It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccinations..Are they 'really' necessary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
There are many other links located here

~*~....[thanks quintar...]

there's a bunch of good conjecture there,

but i'm of the mind these vaccines are inherently good sense...as the risks are lessened & controlled if you have the vaccination
but remain chaotic, unknown, without the vaccine!!

besides, what would it accomplish, to have 'poisonous
vaccines' that kill ...a dr. wouldhave no repeat patients,

It would become evident, real soon, that the Mortuary
Community/undertakers and the whole 'death industry'
was experiencing dramatic growth especially on Wall St.

I don't hear that happening

so. i'm suspect of the anti-vaccine crowd!

on another point....If It Don't Kill Ya, it'll Make You Stronger....thats a meme i follow!!

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by riffraffalunas]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
There is no way to test first to see if a child could/would be allergic to the vaccine without first giving the vaccine??

I think so, but it isn't nice. It involves pricking a little hole in the skin of your arm and dropping a diluted drop of the tested substance on that. If you are allergic to it, the skin around it will probably go red in a few hours.

I think vaccines are good. The only reason unvaccinated people now don't suffer a lot more for the normally vaccinated diseases, is because they are protected by a 'buffer' of vaccinated people in their environments. In isolated religious groups that don't vaccinate, those diseases do happen more.

I don't see how vaccines could be a problem to someone's immune system. It just gives the immune system a chance to sample the antigens needed for the detection of the disease later on. This only helps the immune system develop. It gets activated and gets trained.

I would even go as far as to say that people who do not vaccinate harm their children. The diseases the children can get were widespread before vaccination and were very dangerous. You actually give your child a higher chance on a lethal or disabling illness. But since I have no children, I guess I must have somehow made a mistake when I think that is bad. Only a very very small group as allergic reactions. Better tests in the future can prevent this.

Misconceptions about vaccinations.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by amantine]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here is an idea (hopefully it has not aready been posted).

Every time you take a pill you grow more and more tolerant to its effects. Every time you take a pill your normal immune system does not learn how to deal with problems on its own. Basicly when you get older, you are screwed because the drugs won't be potient and your immune system will be too laxed to care.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc
There has been a lot of controversy over the MMR (mumps, measles and rubella) vaccination in recent years. Many parents are worried about the dangers of this particular combination and some are chosing to opt out of having their children protected. (in earlier years measles was a single jab, mumps was not given and rubella jabs were only given to adolescent girls)

However I guess as a parent you have to weigh up the pros and cons of the vaccination. Yes there is a small risk your child could be harmed by it, but there is a greater risk, especially in the case of measles, that your child could become seriously ill and perhaps die. Rubella is only dangerous to pregnant women and unless you are an adult male, mumps is uncomfortable but not fatal (speaking from personal experience here!)

I guess that would explain why I have some mental defects.. j/k......

Fact: I completed all 3 of my mmr shots and when I went to the immigration doctor for the bcis medical, they were trying to tell me I had to get another one.
I told them no way in hell am I getting another, I only required 3 and I proved it to them. I do not trust any kind of doctor that works with the government.
Since all the hype about hep b vaccine when they were lacing it with hiv (apparantly) and the flu vaccines this year were making people sick. I didn't the shot, and I didn't get sick once this year.
It's bs imo, I didn't get the shot after arguing with them they told me I was right and I didn't need it so they apologised.
But I was freaking out when they drew my blood, I kept thinking omg they are going to put something in that needle! Everything is ok though.

Point being: I don't trust alot of script meds and "some" shots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join