It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals, You just don't get it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

So out of curiosity, I took Colorado's population (5.5M), the US population of 323.13M, the 2017 revenue to Colorado ($247M) and the very broad math with several assumptions (use in CO is representative nationwide, for example) suggests the same federal tax would produce $14.5 billion. Which is a laughable sum towards the trillions we spend on healthcare.

Also, simply raising the tax to a higher rate guarantees the number of people who continue to buy illicit (nontaxed) MJ would grow. Why buy $100 worth of taxed pot at a dispensary when $100 buys more on the street?

That's a good point. It would be money that could be used only for healthcare though, and at least it would be working toward the healthcare problem, which there are many problems with it besides money.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Taxes?

What liberals really don’t get is that Americans don’t want to be ruled over in a feudalistic society. But maybe some of them do and realize all those scary guns would really be used to correct that situation if it occurred rather quickly and decisively.

See businesses if you're looking for the feudal lords.

Jesus Christ.

It's brain damage. Has to be.
Nobody just chooses to become stupid of their own free will.

If you want to change things, quit working for "feudal lords" and start YOUR OWN business.

See that's what these "Feudal Lords" did, and it worked out great for them.

Economics is NOT A ZERO-SUM game.

POOR PEOPLE AREN'T POOR BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS RICH!

Kinda need money to do that.

Meanwhile...

That's a crock of bullsnip.

There have been hundreds of thousands of people who started from NOTHING.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Read the word again. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Yeah, I know, it just can't be YOUR fault that your life sucks, can it?

It's the RICH people. Yeah, That's it!

Take some personal responsibility, Princess, instead of bitching and moaning. How's that worked for you so far?

Sorry, Booboo, but this has already been covered. If you don't understand it by now, you may already be screwed.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Wow. I am just shocked that not one liberal has had any viable idea in hell how to pay for all this "free" stuff. I guess not really shocked because it's not possible to do without jacking up the whole economic engine of the country but I hope maybe they would have something to offer.

Beat thing they have thrown out was taxing pot, but I am sure that the whole country smoking $2 trillion a year in pot is bound to affect productivity and health. Every man woman and child would have to be blasted out of their mind 24/7. Roflmao!
edit on 20-9-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

See?

Brain damage.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

See?

Brain damage.

It does explain a lot in regards to their lack of logic.

Hard to be overly logical when you are stoned out of your mind.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

See?

Brain damage.

It does explain a lot in regards to their lack of logic.

Hard to be overly logical when you are stoned out of your mind.

See, now that's where you're wrong.

You've just never been sufficiently stoned.

The smoker you drink, the player you get, you know.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Conservatives don't get it either.

I have to agree with that as well as the democrats.

As long as we have 6ok+ pages of tax laws and deductions you can be certain the middle guy are getting the raping.

We need a flat tax that hits everyone equal with no deductions.

I want to pay the same income to tax ratio as jeff bezo. And the other billionaires pay.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Conservatives don't get it either.

I have to agree with that as well as the democrats.

As long as we have 6ok+ pages of tax laws and deductions you can be certain the middle guy are getting the raping.

We need a flat tax that hits everyone equal with no deductions.

I want to pay the same income to tax ratio as jeff bezo. And the other billionaires pay.

There you go.

I'm 100% with that, with the proviso that a dollar can only be taxed ONE time.

You guys know what I mean by that? I just ask because it's not often discussed.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Taxes are the price we pay for civilization.

I don't know, but I rather like police and fire protection, expecially since my having guns didn't do a lot to shut down the crackheads that used to be hanging around the neighborhood (though my having gone after a druggie with a sword one night helped give me a reputation that they wanted to avoid my property). And jails to keep those guys out of my life and my yard. So those are social services I can get behind. Bring on the taxes!

And I like roads, because I have a fast car and like driving.

And State and National Parks. Those are cool. And since I lost all my investments in the Great Recession, I will have to rely on all that Social Security I paid into. A ponzi scheme is better than nothing. I paid my dues to the rich and powerful banksters, so I'm paying for their retirement, while SSI will have to take care of mine...sorta.

I proudly wear my self-descriptive moniker: #armedlibertardbitch

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Taxes?

What liberals really don’t get is that Americans don’t want to be ruled over in a feudalistic society. But maybe some of them do and realize all those scary guns would really be used to correct that situation if it occurred rather quickly and decisively.

Jesus Christ.

If you want to change things, quit working for "feudal lords" and start YOUR OWN business.

Meanwhile...

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Take some personal responsibility, Princess, instead of bitching and moaning. How's that worked for you so far?

Sorry, Booboo, but this has already been covered. If you don't understand it by now, you may already be screwed.

It's gotten a lot harder to do that these days.

My life is pretty great, actually.

The only one bitching and moaning is yourself - just look at all the schoolyard insults you're throwing out when confronted with reality.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: efabian
a reply to: Kharron
Those 'winnings' do not materialize unless he sells all of his amazon stock. Something that the OP covered.

