It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals, You just don't get it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Taxes?

What liberals really don’t get is that Americans don’t want to be ruled over in a feudalistic society. But maybe some of them do and realize all those scary guns would really be used to correct that situation if it occurred rather quickly and decisively.

See businesses if you're looking for the feudal lords.
edit on 18Thu, 20 Sep 2018 18:41:00 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Queue the "RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs", hehe.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am pretty sure all talk of making the tax breaks permanent included making the permrnent for the middle class too.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: efabian
a reply to: Kharron
Those 'winnings' do not materialize unless he sells all of his amazon stock. Something that the OP covered.

That just means he sells a lot of it each year, the more he makes the more he sells.

He used to sell $1 billion a year, now he does $3b per yer. That's all taxable income, although it's a very low tax rate -- 15% I believe. The richest people pay very little for the money they make, and that's just the way things have been for a few decades.

Saying he only gets taxed for $80k per year is misleading at best.

edit on 20-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Taxes?

What liberals really don’t get is that Americans don’t want to be ruled over in a feudalistic society. But maybe some of them do and realize all those scary guns would really be used to correct that situation if it occurred rather quickly and decisively.

Jesus Christ.

It's brain damage. Has to be.
Nobody just chooses to become stupid of their own free will.

If you want to change things, quit working for "feudal lords" and start YOUR OWN business.

See that's what these "Feudal Lords" did, and it worked out great for them.

Economics is NOT A ZERO-SUM game.

POOR PEOPLE AREN'T POOR BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS RICH!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How about this.... How many of staunch anti liberals, when it comes time, will not claim the social security that you have paid into?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

go ahead and explain why that wont work

That will not work for the simple fact it is to simple. Politics has to make things confusing so they can steal more money from the people.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
How about this.... How many of staunch anti liberals, when it comes time, will not claim the social security that you have paid into?

Why wouldn't they take it? They paid into it. Plus like I always say if some idiot is standing in the corner handing out money you would be a fool not to take it. This idiot just happens to be named Uncle Sam.
edit on 20-9-2018 by MRinder because: Auto correct sucks

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

it might work some . less money spent on court cases and prisons . Healthcare is very expensive though , might have to have millions buying a lot of smoke

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

What kind of inverse, bizarro logic is that?

We paid into it. Not voluntarily, mind you, but because we didn't have a choice.

Why would we NOT collect it?

If we had been free to invest that money ourselves, we wouldn't NEED to collect SS.

This is Grammar School economics, Princess, NOT Quantum Theory, how can you not know this?

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance, I live to serve.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I have heard the next tax bill will be more for the middle class . I hope it happens , my adult children could use less government and more of their money .

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

its been that way longer than a few decades . Most likely started around 1913

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

probably 0 . they paid into it too . Self employed SS tax is 14 %

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

And, for the record, I'm not anti-liberal. I'm a staunch anti-leftist Libertarian.

Liberals mean well, at least in most cases. They are just ignorant. Retarded. Brain-damaged.

Leftists, however, not only seek money, but POWER. And they need a subservient class of people over whom to WIELD that power. 150 years ago, they were called "slaves". Big war. Bunch of dead folks. You probably read about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: MRinder

Just one of your examples, Jeff Bezos.

He made $11,500,000 per HOUR this year. You believe he only gets taxed on $80k a year?

No, Amazon's value increased $11.5 mil per hour. Big difference.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So out of curiosity, I took Colorado's population (5.5M), the US population of 323.13M, the 2017 revenue to Colorado ($247M) and the very broad math with several assumptions (use in CO is representative nationwide, for example) suggests the same federal tax would produce $14.5 billion. Which is a laughable sum towards the trillions we spend on healthcare.

Also, simply raising the tax to a higher rate guarantees the number of people who continue to buy illicit (nontaxed) MJ would grow. Why buy $100 worth of taxed pot at a dispensary when $100 buys more on the street?
edit on 20-9-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

its been that way longer than a few decades . Most likely started around 1913

Touché.
A date that is discussed entirely too infrequently.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Just one of your examples, Jeff Bezos.

He made $11,500,000 per HOUR this year. You believe he only gets taxed on $80k a year?

You are discussing his valuation as though it is income. They aren't the same thing.

If you have a rare Spiderman comic that was worth $500k last year, but a new movie release increased it's market value valuation to $1.5M, you don't get taxed on your valuation even though you "made" $2700 a day that year doing nothing but breathing. You don't pay taxes on your valuation. You do get a capital gains tax if you sell it.
edit on 20-9-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

2 trillion a year in weed ? I think we can handle that. Count me in, I'm good for about $4000 to $6000 a year.

edit on 20-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: Greven

Taxes?

Jesus Christ.

It's brain damage. Has to be.
Nobody just chooses to become stupid of their own free will.

If you want to change things, quit working for "feudal lords" and start YOUR OWN business.

See that's what these "Feudal Lords" did, and it worked out great for them.

Economics is NOT A ZERO-SUM game.

POOR PEOPLE AREN'T POOR BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS RICH!

Kinda need money to do that.

Meanwhile...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join