It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juanita Broaddrick is right about Kavanaugh allegations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
I truly hope this DESTROYS Ford's life.

Hopefully, then it will cause others to think twice about turning very serious accusations into a political three ring circus.

Sour, due to the political nature of this your reaction was my first reaction as well.

But in all fairness, Dr. Ford did not want to publicize or "make a big deal" out of the allegations. It was Diane Feinstein who usurped her promise of confidentiality to Ford, and revealed the letter while simultaneously leaking her name to the press.

To be completely fair, she is not the one trying to make a "federal case" out of this. Diane Feinstein had her letter for some time now, and has sat on it intentionally in an effort to derail the nomination. She is essentially playing a very bad hand in a half-way decent fashion - only problem is this isn't cards, and the game she's playing involves Judge Kavanaugh's reputation and Dr. Ford's apparent safety

I look forward to the results of the Senate's due diligence in this matter, and strongly believe Kavanaugh's confirmation will continue unimpeded. That said, there is always the chance Dr. Ford's allegations are being misconstrued or even intentionally misrepresented by Diane Feinstein for political reasons

I will say that the death threats being made are completely unacceptable and does nothing to advance the interest of justice. Realistically, if Dr. Ford has evidence of a crime (within the statute of limitations) she should take it to any law enforcement officer in that jurisdiction and file a criminal complaint. There is no federal law against sexual assault or rape, and the federal government has no jurisdiction in this matter outside basic "due diligence" required of the Senate for a President's nominee

But I do understand the impulse to blame Ford here. The allegations were timed with obvious political ends. But it gets fuzzy after that, because it is clear Feinstein is the actor politicizing the allegations and using them as a blunt instrument of political attack
edit on 9/20/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I respect your point of view, but I stand behind my statement.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

When Anita Hill brought forth accusations against Clarence Thomas, before she even was in DC, the FBI started an investigation, to get statements and the truth of the matter.

The way that this is being handled does not seem right. The FBI should be gotten involved, and then interviewed her, and any and all who can state what all they know about this, then report to the senate and then have her flown out to testify infront of the senate, just like Anita Hill.

But one other thing has come up.

Why are we even questioning this woman who has made this accusation, and not the thousands of men who had waited 40 to 60 years to report that a priest molested them? Why are those men believed, more readily than this one woman, or any who are making an accusation against a public figure? Why are those men entitled to an investigation, and not her?

You don't see any difference between one person with a motive making an accusation that they won't back up with facts and thousands of people pointing the finger at the same place over the course of decades??

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

I understand, I can appreciate that

It is a really bad situation no matter how you look at it

<< 1  2   >>

join