It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are preparing for?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Don't get me wrong; I take seriously the utter depravity we have in our midst. I'm ex law enforcement and worked crisis management liaison with local govt in the 1990s when emergency management was being invented.

If it's bad enough. We will lose. Everything. Everybody dies in the end. So I don't put my faith in this dark carnival were living through.

Sure marauders are a real threat. But sorta like "high plains drifter"; eventually the townsfolk get themselves a marshal and fix things. Not always. But if they could overthrow the Soviet Union, if the East Germans could occupy the Stassi headquarters, there's hope for us too.

Besides, In a time of anarchy like that, you can fix "thangs".

link   

Don't get me wrong; I take seriously the utter depravity we have in our midst. I'm ex law enforcement and worked crisis management liaison with local govt in the 1990s when emergency management was being invented.

If it's bad enough. We will lose. Everything. Everybody dies in the end. So I don't put my faith in this dark carnival were living through.

Sure marauders are a real threat. But sorta like "high plains drifter"; eventually the townsfolk get themselves a marshal and fix things. Not always. But if they could overthrow the Soviet Union, if the East Germans could occupy the Stassi headquarters, there's hope for us too.

link   

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Since we share backgrounds..you understand the point. The stess is on being prepared...but its a very false sense of security...and doesn't address the running out of supplies, the damage to air, land, water, animals and fish...and those left chasing you down because of what you have...and others don't...

Thanks,
M.S.

Certified:
1st Responder/EMT-ERT
Advanced Disaster Life Support/Search and Rescue
FEMA/Dept. of Homeland Security
Region 2 South, Wayne County, Michigan, U.S.A.

Emergency prep and plans: www.ready.gov
edit on 23-9-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

So everybody thinks.
Anyways, ever heard the story of the grasshopper and the ant? You know the one were the grasshopper is dancing the days way while the ant prepares for winter, then come winter the grasshopper dies because he didnt prepare, and the ant lives on happily. Or at least for a few weeks till spring when ant eater burros in and eats the ant, and all his stash of ant food. And happily ever after wobbles to the next ant hill.

Anyways, moral of the story is. Invest in some RPG's and maybe some machine gun turrets. Though even all that wont stop the zombies.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Ah,

The difference..... one ant to 10,000 desperate grasshoppers who will be desperate enough to kill you for your food.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well if you want to go technical one grasshopper can kill thousands of ants easily. Just like one wasp can play havok on a bee colony. Anyways, the Egyptians were scared of them plague locust, so much so that even the word locust has bad cogitations.

Dont ask me why, just make a big ass net, and you can capture hundreds to thousands of them. they even had all those slaves just standing around, order them to get to work in making nets for the feast, then dip them in chocolate, or honey and yum yum. I could sure go for some chocolate dipped grasshoppers. A whole plague of them.

But plague of locust does at times play havoc on human food stores that's for sure.
But when the zombies come, they will probably eat all the grasshoppers. So eat your fill of chocolate dipped grasshoppers while you can.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

When I was young things that were beyond my control caused me to become homeless.

I starved for many years .

I prep so that never happens to me again.

No one knows what the future will bring and anyone that doesn't prepare for the worst is a fool.

I have deep woods survival gear plus six months of dried food.
edit on 24-9-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join