It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we're talking about copies here.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
May I present to you the Beriev Be-32 (a designation since re-used on a turboprop commuter liner);

And the Tupolev Tu-135;

Now, don't they look familiar ?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OMG...its like seeing doubles...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
How are those at all genuine...I mean they're inflatable/plastic models. Some schematics would be interesting...or even actual photos. Nothing against your post though mate

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
what i dont get it, im 13, the bottom looks somehwta to me like an XB-70. I dont know about the top. Some one wanna let me in on the secret.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The Beriev was very closely based on the Dornier Do 31 VTOL transport which actually flew in the late 60's, unlike the Beriev though the Dornier actually had a pair of Harrier style R-R Pegasus engines under its wings plus lift jets whereas Beriev were planning to use conventional turbfans under the wings and rely solely on lift jets for VTOL.

The Tu 135 was indeed quite a lot like the XB-70. Neither of these projects were actually followed up, hence the model shots, but its interesting to see how the Russians were looking into how they could make the wests latest ideas work for them. If you look into the prototypes of what became the Su-24 Fencer you will see that one shares the layout of the TSR 2 while the other uses the F-111 layout that was eventually chosen.

It might be dismissed as copying but another way to look at it is, why deny yourself parity with the other side just because of pride?

top topics

join