It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher ups at fbi may have kept two sets of books on investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

How would trump using his legal power to request documents the oversight committee asked for be released be obstruction of justice?

Was obama charged for claiming executive privilege over Eric holder documents in fast and furious?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

How would trump using his legal power to request documents the oversight committee asked for be released be obstruction of justice?

Was obama charged for claiming executive privilege over Eric holder documents in fast and furious?

I don't know if you remember a thread I made a cpl weeks ago about Trump being silly and eventually getting himself in trouble for doing what others ask for?

Just because some nincompoops in Congress asked for it does not make it right. The IG went over all these documents and found nothing wrong, the Senate panels, that have clearances, did the same and said the same.

Only a small group keeps pushing Trump into doing the wrong thing, over and over. Over the last few days, I am starting to doubt whose side those guys are on -- they could intentionally be setting him up to fail by making these unprecedented requests that he seems to be falling for, out of desperation.

Do you think Obama's and Trump's situations are the same? Are you aware Trump is in an ongoing investigation for obstruction of justice, and there was no Special Counsel into Obama, even with a Republican Senate and Congress?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Show me proof the IG went over these and found nothing wrong.

The IG released a report about the Hillary investigation where he did find things wrong, but that has nothing at all to do with any of the documents trump is requesting

Trump isn’t even named as a suspect officially yet as faanother as I know

He is a target as much as obama was in fast and furious, and obama interjected (obstructed Justice) by using his authority to keep law makers from seeing holders documents

edit on 20-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No but then again other than being on ATS that news never hit the airwaves no MSM covered it if my memory serves me correct.
edit on 20-9-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
From what I have seen, the Government is at the very bottom level of power. Even if we jailed ALL of them, why is nobody going after the real players up top? I am sure they can find what I am talking about should they visit maybe Britain, the Vatican, maybe 13 families I dunno.....Soros.. It's like the classic CIA operation, where the handler uses a patsy to do all the work while never being connected to answer for the crimes.

Until the top falls, the bottom will just be replaced. The faces we see are shallow state, not even close to the real deep state.

ETA: Not trying to sound hopeless, I guess this is good news too, but I don't think it will ever change anything at this rate.
edit on 20-9-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Sean Hannity is in Las Vegas with President Trump for a rally tonight. He said he will break some important news regarding this FBI double books thing. A live interview with the president will occur as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Show me proof the IG went over these and found nothing wrong.

The IG released a report about the Hillary investigation where he did find things wrong, but that has nothing at all to do with any of the documents trump is requesting

Trump isn’t even named as a suspect officially yet as faanother as I know

He is a target as much as obama was in fast and furious, and obama interjected (obstructed Justice) by using his authority to keep law makers from seeing holders documents

Here it is, it's 568 pages long and I did not read ALL of it but I read a large portion when it came out.

It deals with Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page... all the stuff that's being declassified, including the text messages behind some of those.

pdf

The Senate panel investigated the FISA warrants and unanimously said there was no impropriety, they had cause for it. It also proved that Nunes lied about the FBI misleading about getting the warrants.

It does not, however, stop the handful of Congressmen from continuing the charade. And they're digging Trump in deeper and deeper, as there is an actual investigation into his obstruction of justice. You're right in saying that no charges have been filed yet, but that's because it's an ongoing investigation - charges come at the end.

edit on 20-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

If you read the IG report and thought it was about the Russia investigation you are horribly mistaken

I don’t know what more there is to say

The facts are clear it wasn’t about the Russia investigation at all

And there is plenty to evidence of wrong doing by the fbi, that’s why so many have been fired and people like McCabe are being investigated

But of course someone who can’t admit the IG report was not about the Russia investigation would believe the fbi did nothing wrong

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Grambler, I don't understand your need to say this did not handle both. I don't know what to tell you either. Except, read the report.

Trump wants to declassify all the text messages between all these same people listed in this report. Do you think it will be a different set of text messages?

If you even read the summary of the IG report you'd know that it touches on the Russia investigation as well, and all the texts between Page and Strzok were reviewed as well. Here is a snippet from the report:

In assessing the decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the Midyear -related investigative lead discovered on the Weiner laptop, we were particularly concerned about text messages sent by Strzok and Page that potentially indic ated or created the appearance that investigative decisions they made were impacted by bias or improper considerations. Most of the text messages raising such questions pertained to the Russia investigation, and the implication in some of these text messa ges, particularly Strzok’s August 8 text message (“we’ll stop” candidate Trump from being elected), was that Strzok might be willing to take official action to impact a presidential candidate’s electoral prospects.

I don't know why you're trying to put me down when it's apparent you did not spend time reading the report and are probably going off of what you heard the report was about.

The Hillary investigation, Russia conspiracy, text messages between all these people -- it's all connected. Between this report and the FISA Senate Panel, everything that will be declassified has already been reviewed and vetted.

What I originally said is this -- if nothing comes out of this release, and it most likely won't since bipartisan efforts already went through it all, then Trump will be in deep doo-doo for obstructing an investigation into him. And maybe he realized that and this is just a desperate Hail Mary.

We'll see soon enough.

One this is for certain, no one innocent would be putting this much energy and anger into putting a stop to an investigation into them. If I were in his shoes and had nothing to hide, I'd focus on my work and D.C. can play their games -- I'm clean. His attempts to put a stop to it will show why that is soon enough.

edit on 20-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

"Trump wants to declassify all the text messages between all these same people listed in this report. Do you think it will be a different set of text messages?"

Why would text messages on a unclassified device be classified?

Makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I am not putting you down

You are just grossly misinformed

The IG report was on the Hillary investigation period

The IG is now doing a report on the Russia investigation, but his report has not came out yet

I have read it

You claim to have to

All I can say is that you are flat out wrong

Please, I implore even people on the left to speak up and tell you you are wrong

I have to bow out of this discussion because you are reading the exact same material as me and seeing something comoletely different

ETA, perhaps the ig’s Own words will convince you

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz on Monday emphasized that the detailed, heavily critical report that his office issued last week does not levy judgment on special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the Trump campaign’s alleged ties to Russia.

Although Horowitz carefully declined to directly contradict President Trump’s claim that the report “exonerates” him, he noted that it “does not touch on the Russia investigation

thehill.com...
edit on 20-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

"Trump wants to declassify all the text messages between all these same people listed in this report. Do you think it will be a different set of text messages?"

Why would text messages on a unclassified device be classified?

Makes no sense.

Because they are a part of a federal investigation?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Might make them LES sensitive but that's about it.

Bureau Blackberry's are unclassified.

People are told explicitly that the devices are for government use. Although most people use them for personal calls and texts, technically you are not supposed to.

They also tell you when issued, that they are subject to monitoring and that emails and texts are retained on the Enterprise server as well as the local device.

Deleting them from the device would be pointless.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I don't think you completely understand what I was talking about. We all know that the report did not focus on the Russia investigation, and actually I believe a quote similar to what you just said was a part of one of my fact checks.

What I am saying is that the documents being asked to be declassified were also reviewed as a part of this investigation. Horowitz did not enter an opinion on the Russia investigation, but he absolutely had access to all the same stuff that is being released now.

Can you see the distinction? And if you go back and read what I said, I never claimed otherwise. I never said the investigation into Russia has been done, I said the documents being released were already seen by both the IG and the Senate panel.

Unless you are saying there will be new text messages no one has seen yet? Something new between Page and Strzok? Some new statements by Ohr or Steele that Senate hasn't seen yet. Some new FISA pages that the Senate has not seen?

Is that the case?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The IG has not released his statements on the texts in regards to the Russia investigation

I don’t believe his report mentions the fisa warrant, the work of ohr, or texts from any of the people involved regarding the surveillance of trumps team

Yet you claim the IG found nothing wrong

So again I ask, please show me where the IG has ever commented in these texts about the Russia investigation let alone said they showed nothing wrong

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The IG has not released his statements on the texts in regards to the Russia investigation

I don’t believe his report mentions the fisa warrant, the work of ohr, or texts from any of the people involved regarding the surveillance of trumps team

So again I ask, please show me where the IG has ever commented in these texts about the Russia investigation let alone said they showed nothing wrong

No he does not cover Ohr or FISA, that is the Senate panel -- that is the very reason why I was careful to include both those when I talk about this. Between the IG and the bipartisan Senate panel, there will be nothing in there that hasn't already been vetted.

Right?

Or are we expecting something new that a bipartisan panel or the IG haven't already seen?

edit on 20-9-2018 by Kharron because: clarify a thought

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

No he does not cover Ohr or FISA, that is the Senate panel -- that is the very reason why I was careful to include both those when I talk about this. Between the IG and the bipartisan Senate panel, there will be nothing in there that hasn't already been vetted.

Right?

Or are we expecting something new that a bipartisan panel or the IG haven't already seen?

I don’t know

What does that have to do with your claim that the IG looked at these and found nothing wrong?

You acknowledge he didn’t discuss the Russia investigation in his report, so where did you read this?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Right?

I don’t know

What does that have to do with your claim that the IG looked at these and found nothing wrong?

You acknowledge he didn’t discuss the Russia investigation in his report, so where did you read this?

Because he's the frickin' IG of the USA. It's his job.

His role is to detect fraud, abuse, any kind of mismanagement, theft, lying etc. If he finds anything of that sort it's his duty to refer it to the appropriate agency for investigation.

The fact that this investigation is still being referred to as a 'witch hunt' with no tangible proof that it is would imply the IG found nothing of that sort in the text messages being released, or Trump would be tweeting about it for months now.

Same applies to the Senate panel, if they found anything of that sort with Ohr or Steele or FISA, or Trump would have been debriefed already and, no doubt, we'd all know by now.

That neither of those things happened tells me this is just further distraction. I don't think anything will come out of the release, except people will fume and argue for weeks over crap that's been known and cleared already by whatever party saw it.

I don't know, man. We'll see.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Right?

I read it right in the report. The text messages between Paige and Strzok that Trump has requested be declassified as a part of this document release were part of the IG report. If there was something in those other than what we've already learned about we'd know.

Carter Page, Ohr, Steele and FISA material was seen by the Senate.

I can't remember what else he wants declassified but that pretty much covers it.

One question for you -- do you believe there will be stuff released that the Senate, or the IG (such as texts), have not already seen? Is there any talk that something new will come up?

edit on 20-9-2018 by Kharron because: Paige, not Page

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Right?

I read it right in the report. The text messages between Paige and Strzok that Trump has requested be declassified as a part of this document release were part of the IG report. If there was something in those other than what we've already learned about we'd know.

Carter Page, Ohr, Steele and FISA material was seen by the Senate.

I can't remember what else he wants declassified but that pretty much covers it.

One question for you -- do you believe there will be stuff released that the Senate, or the IG (such as texts), have not already seen? Is there any talk that something new will come up?

Again I don’t know

The IG never said there was nothing wrong with the texts, he never mentioned the fisa warrant, not any texts from people like ohr

So again, I don’t see where you are getting he said nothing was wrong

On the contrary he said the texts of strzok that he did discuss showed a bias that he was willing to use his job to act in, and was deeply disturbing

He also said that he was not condfident that this bias did not affect strzok a decision to sit on the wiener laptop in favor of going after the Russia investigation

And that was just with the few texts he discussed in the report

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join