It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't believe what the MSM is telling you about poles and a blue wave.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'll just say look what happened in 2016. This is their playbook. Make it seem inevitable that the dems will take the house and senate in order to discourage republican turnout.

Here is one example of how wrong they are,

What Blue Wave? Dems Losing Ground In Miami Congressional Race

The latest polls have Republican nominee Maria Salazar leading by 9 points. This is despite the fact that Shalala has outraised and outspent Salazar $2,000,000 to $600,000. McLatchy DC reports:

“Democrats believe the race is tied and that Trump’s rampant unpopularity in the district will ultimately tilt the scales to Shalala,” Wasserman wrote. “But Democrats are now on the verge of frittering away what was once considered their easiest pickup of the cycle.” He cited a bad candidate match up, noting that Shalala, 77, would be the second-oldest House freshman in history and is seeking to represent an overwhelmingly Hispanic district, despite not speaking Spanish.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

and lets not forget what happened in Texas,

Texas Seat Held By Democrats For Seven Generations Flips To Underdog Republican

www.redstate.com...

Stay true to your principles and don't fall for the scam.

Vote!
edit on 22-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I like polls, find it widely interesting.

Now I know they are not 100% full proof but there is the common misconception that they were totally wrong back in 2016 and this in itself is incorrect.

Most polls in the run up to the election had Hillary with a clear lead however the closer we go to election day those polls started to shift to a almost 50/50 split. Some showed Hillary with a 6 points lead while others saw Trump with a few points ahead of Clinton. Now if you look at how the popular vote went down then actually these polls where actually fairly accurate Link

Now that is not to say that we can be 100% reliant on the polls for the mid-terms, they are more of a best guess rather than a definitive prediction of the eventual outcome of the election. However it would be unwise to dismiss them as they are at times very accurate. I personally think that with the upcoming midterms it might be harder to predict because I think there is a degree of uncertainty about everything with this current administration so I do take all polling data with a huge sack of salt but I wouldn't dismiss them outright just because you don't like what they are saying.

If they were showing a massive "Red-wave" you would probably be singing a different tune. So lets just wait and see what happens.

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I don't know what is going to happen.

What I do know is that the media is biased towards the leftist agenda.

That is an undisputed fact. It's not a biased, filtered "truth" or conjecture.

And right now, the MSM is panicking, their shrill bleating is echoing to the pundits and loyal obeyers even on conspiracy sites.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm not criticizing the poles only the reporting of them.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

I'm not criticizing the poles only the reporting of them.

They are always going to be reported with a political spin.

The best thing to do is to go and look at the actual data for yourself and take it from there.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Isn’t that what my original post was about?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So I use the attempted math angle of attack in my work........elliott wave theory fact

We can rely on the idea of polling before an election......someone has to do the poll......or what, three main pollsters in the msm....don't tell me.....it's just two.......

My mind is purposely not made up on the last few elections.......till the last minute......a trend in the seniors sector, I wonder......im old im a hundred years old.....no, ninety....ninety yeah....
edit on 22-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: In the FINE TEXAS TRADITION!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

We wont have long to wait now....I can tell you I am 47, and voting in my first mid term, and as a Dem! May the least corrupt party win. That would be Democrats. Since the mid 1900s, Republicans have more than 10xs the amount of, indictments, Guilty pleas, and prison time than Dems. Look it up, its very easy to verify, what I am saying. I have posted it on ATS a few times.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Would that be the Norh, or South pole?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The reason I believe in the blue wave has nothing to do with polls. I don't read the polls.

It's because of all the people I see here in the deep red south where I live switching to dems.

Plus a lot of my republican friends who have said they wont vote at all in november because they think it wont mater.

I run in circles that comprise both dem and repub. The dems are way more excited about going out to vote in november.

Even if they don't win back the congress I know that at least , my used to be majority red area, has defiantly changed to more blue.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The poles of Earth really don't change that often. This would be a surprise.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I’ll be sure to ignore all poles the msm pushes. Smh, rotflmao.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think it's a forgone conclusion, President Trump will clean house. Blue wave ? Yes ..... we will wave goodbye to them..

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That sounds racist. Poles are good people. Work hard....a reply to: soundguy

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I’m voting blue all the way baby!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So the Democrats will not pole vault to the top. Time will tell.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I hear that there's an area of Texas that just voted majority Republican, for the first time in 135 years.. and it's mostly a Black and Hispanic district!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I’m voting blue all the way baby!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You holding your breath eh. Thats an interestiing political stance.
a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What i find interesting is what is done to prevent voting fraud.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join