It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Drafts Order To Look Into Google, Facebook Practices

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: projectvxn

I 100% agree with this. Today, it is used to shape opinion, influence elections. As it develops, it will become far more deeply embedded into our lives.

For example, I've often said I don't think children in the single digit age range should be taught about homosexuals and trans people in school. Children under 10 have no business thinking about sex at all and should just be kids without wondering if they are going to turn into the opposite sex or whatever. Why scare them? I don't want them to explore alternate lifestyles at that age.

People on the other side feel deeply that it is of vital importance this be taught. What if they have a classmate with 2 daddies?

Social media sees my viewpoint as hate speech. Someday they will search back, see I have said this and who know? It could keep me off the supreme court or maybe I'll just lose the job I do have.

A little off topic, I'm just curious: how do you feel about children under the age of 10 sitting in the pits listening to Mr pastor teach that they're guilty for being born and that they will go to hell if they dont feel bad about it?

So, let me get this straight, 90% of people are influenced by google or facebook, but not you right?

In other words, you feel like since 90% the people don't agree with you, you need the government to intervene?

Curious, did you vote for Trump?

Really you think this is what Christians are teaching ? I don't agree with some of the doctrines they are preaching but I don't think that's one one of them. I am however very concerned that google and Facebook are seriously censoring political commentary they don't agree with. Especially after viewing the video of the folks over there at their employee meeting where they overwhelmingly force liberal opinions in their meetings.
Liberals made laws preventing Christians from giving opinions in Church but they have no problem with forcing their own opinions on employees.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

"A little off topic, I'm just curious: how do you feel about children under the age of 10 sitting in the pits listening to Mr pastor teach that they're guilty for being born and that they will go to hell if they dont feel bad about it?"

I think I figured out what you're saying here. You believe that no matter what else might be due to genetics or environment, a person's sexual preference is 100% genetic and determined at birth. They are just born that way.

My answer to that would be if a child is worried about sex before they hit puberty it can only be the result of some type of abuse. Young children have no cause or reason to think about sex. Maybe they wonder about gender - why boys are different to girls but are basically asexual until puberty no matter what they are born as.

If this isn't the case. It is not normal. I recommend counseling, the child is a victim. I do not think their unfortunate state should be dealt with in the manner you describe. I hope you don't don't believe I would do that to a child.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
There are plenty of alternatives to Amazon and Google. Just because they are the largest companies in their field doesn't make them monopolies. If he's going after these two companies why not also target companies like Walmart? Oh that's right. The Waltons are staunch Republicans that support Trump.

This is a clear attack on the free market by a petty man. I don't see how any true Conservatives can support this move.

Where does it say anything about Amazon? And in what way is Walmart stifling free speech?

<< 3  4  5   >>

join