It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher ups at fbi may have kept two sets of books on investigation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
One more question that maybe we can get to the bottom of:

If Horowitz is in the middle of the Russia investigation review, as you've already mentioned, why is Trump declassifying documents that are most likely being covered in that investigation -- before it's even over?

Why not wait to see what it says if it's "so bad"?

This act reeks of desperation and it might even potentially get him in trouble for obstructing, instead of waiting to see what the IG says.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Because the American people have a right to see

Republicans have been saying they saw abuse, Dems say no

What’s wrong with transparency

What possibly could this do to hurt any investigation?

Why is it that when obama used his presidential authority to Kelso investigators from seeing documents that was ok

But trump using his authority to allow the public to see documents is obstruction ?

And we have already seen questionable things such as using paid oppo research that was unverified to spy on people around trumo team, using news stories in fisa applications, texts showing insurance policies being discussed, etc

I get you don’t have a problem with that and apparently feel that that info should not be released in full to the public, but many of us disagree and think it is a big deal

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I agree that we have a right to see.

All of it or select pages?

If it's all been seen and cleared by the Senate and whoever else investigated it, then why only release certain pages?

I'm all for transparency, you know I am; but I'm not seeing any of that here.

Release the full picture and I'll say -- sure, it's been cleared but if they want us to see it, I'll read it ALL. Not certain pages out of a whole stack that's already been vetted by the people that saw the whole picture.

Don't we agree on this? Transparency is transparency, let's see it all. Or let's call it what it is, distraction and political games.

_______

And no, simply declassifying docs is not obstruction. Declassifying only portions of what has already been cleared, in order to undermine an investigation into yourself, will most likely be seen as obstruction.

Unless... something extraordinary is released. But as I said, I don't think anything not previously seen will be released. So, Mueller is probably just sitting tight and waiting to see if this goes through so he can act on it. My honest opinion.

Lady beckons, must go watch a movie. Thanks for the talk, I know we had some misunderstanding earlier but I think we're on the same page at the end. We may not agree, but at least we're clearer on what each meant to say. Take care, Grambler.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I believe the Senate called for the declass back in march. If my understanding is correct based on what Trump said to Hannity the redacting is at the behest of two U.S. allies.

Why and how they would know what's there or care whether it was released I'll leave to you to opine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join