It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babies stabbed by crazed knife attacker in New York City

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
How do you stab a days-old infant and it not be life threatening?!

Sounds to me like she was cutting on them for some reason, rather than stabbing.

This almost has a witchcraft vibe starting to brew.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: LSU2018

There are overnight daycares for people that work 2 & 3rd shift. Maybe it's a single mom that doesn't have someone else to watch the baby. There could be a lot of other reasons.

No way, not at 2 days old. Unless she's cracked out on oxycodone or some other mind altering pain reliever, she's not working a job 2 days after giving birth.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yes. And the fact that it was unlicensed doesn't help either.

I'm betting it has something to do with child trafficking. Sticking to it until we have more information available.

It's a valid guess IMHO.
edit on 21/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
More information from CBS NY

Investigators are using Chinese translators to interview the people who live there.

“Part of the building is living quarters, they’re apartments, multiple families,” NYPD Assistant Chief Juanita Holmes said.

Police said they were called to the home once before in 2011 for reports of children screaming.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: JAGStorm
Wow, I've never heard of paid overnight care nurseries in the UK.
Never heard anyone ever mention such a thing.
I know plenty of people who mind each others kids like friends and family.
I can't imagine paying a stranger to mind my child overnight.
I'm struggling to believe it is a thing.
Poor kids.

Don't feel bad. I live in America and I've never heard of it either.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Yes. And the fact that it was unlicensed doesn't help either.

I'm betting it has something to do with child trafficking. Sticking to it until we have more information available.

It's a valid guess IMHO.

I'd like to see the location and what the place looks like.

*NOTE* I haven't clicked any links yet to see if the location is there.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Investigators are using Chinese translators to interview the people who live there.

“Part of the building is living quarters, they’re apartments, multiple families,” NYPD Assistant Chief Juanita Holmes said.

Police said they were called to the home once before in 2011 for reports of children screaming.

OOOPH. This just got a little more interesting. THAT explains a lot.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

a reply to: JAGStorm
Wow, I've never heard of paid overnight care nurseries in the UK.
Never heard anyone ever mention such a thing.
I know plenty of people who mind each others kids like friends and family.
I can't imagine paying a stranger to mind my child overnight.
I'm struggling to believe it is a thing.
Poor kids.

Article from over 2 years ago (LINK).

I simply googled “overnight daycare uk” and came up with a load of results. Kind of surprised they exist, but on the other hand, with people working nights/lates or even super earlies, I can see the need for them.
edit on 2192018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ufortunately, home daycare is mostly unregulated. Children need parent protection and the idea of a 3 day old already in an overnight home daycare, especially an unregulated one, does raise many red flags. The number of babies is staggering.

Something very evil is afoot. I certainly hope this opens up to an investigation as to why this even exists,

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I get that, I'm just shocked it is a thing, never heard of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

I get that, I'm just shocked it is a thing, never heard of it.

I hadn’t heard of it either. Wife did just tell me there’s one opening up here which is 24/7 too.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The Chinese??? The hell....

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

A meat cleaver was also used, dear god.

There was a case in Massachusetts a few months back where a Haitian mother of 6 stabbed her 2 youngest toddlers 5 & 8 to death as a voodoo ritual. She stabbed them over 50 times.

I will never understand such madness 😢

edit on 21-9-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Where do you live? Where I live babies start daycare at 6 weeks old:

I'm not saying it is right, but I know lots and lots of people that send their babies to daycare at 6-8 weeks of age.

"Most daycares, however, wont accept an infant until at least six weeks of age. And this must be a full term infant. If you have to go back to work after two or four weeks then that might leave you in a bind."
www.thelaboroflove.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hope that jackass rots. Someone hurts a kid, and they should throw these people to the psychopath prisoners as a consolation prize for their life sentences.

I haven't seen any comments questioning the story and or taking a deeper look into it, what's up ATS??

Does anyone else think it's weird that an unlicensed day care, that works at 3 a.m., had 3, possible more, newborn babies?

Nothing to really take a deeper look in to, some people do this to make an easy tax-free buck while trying to stay under the radar. One of my neighbors was popped last week for running a illegal in-home daycare, her earliest drop-offs came over at 5am every week day. Last kids got picked up around midnight. She and he husband watched what looked to be 8 kids, excluding their 3 own kids, 5-6 days a week.

Some of the adjacent neighbors got sick of the influx of traffic -- not for the kids themselves, they were all quiet, well behaved kids -- and turned her in.
Good. I didn't think to check her daycare license status, but another neighbor had the thought occur to them to do so.
A couple of us already turned her ass in for her "guests" parking at the elbow of this dead-end street, and choking the corner. That other neighbor went for the jugular and turned her in for the daycare. Hope she learns from both fines, they ain't cheap.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I agree with your comment!

a reply to: Plotus

edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: Sp

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yes
I have seen women that Have to go back to work Immediately to make ends meet.
Plus have you never worked in a factory?
They operate 24 hours a day at 3 shifts.
Some people work 3rd shift.
I’m not saying that is what was going on here but just throwing it out there.
a reply to: vinifalou

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Unfortunately, yes. She had a reason...not one you or I would necessarily agree with, or even understand, but a reason none the less.

Glad that the babies are going to be OK. Hopefully this woman will get some form of help, or, barring any help being possible, be kept away from the rest of the world, especially babies.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I'd be more worried if you did understand...

I'd never heard of 24/7 daycare before. It makes a certain amount of sense, since many parents work the over night/swing shifts...as they generally pay a little more.

But unlicensed, with a previous history of calls to the cops...hair on the back of my neck is standing up.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It appears it may have not been an overnight daycare provider, but rather, an illegal birthing center. Considering the Chinese penchant for sticking with doing nothing for a month after giving birth, that explanation actually makes significant sense in this context, compared to an illegal Chinese daycare.

Authorities are also probing the three-story residence and exactly what type of services it was offering, and whether they were legal and properly licensed. Officials told reporters it may have provided maternity care or hospitality services to new and expecting mothers in the neighborhood's largely Chinese immigrant community.

A centuries-old Chinese custom, known as "sitting the month," advises new mothers to stay indoors, rest and restore their energy during the month after childbirth. The tradition has inspired China's industry of maternity residences, where women pay to be confined with their baby at postnatal care centers that often boast an array of luxury services and amenities.

www.yahoo.com...

In cultural context (I have a Chinese stepmother who "sat the month" after my youngest brother was born) this makes complete sense, much more than a daycare does.
edit on 9/21/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join