It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Army Told to Fire at Intruding Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
things are heating up in Pakistan!!!!!
read my other post here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

February 22, 2005
By Khalid Hasan
Daily Times

Washington: Pakistan has issued new rules of engagement permitting its Army to fire at US forces that cross the border from Afghanistan without coordinating first, according to a report contributed to the magazine ‘American Conservative’ by a former CIA officer.

Philip Giraldi, now an international security consultant and writer of intelligence matters, writes in the February 28 issue of the magazine’s ‘Deep Background’ column that “President Musharraf has been receiving angry reports from his military that US forces have been engaging in hot pursuit across the border in violation of bilateral agreements.

www.dailytimes.com.pk...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
OK, hot pursuit missions...

EEERRRR Pakistanis to try and take out uS Forces....ok.... I think i need a lay down a minute.

This isgetting stupid. I thought they had come to an agreement that they could chase terrorists into Pakistan? and that it was in the benifit of both countries? Oh well, seems like Pakistan is just showing its true colours after all this time.

They are a country of two faced terrorist sympathisers, who will hide bin Laden till the end of time, if it meant protecting a Muslim brother....

You look at the years this has been going on, the fact that an Afghani can cross and cross time again with no harrasment, yet a genuine uS mission is to be shot at???

Sit a mile from the border, with a Predator / Global hawk team armed with hell fires, and follow the terrorists that way.... if that fails, long range alcm time.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here's the ATSNN thread on the same story.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't blame the Pakistanis at all, any country should be able to fire warning shots at foreign troops crossing their border without approval or coordination with their military.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's their country, their land, they should be able to shoot at any military force that crosses their borders without proper permissions.

j

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
if thats the case we have way more reason to be in Pakistan than Iraq. this whole thing get more ridiculous every day

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalmessiah
if thats the case we have way more reason to be in Pakistan than Iraq. this whole thing get more ridiculous every day

Ok but if the situation was reversed and Pakistan were chasing 'suspected' criminals that fled to America, would it then be ok for Pakistan to pour armed military forces onto American soil without permission to look for them?

Sound ridiculous? Of course it is, Pakistan have every right to take the action they are currently taking, for I seriously doubt that Pakistani civilians want to see American military forces with guns roaming around their neighborhoods.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well if the US has to chase terrorits killers into paki land. It means that paki soilder's are nothing anything to secure their borders.

Then again the land is the jail and the border' is steel bar with the door opened.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruth123
Well if the US has to chase terrorits killers into paki land. It means that paki soilder's are nothing anything to secure their borders.

Then again the land is the jail and the border' is steel bar with the door opened.

...this makes no sense. How could you disagree with johnny redburn's argument? He's saying that you have to apply the same standards on yourself that you apply to others. I don't get how anyone could disagree with this.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
How dare they shoot at Americans on their side of the border, dont they know that the world police and in town?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo

Pakistan is just showing its true colours after all this time.

Yes, as a sovereign nation with the right to defend aginst UNWANTED intrusions into it's territory.

They are a country of two faced terrorist sympathisers, who will hide bin Laden till the end of time, if it meant protecting a Muslim brother....

This is what brotherhood is. It is a wonderful thing whereby people protect and honour each other instead of trying to screw each other over.

You look at the years this has been going on, the fact that an Afghani can cross and cross time again with no harrasment, yet a genuine US mission is to be shot at???

Well some people show friendship towards their neighbours.

Sit a mile from the border, with a Predator / Global hawk team armed with hell fires, and follow the terrorists that way.... if that fails, long range alcm time.

How long would it be before someone returned fire? Eventually your forces will pick a fight with a professional and well supplied enemy who will make them look like the amateurs they are.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What if they are just doing this to call attention to the situation. Maybe they just want to work out an agreement?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think Pakistan is just trying to show that they are in control of their country and their borders. Musharraf said Al-Qaeda is in disarray on the Afghan border, after this report, kind of suggests that he wants the US to know that they are handling things their way and don't want a US presence which will probably just antagonize the tribal people in the border area.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is hot air. They are not going to shot any american troops. This report just seems strange to me.

new topics

top topics

join