It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not fricken deflection!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You got me....
I was trying to make sure nobody saw that thread with the fuzzy picture of Bigfoot riding Nessie....

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

yes i agree. it almost feels like people are getting a kick out of hate and anger than anything else.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You got me....
I was trying to make sure nobody saw that thread with the fuzzy picture of Bigfoot riding Nessie....

Well damn dude, it worked.... looks like the mods took it down. Who else is in on this? Our conspiracy sanctuary has committed conspiracy! I am starting to question reality as a whole, I hope you're happy.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
a reply to: oloufo

yes i agree. it almost feels like people are getting a kick out of hate and anger than anything else.

Some get a kick out of it, and others use it to push their narrative.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

This entire website is built around forums with open discussions. Supposedly I guess..

When you have a conversation with others you are exchanging ideas and examples to get to the meat and potatoes of a subject. Anything else is nothing but a damn lie to push an agenda.

The most recent example is the sexual misconduct allegations against a Supreme Court nominee.
Any mention of other politicians accused of the same act is not a damn deflection.
The handling of past accusers is totally relevant.

There are many other examples from both sides of the isle. To many to list.

But dammit, can't we at least acknowledge the similarities in a reasonable discussion?
I am so fricken tired of the comment, "but, but, but, insert name here"
Sorry but trumps golf habits are on par, nyuk nyuk, with obamas...

When we put limits on our conversations the whole process of exchanging ideas falls apart.
We can talk about something and agree to disagree. That's an acceptable outcome.

I want a beer....

Rant over, carry on...

The truth is it is a deflection when either side does it...

And you can find a history of both sides playing up the allegations on their opponents and downplaying the allegations on their “teammates”.

The truth is almost all have been nonsense..

Juanita broadrick was nonsense..

Paula Jones was nonsense...

The chic who accused trump on the airplane (plane chic) was nonsense...

The al Franken stuff was nonsense..

I have a good feeling that this present one accusing Kavanagh is nonsense..

If you wanted to ask who started it the earliest I can think of is bill Clinton.. but maybe another case predates it...

The way to end it is everyone agreeing when an allegation is nonsense, not the alternative of “all women should be believed” or “I only believe the ones accusing my political opponents”.

It is a sad joke that has lead to a circular argument where everyone is right about being wrong lol..

Republicans are right that democrats didn’t believe broadrick when she had zero evidence..

Democrats are right that republicans didn’t need any evidence when it was broadrick..

Republicans are right that democrats don’t seem to need evidence to assume Kavanagh is guilty..

Democrats are right now the republicans require evidence to believe the accuser..

It’s ridiculous and the truth is almost all of these cases either were never a big deal or never happened at all..

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: Bluntone22

from my point of view the biggest problem here on ats is the lack of empathy. there is so much hate and anger going around and sometimes it seems to me that it is more about personal frustration and disillusion and not about trying to make things better. we must talk to each other, discuss, listen and sometimes take a step back. let's keep talking.

I can't disagree with you.
But I will say that nothing will change until people are willing to make changes themselves instead of trying to change everyone else's opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

that's true.
we are human beings, full of contradictions and fear. but on the other side everyone is a miracle.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

we are still evolving.
the world is changing fast nowadays, maybe too fast. but the world today is a better place than twenty years ago. so, there are reasons to be optimistic.
edit on 21-9-2018 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

from my point of view the biggest problem here on ats is the lack of empathy. there is so much hate and anger going around and sometimes it seems to me that it is more about personal frustration and disillusion and not about trying to make things better. we must talk to each other, discuss, listen and sometimes take a step back. let's keep talking.

Some of my friends are trying to convince me to run for mayor of my home town. In this me too climate, I can’t do it.

I have no hate for anyone on ATS, in fact I have much love to give to the ladies. That’s why I won’t run for public office. I am sure somewhere in the past 45 years I probably touched something I wasn’t supposed to. Most likely they touched me back or touched me first. Either way is ok with me. I do agree with you on all counts, let’s keep talking and try a little harder to respect each other’s opinions. There are some of the smartest people on the net here.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Sometimes it's deflection... Other times it's not exactly deflection, but there is no real practical or productive purpose. And even worse, too often the past bad behavior of one side is used to justify the current bad behavior of the other side.

What is the proper course of action when someone makes an accusation? Beyond reporting their side of the story, how much evidence should the accuser be expected to provide before being taken seriously? Or should it be up to the proper authorities to investigate and provide evidence?

For those calling for an investigation in the Kavanaugh accusations, what exactly should they be investigating? The obvious place to start is questioning those she named as present.... Then what? Two of those named have already stated they have no knowledge/recollection of what she described, isn't that reasonable doubt? Especially with no further details to investigate? What else could or should be done?

We need far more objectivity and focus on objective standards and criteria to be applied equally in any and all situations, and far less subjectivity and gossip.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Let's all end the hate and start from that spot please!

The only things I hate are inanimate objects. Humans need love. We can hate a process but never a person or we ourselves suffer.

ETA

LOVE Pink Floyd , esp David Gilmore.
edit on 21-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

how much evidence? how much evidence he really needed for that?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
When was the last time you called your father?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Mine died 3 years ago, what the hell are you talking about anyway?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I think it means they believe you are trying to change the subject. At least thats what it means when I say it.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Including Donald Trump and his, what 16?, accusers.

Your avatar is hilarious.

The President is NOT off limits, but accusations are just that, accusations.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

If I ran for office I'd be #metoo'd as well. That's what happens when you date insane goth chicks.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes, bills too.

Remember what Hillary said about his accusers?

All are relevant. None are deflections.

How many accusers are there whom we know nothing about because of the Congressional Hush Fund?

And yet, no one who is very, very concerned for Ms. Ford is at all worried about them and the fact that their accusers are likely still walking free ... and some may be sitting on that committee on either side of the aisle.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

No one who's in any way a decent person would run for office in this country because of this kind of thing, and that's part of our real problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
a reply to: Boadicea

how much evidence? how much evidence he really needed for that?

I really don't know what you're asking... "He" who? Kavanaugh?

Obviously, Kavanaugh technically doesn't have to provide any evidence. The burden of proof is on the accuser. Which is what I was addressing. How much evidence should an accuser provide to have allegations further investigated by the authorities? Or is an accusation enough -- no matter how vague and inconsistent?

What should our objective standards and criteria be to evaluate such allegations?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join