It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Drafts Order To Look Into Google, Facebook Practices

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Communism work great on a scale of five people. Brand it, scale it up to hundreds of millions or people and make it the 'single party', increasingly mandatory, then not so much. It becomes increasingly predatory; starts targeting all who oppose it, gets so monolithic that even thousands against it become a drop in a bucket like as if only "a small crowd gathered around (3-5 people)" gathered on a street corner where passerbys are too busy looking down at their phones to even notice them. Notice them before the jackboot goon squad shows up to gulag their asses.

You might have protested when the anti-robber barron laws and regulations went into place. In hindsight anyways. Read up on the practices of the late 1800's robber barrons, the work conditions in their factories et al. MaBell was broke up for being over-arching, and they werent half as entrenched nor overtly diabolical as Google etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Or as I said, a PSA of what they are doing is not a problem to point out what isn’t obvious. But forcing a Fairness Doctrine as I said in an earlier post, pretty much means Rush Limbaugh is left with reading the dictionary on air. Thus put out of business quickly all because Liberal Talk Radio doesn’t have a market comparatively.

When only Rush Limbaugh, and his ilk, are allowed on the air then we have a problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

When Google triggers a war that kill half a million people, and they're embedded in 'all' our phones, etc, and half the public worships them because they spout their ideology, and the rest are too dumbed down to even realize, then we just change the channel and all is forgiven, right?

Someone do a big OP screaming that MaBell should have been allowed to persist, that the 1996 Telecommunications Act was the right way forward, that psychopathic multinational corporations should have the same rights as human beings, as citizens......PLEASE. Pretty please with sugar on top.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nonsense.

Put aside your partisanship for one moment.
Discrimination based on political or social thought is even more dangerous than discrimination based on race, gender, religion and sexuality.
We're at a point where digital payment processors are banning people. It is absolutely time to act.
How far do you want to take your private company argument??? How about food? Can we ban someone from buying food? How about ban someone from working in the private sector?

The private company argument is a nonsense when it is used in extreme circumstances. We're at that extreme point now.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This isn't just about conservatives.

What's coming is social credit scores that will affect your life and if you don't subscribe to the prevailing opinion you get cut out.

I never thought I would be standing up for the likes of infowars and Alex Jones, but here we are. What is happening in this country with regard to social media and internet payments processors like Paypal is nothing short of CORPORATE FASCISM.

But I suppose it's ok since this # is only happening to conservatives right? Isn't that right liberals? Fascism and corporate overreach is just fine if they are attacking people you don't like right?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: MteWamp

Trump is using "media bias" and "fake news" as a shield against criticism leveled toward him , it's also something he's using to rally his followers behind him , a weak leader needs an enemy or two to hide his frailties.

The news media is negative against Trump because he's a negative President , he feeds them what they need ,the truth is more fake news comes from him than the media he complains about.

Sorry , no bullet-points.

Very well. I'll just number them. Bullet points aren't necessary.

1. Explain to me, first of all, if I may ask, why you refer to People who see things as they are, and not how you wish they were, as "Followers"? Do you refer to any Americans that supported Jack Kennedy as "Followers"? Did you refer to Americans who supported Ronald Reagan as "Followers"?

No. Why? Because "Followers" has negative connotations. Vladimir Lenin had "Followers". Benito Mussolini had "Followers". Adolph Hitler had "Followers". Jim Jones had "followers". David Koresh had "Followers".

CHARLES MANSON had FOLLOWERS.

You (not personally, brother, I mean Leftists, that buy the manure that the MSM sells) realize that when you are referring to "followers", you are referring to anyone who supports their PRESIDENT. MY PRESIDENT.

Yet you insist, and I have to assume that you aren't using the word "Followers" because you are too uninformed to know WHY you are using it, because honestly, I don't think that's the case. You're not stupid, right? Of course not.

So I have to assume that you are using that tern SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE it has negative connotations. Is my assumption incorrect?

I'll cover the rest next post, but I would ask again, for GODS SAKE, PLEASE BE SPECIFIC.

"HE'S a NEGATIVE PRESIDENT". Tell me, if you would, what it is about that phrase that's SPECIFIC?

