It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNI and CIA thought the dossier was too unverified to use in intel assessment

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

A spokesman for Brennan told this reporter in an interview earlier this year that “former FBI Director Comey has said publicly that he wanted to make sure President Obama and Trump knew about the dossier. Comey decided to attach it to the IC Assessment. There was even talk of including it as part of the IC Assessment but Brennan (and Clapper) in fact were the ones who didn’t allow the dossier to be part of it, and they didn’t allow that because they said the information wasn’t verified intelligence and that wasn’t what the IC Assessment was about.”

saraacarter.com...

So apparent Brennan (head of cia) and clapper (Director of National intelligence ) had to talk comey down from including the dossier in an intelligence assessment about Russia involvement in December of 2016...

Because they said it was unverified and from a foreign source

And they thought this months after the fbi was acting as if it was verified to get fisa warrants in people connected to trump!

This is incredible!

They felt it was so unverified that it wasn’t even worth including in the assessment, but comey was using it to spy on former members of the trump campaign and get communications from the members time on the trump campaign

So this unverified dossier, pair for by trumps opponents, was used to spy on communications from his campaign

Even the cia and dni wouldn’t use the dossier!

This is unreal. The corruption of the fbi in this is shaping up to be the biggest political scandal in the history of this country

edit on 20-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This suprises you how ? They still havent told us the story behind Vegas shooter guy, and it took them 11 days to come up with a story about Sunspot.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The CIA and NSA may have been "covering" for the now known-about FISA warrants 💥☣💥

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Possibly why Rosenstein recommended firing Comey? Incompetence?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I think James Clapper was Director of National Intelligence (DNI).

The NSA was headed by Admiral Michael S. Rogers. A good guy, who tried to blow-the-whistle on Brennan and Clapper.

edit on 9/20/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I HATE to use a cliché, like "smoking gun", so I won't do that.

However, all I feel when I read this is unbridled outrage.

It's not like we weren't already 99% sure that this was the case, but damn.

I'll say this, I know how pissed off this makes me, but can you imagine how pissed off POTUS is? I understand that he's known these things for a long time, but he's always composed, and he knows what didn't happen, because he was the one that didn't do this stuff.

What kind of brain-damaged idiot makes a PERSONAL enemy of the most powerful man in the world?

God bless Sara Carter. I imagine that this is only the tip of a VERY large iceberg. Which means that this will probably get WAY, WAY worse, before it gets better.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What thread is the "official" one?

This one, or www.abovetopsecret.com... ??

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I think James Clapper was Director of National Intelligence (DNI).

The NSA was headed by Admiral Michael S. Rogers. A good guy, who tried to blow-the-whistle on Brennan and Clapper.

Of course you are right

Thanks! I got my acronyms mixed up

I edited it to be correct now

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

What thread is the "official" one?

This one, or www.abovetopsecret.com... ??

That thread seems to be more about the fact that the intel community disagreed on Russia’s motives in their interference

Whereas this thread was focused on intel agencies other than the fbi thinking the dossier was unverified even months after it was used for a fisa warrant

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

OK...super! Then I'll add this here too:

FYI: Sean Hannity (FoxNews), is live in Las Vegas with President Trump, and talking about the subject of this thread, among other things.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

OK...super! Then I'll add this here too:

FYI: Sean Hannity (FoxNews), is live in Las Vegas with President Trump, and talking about the subject of this thread, among other things.

Thanks I will look for it

If anyone sees a YouTube video post it

(no cable for this impoverished man)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

If you go to www.foxnews.com... his show, which is being held at the Las Vegas rally, is streaming live, in the upper left corner of the page.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Excellent find Grambler!

Looks like Hoover will not be able to save the FBI this time.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

How do you even keep up?

So according to Sara Carter's interpretation of some stuff that was leaked to her, what again?

The article starts out saying that Comey, Strzok and whoever were arguing with Brennan and Clapper that the intelligence wasn't there (yet) to support the IC assessment.

Clapper and Brennan were jumping the gun to put out the IC assessment pointing the finger at Russia to hurt Trump but Comey, Strzok and whoever else were disagreeing with the IC assessment? Strzok was expressing his concern about the IC assessment with the House Intelligence Committee in December?

So Clapper and Brennan are the "deep state" conspirators here? Oh no, never mind... Brennan and Clapper stopped Comey, Strzok et al from including the dossier in the IC report because it was not vetted U.S. intelligence. (according to Sara Carter)

You'll have to forgive me if I wait to see the material she was leaked myself rather than trust her intreprettions, particularly when she makes dubious interpretations like this:

On December 19, 2016, Strzok and Page boast about the number of stories they had a hand in shaping. Page sends a text at 20:17 saying “And this. It will make your head spin to realize how many stories we played a personal role in. Sheesh, this has been quite a year… NYTimes: The most-read stories of 2016 (with a link).”

Had a hand in shaping? Oh that's right, she's still pushing that "media leak strategy" narrative (while also talking about how concerned Strzok was with leaks) that was DoA. A FAR more plausible interpretation is that Page is referring to the number of articles about things on which they'd worked.

I hope you weren't expecting any actual evidence of a conspiracy to hurt Trump because I think we can assume that she'd have led with that.

Which might explain what was in your earlier thread where Hannity and Carter were spinning up new narratives about "parallel books" to explain the lack of bombshells in the as-yet unreleased documents that she's clearly already obtained and had a chance to go through.

This is unreal. The corruption of the fbi in this is shaping up to be the biggest political scandal in the history of this country

Holy hyperbole. Not even close, not even if it were what you thought it was. Which I'm sure we'll debate after this stuff is published, which is probably going to be tomorrow (at least in part) based on the fact that she's already got her hands on at least some of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We know for a fact that the dossier was not included in the ic assessment

But you are right, like just about everything we discuss, this was from anonymous sources, ones she claims that were connected to Brennan that told her Brennan and clapper thought the dossier was unverified and didn’t want it in the assessment

But if that is true, it’s damning, because it shows even those two thought two months after the dossier had been used for a fisa warrant that it was still unverified

Can I get you to admit that if that is the case, then it shows the fbi was incredibly shady in using that unverified material to help spy in an American connected to the trumo campaign?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
New Strzok text proves that Obama's White House was involved in the crime.
twitter.com...
edit on 9/20/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

This just can't be correct. Haven't you heard that 17 intelligence agencies all agree that Drumpf is guilty???

new topics

top topics

join