It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Republican wins state Senate race in district held by Democrats for 139 years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So #walkaway is very real. texas just flipped a senate seat held be democrats for 139 years.

Let that sink in ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE years.

Texas also just passed voter ID laws. HMMM so no illegal or dead people votes. No wonder dems dont want voter ID laws.

139 years.

Republican candidate won a shocking victory Tuesday in Texas, capturing a state Senate seat that has been held by Democrats for 139 years -- and fizzling out Democrats’ “blue wave” aspirations to flip the Lone Star State.

www.foxnews.com...

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

But wait What about the blue wave?

The media keeps telling me we are going to have a blue wave.

Everyone knows that the media tells the truth.

This must be fake-news!

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The RedWave is continuing !!

"Smoke'em and vote"

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Also of note, Pete Flores is the name of the seat owner.

On another note:
The runoff election was held following the resignation of Democratic state Sen. Carlos Uresti, who was convicted of helping an oilfield service company he co-owned run a Ponzi scheme.

AND:
“Flores, a political newcomer competing against a seasoned former Democratic congressman, won in a district that is 73 percent Hispanic and African American – despite virtually all political analysts’ expectations,” Gingrich wrote in a column for Fox News, noting that Flores ran “a big choice campaign.”

That sounds familiar [despite virtually all political analysts’ expectations], doesn’t it??

I think I created a thread about Uresti’s arrest way back when.

Bye bye Uresti, Hello Flores!
edit on 3622x6736America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So flipping a state seat in a state that has voted consistently Red for decades is indicative of a Red Wave?

What does it mean when the Dems are overperforming by 17 points in every special election? What about the Virginia state elections where we saw more seats switch hands, to the Blue side, than any other time in history?

The hypocrisy is disgusting. We keep being told how the Dems performance isn't indicative of anything. The Republicans switch a single seat in a Red state and it's supposed to mean the Dems don't have the momentum going in to November?

F**k off.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

F**k off.

I think someone needs a hug.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So flipping a state seat in a state that has voted consistently Red for decades is indicative of a Red Wave?

What does it mean when the Dems are overperforming by 17 points in every special election? What about the Virginia state elections where we saw more seats switch hands, to the Blue side, than any other time in history?

The hypocrisy is disgusting. We keep being told how the Dems performance isn't indicative of anything. The Republicans switch a single seat in a Red state and it's supposed to mean the Dems don't have the momentum going in to November?

F**k off.

So the media and the polls are all telling you about the blue wave coming.

Like in 2016?

And you believe them again? How many times do you have to be fooled?

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think someone needs a hug.

I was thinking the same thing.

He seems really upset over all of this.

Maybe we should get together and buy him some crayons.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yet we are told that an establishment democrat being ousted by a challenger in the primary is indicative of a blue wave...

It is really stupid either way, every district can be changed up to the last hour of voting nothing should be considered a guarantee of anything till its done.

That said... 139 years the district was held by democrats, that's pretty shocking.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm not following the polls. I'm following election results. The Dems have been consistently overperforming and having a much larger voter retention rate. In special elections no less.

Apparently this doesn't actually mean anything to ATS though. What actually matters is a minor election in a Red state.

How delusional are you people?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Can't actually address the bulk of my post?

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It was called a blue wave when A democrat won the Alabama senate seat.

Soooo

F**k off.

You first?

edit on 20-9-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

From what I can tell it's only this specific chair that has been held by a Dem. Although I can't even find the history on that. The federal chairs have been held by Republicans for a long time.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Which was consistent with every other special election. The Dems were averaging a 17 point overperformance in multiple elections. That city brushed off as meaningless.

This is a single data point in a minor election. That's supposed to mean more than all the other data that has been collected over the past ~2 years?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Everyone either stoked or trigger as if either GOP or DNC winning elections is a good thing. Then in the next thread will lament what a detriment the Two Party's have been on our nation. Posers!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Which was consistent with every other special election. The Dems were averaging a 17 point overperformance in multiple elections. That city brushed off as meaningless.

This is a single data point in a minor election. That's supposed to mean more than all the other data that has been collected over the past ~2 years?

You keep saying over performing, and I keep seeing something like this

Now, we urge you to take plenty of caution when interpreting these results. They carry a lot of uncertainty — even more than is normally called for when extrapolating special elections to general elections — because the sample size for individual states is so much smaller. Think about how a poll’s margin of error is bigger for subsets of the overall sample;6 it’s the same principle.

Hmmmmmmmm. Wonder if any white buses have been spotted.

edit on 20-9-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The "blue wave" never existed.

Democrat leaders are now having death threats sent to S.C. nominee Brett Kavanaugh's wife and 2 little girls.

The "RED WAVE" is growing fast!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

About the usual trite reply of a liberal scorned

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

About the usual trite reply of an old man subdowning.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

But wait What about the blue wave?

It got flushed down the toilet where all crap goes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join