It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christine Blasey-Fords high-school yearbooks were scrubbed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Nothing beats personal experience. That is where people come up with this stuff.

As somebody with 25 years of near daily experience (not with polygraphs), this doesn't even pass the smell test for me. From what I know of the science, it doesn't add up either. When THC activates CB1 receptors, blood pressure goes down (blood vessels dilating) which leads to an increase in heart rate to offset the decrease in pressure. That could be somewhat helpful in certain situations when getting a baseline I suppose but I think it's equally likely to work against a goal of fooling a polygraph.

Then there's the whole norepinephrine rebound effect which can cause cortisol release (and increased heart rate) which ultimately makes some people anxious, sometimes VERY anxious to the point of paranoia. And of course there's a ton of factors here from one's own physiology, experience/tolerance, dose and content/ratio of the countless compounds involved and circumstances. Circumstances are big. You might feel nice and calm watching Netflix with a nice big bowl of Cocoa Pebbles on your couch, but if you don't have any milk and you have to run out to the store and a cop is following you whole the way home, it's a little more difficult to maintain that calm.

I think taking a polygraph and knowing you're lying about infidelity probably makes most people nervous and more disoriented which is going to cause a snowball effect which is only going to exacerbate the strength and duration of involuntarily physical reactions.

I'm not buying it at all but I tell you what, I'll read up on the topic and get back to you.

But Ante, let’s pretend I’m wrong (but I’m not). In your need to be right you totally destroyed the polygraphs validity. The only shred of cred the Democrats have in this pathetic debauchle. That’s a trick I learned from Trump.

I don't have an opinion about whether or not this woman is being truthful and accurately recalls the details of the event if it transpired. Have you seen me opine one way or the other much less talk up the polygraph?

I'm also not in the habit of concealing information to win an argument. I'm the one who tracked down the cached page confirming the validity of the images from the blog if you'll notice. If you want to say that she could have taken a substance to defeat a polygraph, I'm not going to argue that it's not something that people do or that there's not some drugs which might make it easier.

I just don't believe pot is something that would be effective.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

trump is willing to release classified information but refuses to release the 100,000 documents on Kavanaugh.

bless his heart.

They have released more documents on Kavanaugh than the last 5 SE judges combined. What 100,000 documents you talking about?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So just a couple of ways...

1. Put a tack in you shoes so that at a certain point you feel a slight pain when you press on it and on every question right or wrong give yourself a poke and you will have the same baseline with lies or truths.

2. Ask a question to yourself in your head after every question they ask. Lets say your name is Joe.

1. they ask...Did you kill her...
2. In your head ask... is my name John
3. Say No out loud... You answered the question in your head correctly...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

As somebody with 25 years of near daily experience (not with polygraphs), this doesn't even pass the smell test for me. From what I know of the science, it doesn't add up either. When THC activates CB1 receptors, blood pressure goes down (blood vessels dilating) which leads to an increase in heart rate to offset the decrease in pressure. That could be somewhat helpful in certain situations when getting a baseline I suppose but I think it's equally likely to work against a goal of fooling a polygraph.

We know she is a left wing activist, so that can show some intent to suggest she is not 100% honest, but as I said before her being a psychologist gives me concerns that she is a professional in that system and most likely can manipulate anything she wants to meet some left activist agenda.

Another option is she is not lying and Kavanaugh did not do what she is saying with both being correct. With this whole #meto movement it has generated a good number of people (male/female) to have a desire to be part of the movement. This is why we have been seeing many cases of extremely weak reporting of incidences that at most can be categorized loosely as minor inappropriate acts.

As example: A male model back in early 80s said that Takei tried to grab his crotch... We been seeing this over and over...and with Ford she could have easily convinced herself of a false memory of something she hardly has a memory of.

edit on 20-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I remember during the Clarence Thomas debacle when he was being dragged through the mud in that "hi-tech lynching" of the "uppity black man" (his words, or very close), a reportress on ... pretty sure it was CNN ... proclaiming that what was important was "the weight of her accusations." Not the truth. Not the veracity. The weight.

Some of us are tired of this crap.

This woman's accusations carry a lot of weight, like a ton of bovine fecal matter. I don't see much provable validity here.
:

Exactly right.

I'm still unsure of what exactly she's accusing him of. Groping or rape?

Here's a crazy theory that just occurred to me: What if, she being an activist liberal, regrets now what she did (if anything) with Kavanaugh after finding out what kind of man he became, which is the antithesis of her belief system.

Think Lena Dunham.
edit on 20-9-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So just a couple of ways...

1. Put a tack in you shoes so that at a certain point you feel a slight pain when you press on it and on every question right or wrong give yourself a poke and you will have the same baseline with lies or truths.

2. Ask a question to yourself in your head after every question they ask. Lets say your name is Joe.

1. they ask...Did you kill her...
2. In your head ask... is my name John
3. Say No out loud... You answered the question in your head correctly...

