It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloned woolly mammoths will roam Siberia again within a decade, region head predicts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They should bring back dinosaurs actually, just to be safe they can clone them on a island so they won't mess with the general public.

What could go wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: MteWamp

"Who is really stupid enough to do this?"

Humanity.

Hehe. Not the smart ones....

"Didn't any of these idiots see Jurassic Park?"

You mean the Holywood movie? Yes, but whats your point?

That part was a joke. Sorry you missed it.

"What does religion have to do with it?"

That depends on a few factors really and religions.

Does it? Really? In the real world?
Seriously?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And, for the record, that's the coolest avatar picture I've seen in a while.

I was completely hooked for the first few posts.

All I saw was a big, fat, pink, dirty butt.

Kudos. Stars too.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Humans made them extinct so it is only fair that we bring them back.

Dinosaurs are a different story, they would f stuff up.

See? That's how it starts.

You know this for a fact? There are idjits all over the world that actually believe in AGW. Most of THEM went to "university" too.

Every "prediction" Al gore made since he came off the tit has been wrong.

You are the first person I know of besides Bobby Singer on Supernatural to you the word idjit.

If we can do something then we should but only in a futuristic holographic computer so we don't screw to much up.

We should wait. Is that a better answer?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I figure, why not, pretty damned cool. Though, despite the worry for general concern of possible negative aspects from them alone. Illegal hunting of them will probably factor in much more.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Who is really stupid enough to do this?"

Humanity.

"Didn't any of these idiots see Jurassic Park?"

You mean the Holywood movie? Yes, but whats your point?

"What does religion have to do with it?"

That depends on a few factors really and religions.

And, if I may, a few idjits in a lab that are so educated that they can't stick their finger up their a## with both hands is not "humanity".

They are just idjits in a lab.

Idjits in a lab != "humanity".

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You know this for a fact? There are idjits all over the world that actually believe in AGW. Most of THEM went to "university" too.

You are the first person I know of besides Bobby Singer on Supernatural to you the word idjit.

If we can do something then we should but only in a futuristic holographic computer so we don't screw to much up.

It's a common term in the former Confederacy, and obviously in the Dakotas, at least according to the "Supernatural" bible.

I'm fine with the whole holodeck scenario. I just wish I could live long enough to see something like that come to fruition, hehe.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

One species wipes out another. Natural order.

I seriously beg to differ, not when things are in a natural balance, but man has destroyed the natural balance.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

But, just the fact that you know "Supernatural' mythology is cool. Especially since it's been years since Bobby was around.

And just so you know, the whole "leviathian" thing was the suckiest story line in recent history. I mean, are you KIDDING me?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

One species wipes out another. Natural order.

I seriously beg to differ, not when things are in a natural balance, but man has destroyed the natural balance.

Yeah...Umm. Just No.

So, and feel free to correct me if I'm out of line, but that would mean that you think "Man" is unnatural, yes?

Not that I disagree, although, of course, I do disagree, but I would assume that you mean that "Man" (No offense to all the Chicks out there, I love each and every one of you) is the villain in your play because we are supposed to "Know right from wrong", yes?

Or would you blame ANY bipedal primate descendant for mucking up all the works? Hypothetically, I mean.

How would you define "Natural Balance" (your words), and why is it that you feel that we are not actually just as much a part of it as any other beast that evolved on this planet?

I'm not messing with you, my friend, I just think it's interesting. If I come off as condescending, it's not intentional, it's just because I'm old(ish), and really pissed because I don't have nice hair any more.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I've always thought the same way.

I definitely consider a city or a car to be as much a part of 'nature' as an ant hill or a bird nest.

A product produced by a natural species of this planet, using the natural rescources of this planet. Doesn't get any more natural than that. Human induced extinctions are most definitely natural, just like virus induced extinctions or evn bird induced extinctions.

Human induced climate change? Natural.

Surely any impact caused by a natural species going about it's natural habits can ONLY be considered natural. I think so anyway. "Human-induced" does not mean "un-natural" or anything even remotely close. Humans are as much a part of nature as the moss on a tree, the tidal pull of the moon, the mammoths in Siberia or the magma under the crust.

Anything and everything we do, is natural.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Seems to me just about everything in today's world, and yesterdays, for that matter, has some form of religious connotations or undertone at play.

Unfortunately the real world and what we do in it is still influenced by organised religious practice, hence the reason there are far more believers than there are atheists doing the rounds.

The smart ones are indeed the people who will bring about technologies such as this simply down to the fact that humanity does not create tools that we do not use.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Kinda dumb to bring back a species that died of starvation.

Is this the new form of scientific cruelty?

Can you imagine starving to death then having someone remake you so that you could relive your nightmare allover again.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

That's not how it works.

You would not be the same animal hence the nightmare would be brand new.

Different experience you see.
edit on 20-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

yea i am thinkin your being an ass....

there is still the question of food for such creatures.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

If they can bring back a Mammoth they can bring back plants that they eat i imagine.

Not being an ass, simple fact is just because you are a genetic copy dont mean you have the same memory or experience.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Soon as they are let loose, they'll all be shot dead by rich yanks.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes...Ooo ahhh.....That's how it always starts...
Later there's running and screaming.
Ian Malcolm...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join