It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Jeff Sessions still have a job?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Trump rips into Jeff Sessions: 'I don't have an Attorney General'

www.msn.com...

Why doesn't Trump fire him?

He seems totally ineffectual and I can't for the life of me figure out why he hasn't been fired.

please anyone's opinion welcome.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Maybe its all part of the plan?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He knows best when to delegate duties to. So far, his delegations of Sessions is prime time for the news to keep spin'n away from all the bs that is going on in America.
Have you notice that married couples with part time jobs now work between 3 or even 4 different jobs these days.
Also the very high rents in all areas of America. More people today are living from pay check to pay check and just about 2 to 6 weeks away from not having a roof over ones head. The number of children still living with their parents and most importantly, the number of people that want to join the military. It's not easy to join the military these days.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
During his confirmation hearings Sessions said he would recuse himself from the Russian investigation. For a while I thought he was staying true to his word.

Now I think when he planted that seed it was a calculated move .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Sessions has Trump's Tax Returns.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Most likely Trump is waiting for the midterms to be over.
That is just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Maybe its all part of the plan?

Remember these words ATS.
THE PLAN

1. FISA is unredacted showing Rosenstein as a criminal, and Mueller as illegal.
2. Sessions un-recuses himself.
3. Sessions fires Rosenstein.
4. Sessions and Huber begin indicting and cleaning house in earnest. (18 top people have been fired thus far, but its just the tip of the iceberg.)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Because Trump likes to say one thing and do another. It would also show he made a bad choice and he looses a scapegoat.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Fire him for what?

I don't like Sessions' personal views and I don't like the laws he has been enacting and enforcing, but I understand they are not his laws and his edicts -- that's all Cheetolini.

As far as him doing his job, he is not any more effective, nor less effective than any other AG has been. He is applying the laws to enforce Trump's policies on immigration, travel bans, drugs etc. -- he's a law enforcer, not a law creator.

What has he not done legally that he should be fired for?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If Trump fires Sessions then a new AG would need to go through confirmation. If you think the Kavanaugh confirmation is bad, a new AG right now would be quite a bit worse.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If Trump fired him there would be a shlt storm til November, that's why.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
If Trump fires Sessions then a new AG would need to go through confirmation. If you think the Kavanaugh confirmation is bad, a new AG right now would be quite a bit worse.

Hence why his job is secured through November.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Because Trump likes to say one thing and do another. It would also show he made a bad choice and he looses a scapegoat.

Don't most people in politics say one thing and do the opposite?
It seems like it is mandatory to not represent the people who voted for you based on what you tell them you are going to do.
It's like a running joke that you can't believe a politician, but it's not really funny when it is actually true most of the time.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Trump complains about the man but keeps him.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Because some people fell for the notion Trump was not a politician, was a an outsider, straight shooter..etc, etc

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
During his confirmation hearings Sessions said he would recuse himself from the Russian investigation.

Are you sure about that?

During his confirmation hearing Sessions said he would recuse himself from an investigation of Hillary Clinton, but I'm not sure he was asked about the "Russian investigation". That's because at the time of his confirmation the fact that there was a Russian investigation was still classified and not admitted to in public.

In fact, I believe that Sessions (and Trump) didn't learn about the existence of the Russian investigation until after he became AG. At that point, the lawyers in the front office of the DOJ had to inform him that he had to recuse himself because he was a member of the campaign and transition team and, therefore, a potential suspect. If he had insisted on heading up the still classified Counter Intelligence Russian investigation he would have been violating DOJ policy and probably exposed himself to obstruction of justice charges. Sessions is enough of a lawyer to realize all that and he chose to follow the DOJ policy and the law. Good for him.

If this interpretation is right, then it makes no sense for Trump to complain about Sessions recusing himself, since neither of them knew ahead of time that a Counter Intelligence investigation was in progress. Of course, making sense and obeying the law is not Trump's strong suit, in my opinion.

If Trump were to fire Sessions without some strong evidence of wrongdoing on Sessions' part while there is still an open investigation into Trump by the Special Counsel, it would strengthen the case against Trump for obstruction of justice.

Also, I believe that McConnell has informed Trump that if he fires Sessions, the Senate is not going to confirm anyone else for the job, at least during this Senate session. That would make Rod Rosenstein the acting AG for the foreseeable future. Effectively, the Senate is leaning heavily on Trump to not fire Sessions.

After Mueller comes forward with his report on both the Counter Intelligence investigation and the obstruction of justice investigation, then the game changes and Trump can fire Sessions if he wants to and it probably won't have any effect on Trump's guilt or innocence.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Popcorn at the ready for the Kabuki Show! Session, the Silent Executioner!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Yup positive

Sessions tangled with Democratic senators over his testimony during his confirmation hearing in January, when he told panel members that he "had no communications" with Russian officials during the campaign.

In March, The Washington Post reported that Sessions had met with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak twice during the campaign. Sessions then recused himself from the probe into Russian interference in the election after the meetings were revealed.

My bad it was just after the hearings.

www.npr.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: 1947boomer

Yup positive

Sessions tangled with Democratic senators over his testimony during his confirmation hearing in January, when he told panel members that he "had no communications" with Russian officials during the campaign.

In March, The Washington Post reported that Sessions had met with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak twice during the campaign. Sessions then recused himself from the probe into Russian interference in the election after the meetings were revealed.

My bad it was just after the hearings.

www.npr.org...

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Funny why do these supposed quotes only happen on select liberal rags?the liberals are afraid of Sessions,Trump is letting him do his own thing,poster sounds like one hick from midwest,trying to argue the facts,indicting a ex president and Sec of state,when half of congress are commies

new topics

<<   2 >>

join