It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best place to get a good price on a tv?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
what do you think?

seems like everyone i talk to in real life says go here or go there.

so i figure i would ask here

not looking for the best tv around. just looking for a decent tv at a good price.

so far man it looks like wal mart is probably the spot

www.walmart.com...

Sharp 55" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160p) HDR Smart LED TV

so right now price is what i am most concerned with

the only must haves are 4k
led
55 or larger

everything else is a bonus. smart would be cool but i dont need it. i have a smart blu ray. a roku and an android box.

so where do you get your tv's from? any site/box type store you recommend?

thanks

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
pawnshop deals are great, at least they were in the past

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
pawnshop deals are great, at least they were in the past

ok i guess the only other must is that it is new

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Walmart is your best bet. The only other thing I'd consider is waiting 2 months if you can to catch the after Thanksgiving deals. They usually have 55"+ TVs for a steal Black Friday weekend.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
what do you think?

seems like everyone i talk to in real life says go here or go there.

so i figure i would ask here

not looking for the best tv around. just looking for a decent tv at a good price.

so far man it looks like wal mart is probably the spot

www.walmart.com...

Sharp 55" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160p) HDR Smart LED TV

so right now price is what i am most concerned with

the only must haves are 4k
led
55 or larger

everything else is a bonus. smart would be cool but i dont need it. i have a smart blu ray. a roku and an android box.

so where do you get your tv's from? any site/box type store you recommend?

thanks

Online auction site, Not ebay. one where you bid and pick up locally.

One in my area is called equipbid , then one with the exact same software in Minnesotan called K bid.

I bet there is one in your area. I got a 50 inch 4k new in box for 125 bucks.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Walmart is your best bet. The only other thing I'd consider is waiting 2 months if you can to catch the after Thanksgiving deals. They usually have 55"+ TVs for a steal Black Friday weekend.

that is the plan
not going to do anything before black friday. just want one before christmas.
was going to start shopping around but it already seems like wal mart is the spot.

i bought a 65 a couple years ago and within a few months it would not turn on.
no repair shops left.

was going to return it but they said i needed the original box.
dont really get in the habit of keeping 65" tv boxes around

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
BestBuy if theres one near you

maybe Amazon but dlvry might be pricey

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
also Facebook marketplace. You can make a living on the deals on FB marketplace.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A few options,

I would suggest waiting until your neighbours go on holiday and get theirs for free.

If however you are willing to pay a little bit more I know a guy who sells them off the back of a van just don't ask him for a warranty and your sorted.

Otherwise, try amazing, I have got a few good deals on there on TVs over the years for some reason.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Got my last one at SAMs club.
Not sure it really makes much difference anymore.
If you can wait, Black Friday is a good time to buy.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sams club or costco. Go to the returns area, there are usually 5 or 6 TVs there. Pick one out, but never pay the price they've got listed on the used TV. Find a manager and negotiate a price. Also, before you take it out of the store, plug it in and make sure it works properly.

Or, eBay and pay with paypal so you can get your money back if it arrives damaged or didn;t work to begin with. Some credit cards offer that service, too.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Pay the extra couple of bills on Black Friday to pick up a Samsung or Sony. It's spendier, but the customer service is on point and the quality is their reputation on the line, so you won't get stuck with a piece of junk.

I presently have a 40" OLED Samsung in the master bedroom which I picked up for free from a friend. The TV has one bad HDMI port, new out of the box, still had the plastic film on the screen. Samsung replaced the TV for my friend and told him to recycle the broken one because shipping in AK is pretty expensive. I replaced the HDMI port with a $2 piece from the computer shop and it works fine. I also have a Vizio 65" plasma in the den. I bought it from Costco 10 years ago and it's never done me wrong. Though Vizios seem to be hit and miss for a lot of folks.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'd say Wal-Mart as well, and they recently started their Holliday lay away.
I put a 65 inch smart with roku built in on layaway.
I'll have it paid off in 4 more weeks, lol hope the one we have lasts that long, it's got black lines running horizontally through the picture.
LG and Samsung are the top, avoid Visio and a couple of the other bottom end ones.
I'm taking a chance on a TCL as all the reviews I found on it spoke highly of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Just keep searching and researching on the net until you find a model that has good reviews and is on sale from a well known and reputable retailer.

Got my 65 inch Samsung like that for $1700. Trust me, in Australia that's a good deal... Most people don't even believe me when I tell them how much I payed.

I'm sure you could do much better over there in the states, by just googling until you find a ridiculously good deal.

Last thing you want to do is just settle for some cheap random brand, which will probably just s# itself after a few months anyway.
edit on 19-9-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Amazon black Friday deals

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Dont know about the US - but in Australia it's against Consumer Law to specify such an exclusion on a warranty. I suspect the US may be the same.

For what it's worth I usually keep a scan of the receipt and a reminder on my PC set for 1 month before warranty expiry.

Good luck

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If there's a crack neighborhood near you......you can decorate your whole house for around $40.... I mean T.V. Pit group, lamps, tables the whole shebang......A crack head will try to sell you a damn potato if they are in the need.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
If there's a crack neighborhood near you......you can decorate your whole house for around $40.... I mean T.V. Pit group, lamps, tables the whole shebang......A crack head will try to sell you a damn potato if they are in the need.

Lol. You want to buy a washing machine door?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I got 3 on Amazon 2-3 years ago, two 55" and one 65"... all 4K. I found the price real low for Hisense TVs on Amazon, so I researched them.

Chinese company that makes all the parts for other brands, like Samsung, Sony and so on. So they put those parts together under their own name, for the same quality and lower price.

Very happy with all 3 of them.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

If you don't need the Smart TV stuff you can get this one for $250:
Sceptre 55" Class 4K TV
I'm ordering one this weekend. The reviews are really good and I use a Firestick so I don't need the "smart" extras.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join