That just means he sells a lot of it each year, the more he makes the more he sells.

He used to sell $1 billion a year, now he does $3b per yer. That's all taxable income, although it's a very low tax rate -- 15% I believe. The richest people pay very little for the money they make, and that's just the way things have been for a few decades.

Saying he only gets taxed for $80k per year is misleading at best.

15% of 1 billion is $150,000,000. What percentage of your income is 150 million? 150 million a year is more than I will pay in taxes in my lifetime.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont agree or disagree
im not one who talks about taxing rich people to pay for healthcare

im the one that talks about legalizing weed at the federal level and using the tax money from that to pay for healthcare

go ahead and explain why that wont work

How much revenue do you think that would raise?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Taxes?

Jesus Christ.

Meanwhile...

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

The only one bitching and moaning is yourself - just look at all the schoolyard insults you're throwing out when confronted with reality.

What schoolyard insults? How DARE you, sir. (or Ma'am, or 'it'',I don't judge, whatever you choose to call yourself)

How DARE you?
edit on 21-9-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Liberals, you just don't get it when it comes to taxes, money, and the the rich. You think taxing the rich is going pay for healthcare, college, and God knows what else. What you need to understand is that taxes are income tax, not wealth tax.

You could tax the income of the three richest men in the United States at 100pct and you would get a little over $175,000 plus 15pct of whatever stock they sold. So if they each sold 100 million in stock a year you would get another $45 million. But they could control that by selling less stock.

To clarify, Jeff Bezos gets paid $80,000/year by Amazon. Warren Buffet - $100,000 from Berkshire Hathaway.

My point is that all of that would be peanuts. So that means the cost of "free" healthcare and college would have to flow down to the middle class. So now instead you and your neighbors would be taxed for like 99 pct of that cost. Do you want your tax rate to soar?

You think that there are only three rich people to tax and after that it's middle class?

Or that Bezos only taxable income is his salary? How exactly do you think he funds his lifestyle?

You might want consider that large parts of the world already manage to have free or heavily subsidised health care and further education. Amazingly they also have rich people and a middle class.

edit on 21-9-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Taxes?

Jesus Christ.

Meanwhile...

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

What schoolyard insults? How DARE you, sir. (or Ma'am, or 'it'',I don't judge, whatever you choose to call yourself)

How DARE you?

Correct - the schoolyard insults come from you.

Well I say schoolyard insults but if the best you can come up with is calling people you disagree with brain damaged I think you would get owned in any schoolyard.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: TinySickTears

it might work some . less money spent on court cases and prisons . Healthcare is very expensive though , might have to have millions buying a lot of smoke

millions would buy
plus the money saved not housing people in prison
plus the money saved not having cops babysit people in the side of the road while they wait for other cops and the dogs

may not foot 100% of the bill but it would go a long way

its not just the drug side of it either
there would be textiles and fibers and other products tat would carry a tax as well

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Also, simply raising the tax to a higher rate guarantees the number of people who continue to buy illicit (nontaxed) MJ would grow. Why buy $100 worth of taxed pot at a dispensary when $100 buys more on the street?

you might be surprised
when i go to the street i get what i get

much different when i can go to the apple store of marijuana
i might be in the mood for something strong. not so strong. an edible. candy. lotion.
etc etc

choice means a lot

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont agree or disagree
im not one who talks about taxing rich people to pay for healthcare

im the one that talks about legalizing weed at the federal level and using the tax money from that to pay for healthcare

go ahead and explain why that wont work

How much revenue do you think that would raise?

Probably more than not legalizing and taxing

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Taxes?

Jesus Christ.

Meanwhile...

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

How DARE you?

Correct - the schoolyard insults come from you.

Well I say schoolyard insults but if the best you can come up with is calling people you disagree with brain damaged I think you would get owned in any schoolyard.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

I'm a professional.

I know brain damage when I see it.

To quote Navarro, you need to chill, dear sir.

Let's talk about your home life. Is everything REALLY ok? Is that just a facade? Is the Mrs, (or Mr., I don't judge) causing you distress?

Why do I ask? I ask because I love. *sniff*

Look, you know how, like, football stars, and I don't mean the ones that lie to themselves, over and over, and try to convince themselves that "soccer", or "European Football, or Futbol, I don't judge" is a real sport, because, you are believing a LIE.

The TRUE essence of "Football" is elusive. It only happens once a year. In the former Confederate States of America, it's a solemn meeting of Great Men. We call it the "Iron Bowl". Look it up on Google, it's kind of a "thing".

Roll Tide.

You know, I must apologize, I actually forgot that you were there. How may I be of service on this fine and glorious morning?

Very nice to meet you, though.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Well it works for the rest of the world. Funny how it magically can't in the good ol' USA.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join