It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals, You just don't get it!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: MteWamp

, they were called "slaves". Big war. Bunch of dead folks. You probably read about it.

Well you obviously haven't read enough about as your condescending rhetoric claims.

It was a Bankers war, the "slaves" excuse was to garner moral indignation for the easily led. Just like the Vietnam War, the War on Terror, the War on Drugs......blah blah

hint: google "the Civil war was a bankers war"

Umm..

Alrighty then.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Go back and read your own posts. Discussing matters with you often results in you not addressing the facts but using ridicule.

Do you honestly live in a world where you believe that a person with a net worth of say 10 million would have the same power of influence over Politicians as a person worth even 1 Billion, let alone 100 billion.

Wiki

Apple avoids paying taxes

Apple currently holds about $252 billion in profits offshore, where it can avoid paying U.S. taxes. That's over 90% of the company's total cash on hand. This profit is subject to the corporate income tax as soon as it's “repatriated” back to the U.S.

And they use Chinese slave labour so you can get an expensive Iphone to play -

Um. Ok.

Yes. Apple sux.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

more derailing clap trap.

What next?

Heres a hint

A Bell
J L Baird
J Watt

Without these you wouldn't be typing on the net or have a TV or the industrial revolution.

You'd still be using Indian smoke signal's between your mates in the South signaling the results of your game and drinking warm beer.

Look it up, Google is kind of a thing, we Aussies like to help out you Yanks, or Rebels if you prefer. We had your back in Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam.

I'm sorry. I see your mouth moving, but dude, I have absolutely no idea what you are saying. Have you never seen those "This is your brain on drugs, any questions?" commercials?

Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Crack is whack.

Wait, hold up... If I were to ask you how many planets are in our solar system, I bet you'd say "orange", wouldn't you?

And you actually have the nerve to say I'M "derailing" something?

"And that's when I shot him, your honor".

The prosecution rests.
edit on 22-9-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

There is a huge difference between some brainwashed Tavistock trained faux Liberal pedaling a University course to unthinking naive teenagers and a libertarian Capitalist who believes in a just society.

See what people miss is that is all contrived. It is not a black/white Lib/Republic issue.

When some Liberals in name only call for people to start smashing up the streets and shops are burnt or people are stopped from working they are not Liberals. They are thieves. They steal from others and society is worse off for it.

A true Libertarian would not be advocating for Big Government nanny State.

wiki
Libertarianism (from Latin: libertas, meaning "freedom") is a collection of political philosophies and movements that uphold liberty as a core principle. Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, and individual judgment.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

No - otherwise you become like the robber barrons - and Death taxes become punitive. Why should I work hard for my future generational offspring so my wealth is doubly taxed so the Government can pretend to balance the books. Why shouldnt my kids not inherit the full amount.

You neighbour has 5 shirts - you have 10 because you have worked for it and you want to own more shirts. Why should the governmmet or your neighbour tell you what is "best for you"

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

the US has to play the world's referee/police to protect all these other countries with free sh*t since they can't defend themselves. It cost a lot of money to be the global defender

You really have bought the cool aid, or that after billions spent in Detente the Berlin Well went down overnight "because of the People" " An East German Spring"?

Heres a little open secret - When the wall went down McDonalds and Coke were the 1st companies in there.

Defending?

What war has America actually defended themselves against? Your Soldiers are cannon fodder for the Corporatocracy
sputniknews.com...
Ukraine Gov't Accepted Toxic Monsanto for 17 Billion IMF Loan

Tucked away in the layers of paper that come with any loan agreement (especially those from the IMF) were arrangements that opened Ukraine to be raided by major corporations one of which is the nefarious Monsanto. Putin wisely kicked these peddlers of toxin out of Russia, yet traitors like Poroshenko and Yates open the doors to these bandits. Both these two Gestapo leaders came to power via a coup, which is illegal based on Ukraine’s constitution. Ukraine opens the gateway to other parts of Eastern Europe, but its land is one of the most prized in the world and allowing GMO food in will have a devastating effect on the ecosystem. In fact, Putin has openly stated that Monsanto’s Bee-killing products are enough reason for a nation to go to war. Ukraine is asking for even more trouble by embracing these corporate thieve. Oakland Institute a California-based organization recently released a report titled “Walking on the West Side” showing how the conniving World Bank and IMF pushed terms that would force Ukraine to open the Country to Genetically Modified Crops.

Revolving Door? Democracy in action - US style/sarcasm

When War is Swell: the Carlyle Group and the Middle East at War
www.counterpunch.org...

A couple of weeks ago, in a dress rehearsal for her next presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton, the doyenne of humanitarian interventionism, made a pit-stop at the Carlyle Group to brief former luminaries of the imperial war rooms about her shoot-first-don’t-ask-questions foreign policy. For those of you who have put the playbill of the Bush administration into a time capsule and buried it beneath the compost bin, the Carlyle Group is essentially a hedge fund for war-making and high tech espionage. They are the people who brought you the Iraq war and all those intrusive niceties of Homeland Security. Call them the Knights of the Revolving Door, many of Carlyle’s executives and investors having spent decades in the Pentagon, the CIA or the State Department, before cashing in for more lucrative careers as war profiteers. They are now licking their chops at the prospect for an all-out war against Syria, no doubt hoping that the conflagration will soon spread to Lebanon, Jordan and, the big prize, Iran.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Oh dear -- youre missing the point completely - you chose to ignore Grevens graph - because it doesn't fit your bullsnip

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Great answer.

That response just proves you have done really nothing in researching the topic but are knee-jerking your responses along the way.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I would argue it's not double taxation as it's only taxed on the value being converted to money.
It's just another form of income tax.