You know the definition of the word, yes?

SPECIFIC. It's in the dictionary under "S".

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Odd that people are utterly repulsed by truth. Truth is an opinion based on facts. Something can be true, a provable fact, but not the truth. Truth is belief.

Most people like pork sausage patties. Most people would not eat chicken sausage pattiies. Both of those statements are truths. McDonalds sausage McMuffins are made with chicken (true). Truth is that they sell a whole lot of them every day.
edit on 22-9-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

"What's coming is social credit scores that will affect your life and if you don't subscribe to the prevailing opinion you get cut out."

I thought there was something in the news lately about the Chinese developing a system like this. Reminds me of an episode of Black Mirror. Don't know if Google helped develop it. God, I hope not. We don't need that.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

So I have to assume that you are using that tern SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE it has negative connotations. Is my assumption incorrect?

Yes your assumption is incorrect, I use the word followers as a descriptive word not an insult.
I was a follower of Tony Blair before his election because I believed his message , I believed he would be good for the country and repair the damage years of Tory rule had brought to the common man , his actions taught me how misguided it is to put faith in the word of political leaders .

edit on 22-9-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

When Google triggers a war that kill half a million people, and they're embedded in 'all' our phones, etc, and half the public worships them because they spout their ideology, and the rest are too dumbed down to even realize, then we just change the channel and all is forgiven, right?

This....is where I point out that you are being a drama queen.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Do specify the over exaggeration.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Odd that people are utterly repulsed by truth. Truth is an opinion biased on facts. Something can be true, a provable fact, but not the truth.

Too chez, I give you social context, diabolical context, and historical context, told you how to bring your point home in here, and instead you give that response.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Google, bing, ask, Baidu, Yandex and many more are just like television channels IMO. They may have a slant, but not more so than CNN, FOX, MSNBC and all the others.

If you don't like their slant then change the channel or your web browser.

I was thinking along those lines, until I though about how much government money Google gets for doing government things. They are more than just a search engine, they have their fingers in a lot of pies. If they are going to work with the government, then having a political slant seems like a conflict of interest. Of course, this isn't for you or I to decide, but I think there is a bit more to it than I initially thought, and your post suggests.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

he doesnt like that they publish negative news about him. He tried googeling himself and didnt see that he was the greatest thing since white bread so he thinks theres something wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This....is where I point out that you are being a drama queen.

Okay...

When Google triggers a war that kill half a million people,

SEE HERE

and they're embedded in 'all' our phones,

SEE HERE

and half the public worships them because they spout their ideology,

SEE HERE

and the rest are too dumbed down to even realize,

SEE HERE

edit on 22-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Xcalibur254

he doesnt like that they publish negative news about him. He tried googeling himself and didnt see that he was the greatest thing since white bread so he thinks theres something wrong.

If you had even half a clue of what occurs in reality, you would know that the exact opposite is true.

Liberals are so triggered by the truth they have to suppress results and manipulate anything in their power in order to give the illusion that their world view is the prevailing view.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 22-9-2018 by OneArmedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yes your assumption is incorrect, I use the word followers as a descriptive word not an insult.
I was a follower of Tony Blair before his election because I believed his message , I believed he would be good for the country and repair the damage years of Tory rule had brought to the common man , his actions taught me how misguided it is to put faith in the word of political leaders .

Forgive me. Perhaps that word doesn't immediately bring up visions of the People's Temple, if you aren't from this side of the pond.

Over here, or at least in the former Confederacy, we just pull out Glock's and ARs, and the last man standing get's the prize AND the girl.

I guess it doesn't work that way in "civilized" society.

My bad.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Free press , free speech and freedom of expression are all enemies to this administration

Now , what about the US and the directive to investigate the suppression of expressing oneself online in the US ?
I care not what your administration is like.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Fallingdown

Of course they have bias. But last time I checked companies were allowed to have a political opinion.

Should Walmart be required to sell BLM shirts?
*Because of there UNIQUE position within Society, American Society.

Sorry, but your metric doesn't apply here and this EO will insure that 😌

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join