It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Free Energy Idea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I am surprised big oil hasn't offed you already with such a comprehensive theory backed up by detailed scientific theory.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
I am surprised big oil hasn't offed you already with such a comprehensive theory backed up by detailed scientific theory.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: p75213
Why have you decided to post this on ATS instead of creating it and becoming the richest person in the World?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: p75213

originally posted by: moebius

a reply to: moebius

The pancake coil.

But the coil is driven by the capacitor, is it not?

The total energy (electric and magnetic) of the coil is equal to the energy of the capacitor.

The energy of a coil is contained in the magnetic field. The formula is e = LI^2. Where e = energy, L = inductance and I = current(magnetic field). However, in this case the capacitor receives extra charge in the shape of the external electric field of the pancake coil. So each time the capacitor is charged it receives more than the previous time.The same applies to the coil.

Again. Where does the energy for the external electric field of the pancake coil come from if not from the capacitor? Something has to provide the energy to create that external electric field. What is the source?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
Why have you decided to post this on ATS instead of creating it and becoming the richest person in the World?

Why do you think??

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I have no idea. That's why I asked.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

The pancake coil.

The total energy (electric and magnetic) of the coil is equal to the energy of the capacitor.

The energy of a coil is contained in the magnetic field. The formula is e = LI^2. Where e = energy, L = inductance and I = current(magnetic field). However, in this case the capacitor receives extra charge in the shape of the external electric field of the pancake coil. So each time the capacitor is charged it receives more than the previous time.The same applies to the coil.

Again. Where does the energy for the external electric field of the pancake coil come from if not from the capacitor? Something has to provide the energy to create that external electric field. What is the source?

A battery would be required to start. After that it's the interaction between the coil and capacitor. The extra energy, which is not accounted for in a normal rcl circuit, comes from the external electric field of the pancake coil. This is possible because of the geometry of the coil and capacitor. Also the proximity of both.

I can't explain it any better than that.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I have no idea. That's why I asked.

The only way you can make money out of these sort of ideas is to forget about them.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You didn't really answer my question but what I had taken from your reply is that you decided to post this on ATS so people would know about it, so you can't make money out of it.
If so, a strange decision indeed.

If I was you, and if this worked of course, I would seek investment so I could create my own energy company offering extremely cheap energy to the population. You would destroy all competition and do a great service to mankind and the planet.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Should be simple enough to build. The capacitor could be constructed using two sheets of thin copper flashing (available from Lowes or Home Depot) with a thin mylar sheet between them. For the coil, all you need is magnet wire.

My analysis shows that, as others have stated, you will create a resonant circuit... that's all. I don't see a pathway for energy to travel from one component to another except through current (which defines a resonant circuit). Capacitors store energy in electrostatic fields, while inductors (coils) store their energy in magnetic fields. The two will not spontaneously change into each other, except by the use of current.

That said, you may be looking at something I am not. If you believe so, build one and make a short video of it working.

Incidentally, the actual equations that describe the device according to traditional electronics are I=C dE/dt and E=L dI/dt. Combined, the equation for operation becomes the differential equation d^2E/dt^2+1/LC E=0, which is a resonant differential equation with the solution E=e^(-t/LC).

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The extra energy comes from the external electric field of the pancake coil. The capacitor is charged first by this and then by the collapsing magnetic field(current).

physics.stackexchange.com...

"The external electrical field would change the voltage, and thus the charge on the capacitor"

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You didn't really answer my question but what I had taken from your reply is that you decided to post this on ATS so people would know about it, so you can't make money out of it.
If so, a strange decision indeed.

If I was you, and if this worked of course, I would seek investment so I could create my own energy company offering extremely cheap energy to the population. You would destroy all competition and do a great service to mankind and the planet.

Free energy devices have been around for decades but not available on the open market. EV Gray and Henry Moray are two inventors that come to mind. There are plenty more.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

An inductor does not generate an external electrical field. The field generated by an inductor is magnetic.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The coil produces inductive reactance, the capacitor capacitive reactance, in equal amounts cancel each other out.
The system will do nothing but consume power.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Incorrect.

The circuit will, at resonance, operate with extremely high efficiency as an oscillator. Inductive and capacitive reactance are not additive in themselves, only in their phase angle.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

An inductor does not generate an external electrical field. The field generated by an inductor is magnetic.

TheRedneck

The electric field is at 90 degrees to the magnetic field.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

You're thinking of an EM wave. That is not what the inductor produces.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Oops, I think I misread your intent there.

Yes, an electrical field will exist at 90 degrees to the magnetic field... but it will not be external. The electrical field in an inductor exists internal to the coil and is the reason for the reverse potential that limits AC current.

Sorry about that.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

The pancake coil.

A battery would be required to start. After that it's the interaction between the coil and capacitor. The extra energy, which is not accounted for in a normal rcl circuit, comes from the external electric field of the pancake coil. This is possible because of the geometry of the coil and capacitor. Also the proximity of both.

I can't explain it any better than that.

The problem is that you choose not to account for the "external" electric field in your circuit.

You are considering it when charging the capacitor, but ignoring it when discharging.

The coil energy is the sum of the magnetic and the "external" electric field. What I mean with that that when the capacitor is discharging its energy goes into both. An electric field can not just "magically" appear.

Edit:
When the capacitor is discharging it will see additional resistance due to "coil geometry" creating the "external" electric field.
edit on 21-9-2018 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Any conductor has both inductance and capacitance, that is, the ability to accumulate charge on it’s surface. A charge on the surface of a conductor creates an electric field (electrostatic field)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join