I've heard about that tack method, supposed to work great. I've also heard drugs like Inderal help and some people are just such hardened liars they can pass.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

All I can tell you is they both smoked before the test, they both passed, one of them was lying, and the lady who has done polygraphs professionally for 30 odd years told me if they were stoned they would pass. After the fact by the way. I wouldnt have fronted the money otherwise. Science also says you can’t beat a hair follicle test but I know from personal experience you can. I have done so many times. I wasn’t always a nurse.

edit on 20-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

No I haven’t seen you opine about the polygraph test or this woman. I just have a feeling that if Kavanaugh was a Democrat and Ford was republican
you would have different responses in this thread. Again just personal experience.
edit on 20-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Another option is she is not lying and Kavanaugh did not do what she is saying with both being correct. With this whole #meto movement it has generated a good number of people (male/female) to have a desire to be part of the movement. This is why we have been seeing many cases of extremely weak reporting of incidences that at most can be categorized loosely as minor inappropriate acts.

As example: A male model back in early 80s said that Takei tried to grab his crotch... We been seeing this over and over...and with Ford she could have easily convinced herself of a false memory of something she hardly has a memory of.

It sounded to me like she forgot about the whole thing until she got involved with this therapist. Sometimes I think therapist can actually create false memories or at least encourage elaboration of a dim or hazy memory by focusing upon it and pressing her to discuss it in greater detail.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe in your world, but in my world young men were taught not to touch women unless they were invited.a reply to: howtonhawky

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: toms54

Maybe slander

Given that she specifically made the accusations for the expressed purpose of damaging his career and appointment, I would think the penalties if she were found to have lied would be exponentially worse than someone just talking trash generally.

She is definitely not being well advised by her attorney... Which may be her best defense if Kavanaugh does file suit.

I think it would be easy to demonstrate malice.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The only thing I can add is for those talking about the polygraph. Polygraphs can be easily beaten if under the influence of narcotics. Smoke a joint before the test and pass.

It would also help to be a sociopath.

Or maybe a used car salesman. Maybe a lawyer.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

All I can tell you is they both smoked before the test, they both passed, one of them was lying, and the lady who has done polygraphs professionally for 30 odd years told me if they were stoned they would pass. After the fact by the way. I wouldnt have fronted the money otherwise. Science also says you can’t beat a hair follicle test but I know from personal experience you can. I have done so many times. I wasn’t always a nurse.

One of them could have had Chlamydia years before they met, so unless they were both virgins...Many times there is no symptoms, so women have it 3 or 4 times more per 100,000 than men.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

" Thoughts? "

Geez , I dunno If I Believe this Story . I Remember High School Girls as just being Icky ! Playboys were WAY Better than Dem..............

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

It sounded to me like she forgot about the whole thing until she got involved with this therapist. Sometimes I think therapist can actually create false memories or at least encourage elaboration of a dim or hazy memory by focusing upon it and pressing her to discuss it in greater detail.

This is not a "sometimes I think" it is a real problem that therapist need to constantly be careful of. It is extremely easy to create false memories. People also want false memories too at times.

I remember a case where a dad was accused of raping his daughter over a period of years and it was all false memories brought on by the therapist and only due to the fact that her dad was not physically there for many of those years he could have been convicted of it all.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I'm still unsure of what exactly she's accusing him of. Groping or rape?.

I think actually neither... She said he was pulling at her bathing suit as they wrestled on the bed and put his hand over her mouth is all I have heard. After a very short period of time Judge laughed and jumped on both and that was the end of it all.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ah , that Happened to me Once . Saturday , June 12Th , 1979 , at 1115 PM . I was so Wasted Man , but Believe it or Not , I Remember it Like it was Yesterday ............)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

One of them could have had Chlamydia years before they met, so unless they were both virgins...Many times there is no symptoms, so women have it 3 or 4 times more per 100,000 than men.

That could’ve been the case. No one stopped to think maybe they were asymptomatic. When the girl realized she had it, the sh!t hit the fan. And no both were far from virgins. Both scuzzy, but you prolly put that together from the backstory.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ah , that Happened to me Once . Saturday , June 12Th , 1979 , at 1115 PM . I was so Wasted Man , but Believe it or Not , I Remember it Like it was Yesterday ............)

Maybe with enough therapy we can turn this into a sexual assault case...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Both scuzzy, but you prolly put that together from the backstory.

Lol to be honest I bet it was the girl...guys tend to get a drip that leaves spots in their undies...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

The only thing I can add is for those talking about the polygraph. Polygraphs can be easily beaten if under the influence of narcotics. Smoke a joint before the test and pass.

It would also help to be a sociopath.

Or maybe a used car salesman. Maybe a lawyer.

We both know being a sociopath is a prerequisite for both

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join