Yes, you read it correctly: Democrats have less total indictments since 1970 than Donald Trump does since taking office this year. And less convictions: 2-1.

Prison sentences? Also no help: 14 for GOP Presidencies, one for Democratic ones.

That's an enormous discrepancy. Either the Republican mentality leads to more crime, or the Democrats are the real overlords and always get away with it.

I don't claim to have proof of either, just shocked at the numbers.

edit on 22-9-2018 by Kharron because: typo

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

(post by rollanotherone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: kurthall

We wont have long to wait now....I can tell you I am 47, and voting in my first mid term, and as a Dem! May the least corrupt party win. That would be Democrats. Since the mid 1900s, Republicans have more than 10xs the amount of, indictments, Guilty pleas, and prison time than Dems. Look it up, its very easy to verify, what I am saying. I have posted it on ATS a few times.

I'm voting independent or some 3rd party wherever applicable. Voting for lesser evil or lesser criminals just doesn't sit well with me.

But you are correct in what you said, Republicans do engage in way more crime than Democrats. That does not make the Democrats clean -- far from it. They could be just better at getting away with it.

Anyways, I had to look this up:

Democratic presidencies dating back to 1970 have produced exactly one criminal conviction from investigations into the administration. Republican presidencies have had a total of 91.

It is worth taking a second to let that sink in: three Democratic presidents. Six Republican presidents. Ninety-one convictions to one.

If you look at criminal indictments, not just convictions, its not a prettier picture: GOP Presidencies had 124 criminal indictments. Democrats had 3. This data comes from a table helpfully shared by PBS.

Yes, you read it correctly: Democrats have less total indictments since 1970 than Donald Trump does since taking office this year. And less convictions: 2-1.

Prison sentences? Also no help: 14 for GOP Presidencies, one for Democratic ones.

That's an enormous discrepancy. Either the Republican mentality leads to more crime, or the Democrats are the real overlords and always get away with it.

I don't claim to have proof of either, just shocked at the numbers.

how long has the FBI and others been sucking the democratic tit? Might be a large story there.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverRocket

No that is not the reason she was considered to be the winner. She was the outstanding candidate. she had everything he had nothing. But Russia. and Facebook. and Fake news and Fake advertising and Memes. and James Comey and the FBI and THAT is why trump is president now.
If it was actually based on merit...
edit on 9232018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xxspockyxx

its called reality...

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Russians under the beds, Russians in the closet, Russians at the meetings and on the phones and through secret back channels. Come on man.... no one is that blind...

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

I doubt she will run again.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

He lost seats. Just like it always happens.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Minds were changed. The minds behind the votes... You know how advertising works.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That was before... when they didnt know what kind of job he would do. Of course they shouldnt have been surprised but they were. Those same people will not vote for him again. The past two years has pretty much assured that. His base which is housed right here on ATS is of course unaffected and is no indication of how the rest of the country will vote.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

No. You should watch the real news. He is not popular and people do not think he is doing a good job Most believe he is bumbling his way through. Including his cabinet and closest associates. Come on...No one thinks hes doing a good job. The rest of the party only want their agenda placed. They will stand behind him just to get that done while talking about how stupid he is behind his back.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: face23785

That was before... when they didnt know what kind of job he would do. Of course they shouldnt have been surprised but they were. Those same people will not vote for him again. The past two years has pretty much assured that. His base which is housed right here on ATS is of course unaffected and is no indication of how the rest of the country will vote.

Wishful thinking with no basis in reality. Most of the people who voted for Trump even though they didn't like him did so because the alternative (Hillary Clinton) turned their stomach. The Democrats are looking to put up an even more unpalatable candidate in 2020. Most of us will hold our nose and vote for him again. I realize you won't believe this because you haven't been told to think this, but this is reality. It's very simple and easy to understand. We will vote for someone like Trump because the Democrats will run someone even more ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
These people must know by now how the polls are absolutely laughable yet they still wind themselves up like children on a hype train

This is mental illness

This is the leftards

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This headline on FoxNews blew me away this morning.

FoxNews Poll: More believe the ACCUSER than Believe Kavanaugh.

www.foxnews.com...

America is going mad! Maybe we need to be a communist country with tight controls.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This headline on FoxNews blew me away this morning.

FoxNews Poll: More believe the ACCUSER than Believe Kavanaugh.

www.foxnews.com...

America is going mad! Maybe we need to be a communist country with tight controls.

I have zero confidence in that poll. I literally know one person that believes Ford, and I don't even really know her, she's just someone my brother went to school with that I'm Facebook friends with because she posts cool animal pictures. Every woman I know believes Kavanaugh. They must have took that poll exclusively in California or something.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
general rule of thumb.

Whatever the mainstream media says, the opposite is usually the truth.

Anything on the TV should be considered fictional entertainment only.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No. You should watch the real news. He is not popular and people do not think he is doing a good job Most believe he is bumbling his way through. Including his cabinet and closest associates. Come on...No one thinks hes doing a good job. The rest of the party only want their agenda placed. They will stand behind him just to get that done while talking about how stupid he is behind his back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join