Of course its double taxation just like GST or VAT or consumption taxes.

If a company invest in R & D they can claim it as a deduction. If I invest my after tax $ on an income producing property I get taxed on the profit I make in rents annually. Why should I be taxed again on the profit of the price increase when I go to sell it? I bought the house in after-tax dollars.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well know you have because you put a bit more effort into explaing it

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

With that sort of effort you put into rebuttals I wouldnt be surprised if deep down you hate that Emancipation happened, judging from your Bowl comment.

O to the glory days of the South where slaves knew their lot in life.

This always how you try and regain some dignity in your posts. A convoluted troll fest and name calling.

have fun - others can read back and see the game you play.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

GCT is in the gain in value realised when an asset is sold. It's new income.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Great answer.

That response just proves you have done really nothing in researching the topic but are knee-jerking your responses along the way.

Looks like somebody is working overtime to start an argument. Lol. Nice try.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Economics is NOT A ZERO-SUM game.

POOR PEOPLE AREN'T POOR BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS RICH!

Poor people are often poor because rich people (i.e. CEOs of huge corporations) don't fairly compensate their employees to get them over poverty level. Amazon has a terrible track record for the treatment and pay of their employees. But some of you folks are OK with it.. as long as some CEO started a business and it succeeded, they completely deserve to take advantage of their workers.

And your "solution" if for ALL workers to "start a business" and become rich as well. Which is a laughably stupid premise for more reasons than I have time to list.

A select group of people get rich by virtue of their upbringing, or opportunities, or connection, or sometimes, once in a while, by sheer will, imagination and a lucky idea. Most don't. The idea that people deserve poverty and suffering if they don't do the same is pathetic.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Poor people are often poor because rich people use their Intelligence and Guile to Accumulate Wealth while Poor People are to Lazy or Stupid to Figure that Out .

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Economics is NOT A ZERO-SUM game.

POOR PEOPLE AREN'T POOR BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS RICH!

Poor people are often poor because rich people (i.e. CEOs of huge corporations) don't fairly compensate their employees to get them over poverty level. Amazon has a terrible track record for the treatment and pay of their employees. But some of you folks are OK with it.. as long as some CEO started a business and it succeeded, they completely deserve to take advantage of their workers.

And your "solution" if for ALL workers to "start a business" and become rich as well. Which is a laughably stupid premise for more reasons than I have time to list.

A select group of people get rich by virtue of their upbringing, or opportunities, or connection, or sometimes, once in a while, by sheer will, imagination and a lucky idea. Most don't. The idea that people deserve poverty and suffering if they don't do the same is pathetic.

It has nothing to do with "deserving" anything.

Some people are stupid.

Some people are lazy.

Some people are apathetic.

Some people are BORN into money. The VAST majority are not.

Some people are smart enough, and clever enough to understand how things actually work, and do well because of it.

However, the majority of successful people in this country are successful because they worked their asses off, and had the common sense to take advantage of opportunities, and actually had the balls to take a risk.

That's the bottom line. The fact that you either don't, or won't understand it, and would rather throw yourself a pity party, and bitch and moan and whine about all the evil, naughty rich folk that have better stuff than you do does NOT make it any less true.

On the contrary, when you occupy your time whining about how terribly "unfair" the the world is, it allows much more opportunities for those of us who were born with a fire under our asses, and are willing to create our OWN opportunities and take risks.

Trust me, it's greatly appreciated.

Fairness is a myth, my friend. It has ALWAYS been a myth. You need to understand that.

What gives you the right OR even the sheer AUDACITY to demand what I, ME, MYSELF spent 30 years actually BUSTING my ass working 12-18 hours a day for? Please. Explain that to me.

The world doesn't owe you or I CRAP.

NOBODY owes you crap.

The earlier in live you understand that, and accept it, the better off you'll be.

Don't you presume to tell ME what is impossible, Hoss, when I KNOW it's possible because I watched ME do it.

If I'm standing in front of an Oak tree, and I can see it right there with my own eyes and reach out and touch it with my own hand, are you actually going to walk up and try to convince me it's not there?

Why, because you're thinking is so limited that you don't believe trees exist?

Arrogant presumption. Look it up.

Here endeth the lesson.

There are a thousand reasons why some do well, and others do not.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with "deserving" anything.

Some people are stupid.

Some people are lazy.

Some people are apathetic.

Many people are not stupid, nor lazy, or apathetic. That seems to be the go-to logic. There are people that bust their butts on 3 jobs just to make ends meet. And for many, they haven't have the opportunities, luck, or connections to get out of their situation. You are truly delusional if you really think that anyone who hasn't "made it" is because of their lack of work ethic.

You also assume a lot - I don't need handouts, I've worked my entire life since I was 15, and after a crappy childhood in group and foster homes, I wasn't given any opportunities. I make a comfortable salary as an IT director now due to hard work and long hours I put in over the years. But I chose the right field when I was younger. But I'm not so naive to think everyone has the same opportunities to become successful. Partly this is due to our crappy education system, especially college, where people end up in ridiculous amounts of debt, with a degree that won't even begin to pay it back. But again I imagine you will say it's because those people were just stupid, and thus deserve their lot in life.

My grudge is for the most part, in very large companies, where the top 1% of the company are often compensated far well and above what they do to earn it. While many of these huge corporations have terrible records when it comes to rewarding, training, and giving benefits to their employees - who are solely the reason they are in the position they are in to begin with.

You sort of strike me one of the typical snobs that looks down their noses at anyone who hasn't had the same amount of success that you have had. And feel that your level of effort and resulting success allows you to to talk to everyone else like they are bums.

Here endeth the lesson.

Yea.. I think I'll stick with the condescending snob opinion here.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join