It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Total classic

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
EU Shellfish import ban permanent, UK fishing industry told.

The EU has told British fishermen they are indefinitely banned from selling live mussels, oysters, clams, cockles and scallops to its member states.

As the UK is now a separate country, it is not allowed to transport the animals to the EU unless they have already been treated in purification plants.

But the industry says it does not have enough tanks ready and the process can slow exports, making them less viable.

The government promised to continue to "raise the issue" with the EU.

Morons.

edit on 2-2-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

lol you brit types love to get entangled up in # with mofos yall know are devious.

It's funny to watch from the sideline, not my circus, not my monkeys.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Wow...I thought that was the German Health Minister Jens Spahn looking for the promised EU Covid-19 vaccine supply.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Morons.

Indeed, the EU are acting like morons, as ever was the case. This act merely disadvantages people in EU countries who will now have a small amount less of some UK-sourced shellfish, thus rising prices.

It's a small detail in the reformation of the wider fishing industry and will probably come back to haunt the EU.

The UK media often seems unable to accurately report on things concerning the EU. What the shoddy BBC article you quoted failed to mention was that this ban only covers c.£20M of the c.£400M shellfish industry, so has been misleading by omission. The ban covers shellfish sourced in category B waters e.g. polluted estuaries, where contaminants persist.

Luckily for Scotland (although the nationalists will spin it like the victims they are), the Association of Scottish Shellfish Growers say there's no impact on them as they export these shellfish categories to the rest of the UK and not the EU. The main impact of the EUs regulation will be Wales.
edit on 3/2/2021 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Blimey - still a load of europhiles banging on about Brexit.
I'd have thought even they would have got over their failed attempt to undermine the democratic vote in this country.
Move on chaps. Your horror stories of the impact were just nightmares you told everyone about (again and again and again).
You were just plain wrong - on multiple levels.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ahhhh, Bring a tear to a glass eye.

I've tried several different combinations trying to get this video to show...hopeless

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-6-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Loads of them like the MAN James OB on LBC still think they were right. I can only stomach for a few mins at a time but his still banging on about the same old things - and looking quite ill these days too.

Remainers are just totally insane - they believe they are liberal when they are clearly the total opposite.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: geoffthesaint

Loads of them like the MAN James OB on LBC still think they were right. I can only stomach for a few mins at a time but his still banging on about the same old things - and looking quite ill these days too.

Remainers are just totally insane - they believe they are liberal when they are clearly the total opposite.

So name me one Brexit benefit we gained?...and please spare me the usual Brexiteer tripe of taking back control and various other buzz words and phrases.

Just give one thing that leaving the EU has shown to have an impact on all of our lives...for the better?.

Name me one deal we had that is better or even equal to what we had with the EU...Just 1.
edit on 25-6-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Some people whould not believe a Brexit benefit if it jumped up and slapped them!

There are a number of benefits of Brexit so far delivered. Mostly visible without blinkers.

The UK was not forced into the EUs vaccination crappery, so we are advanced in having the UK population inoculated against Covid, so that’s a start. Other examples, off the top of my head…

1. The Turing scheme supporting students studying abroad is significantly better than the EU’s Erasmus scheme.
2. The punitive Scotch whiskey tariffs caused by a tiff between the EU and the US was lifted.
3. The replacement for the environmentally catastrophic Common Agricultural Policy is in the offing and should be better all around.
4. Animal welfare in farming – we are banning the revolting foie gras! We won’t be adopting the current proposition in the EU to return to feeding animals with animal products. We are stopping cruel live animal exports and imports.

On trade deals. Give it time, but all EU legacy deals were rolled over. The UK-Japan deal was better than the one in place with the EU. The Norway and Iceland deal improves on the roll-over. The UK-Australian deal is a good deal even if some of the myths being propagated by the protectionist-anti-trade-gnat-brains held water. Other deals on the way… The Trans Pacific Partnership looks good – it’s big and full of opportunity.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

1, No one has taken up one place on this new Turing scheme yet according to you it's better than Erasmus?. I would ask yourto explain where they are "significantly better", but don't bother as it will just be another lie.

2, The Punitive tax on Scotch whisky was Trump's idea back in 2019, And the easing of sanctions is only for 4 months. lol
I'm more interested in what we hitched outskirts up and offered in return.

The US never lifted these restrictions out of the goodness of their hearts. UK firesale, Everything must go.

I can't even be arsed looking any deeper into your claims of fantastic deals and as the first two you mentioned are..well, regurgitated tory nonsense.

You're right, Some people wouldn't know a trade deal if it jumped up and slapped them in the face. Put some ice on it. The swelling will go down soon.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yawn. So predictable. Go and look at the comparison between Erasmus and Turing yourself. The Turing scheme started in March of this year. I am quite satisfied it's significantly better for students, especially help for disadvantaged students and the worldwide reach.

On the Scotch whiskey tariffs. Suspended and now part of wider conversations, so that's good. The UK dropped the reciprocal tariffs we were forced to impose by the EU. Why the UK has to pay for French and German Airbus stupidity should be the question!

Perhaps instead of crying about benefits, is there anything evidentially bad which has happened because of Brexit?

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Perhaps instead of crying about benefits, is there anything evidentially bad which has happened because of Brexit?

Oh so glad you asked.
fill yer boots.

UK food and drink exports fall by almost half

This was just the start Financial service firms move £1.3 Trillion to EU following Brexit vote.
Shall i go on?.

edit on 26-6-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yawn. So predictable. Go and look at the comparison between Erasmus and Turing yourself. The Turing scheme started in March of this year. I am quite satisfied it's significantly better for students, especially help for disadvantaged students and the worldwide reach.

Here's a professor's take on it.

The fatal design flaw in UK's Erasmus-Replacing Turing scheme

But I'm sure the comforting lies you either fall for or like to push for whatever your reasons help you sleep better but the rest of us aint falling for it.

10 weeks in and you have Turing is the greatest thing ever?. Care to tell us all how many people have taken up this scheme and how is it better than what they already had.?.

I'll answer that question for you.. or better still, I'll let a couple of professors answer that for you. It's not better, Students will be financially worse off.

The other professor's take on it.
The Turing scheme, does it pas the test?.

It seems likely that, despite the rhetoric about supporting the least well-off students, the result of a lack of funding for most students – whilst the costs of travel to outside Europe and increased paperwork post-Brexit hikes costs – might well reduce the overall numbers of UK students departing.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Here's a professor's take on it.

The fatal design flaw in UK's Erasmus-Replacing Turing scheme

But I'm sure the comforting lies you either fall for or like to push for whatever your reasons help you sleep better but the rest of us aint falling for it.

10 weeks in and you have Turing is the greatest thing ever?. Care to tell us all how many people have taken up this scheme and how is it better than what they already had.?.

I'll answer that question for you.. or better still, I'll let a couple of professors answer that for you. It's not better, Students will be financially worse off.

The other professor's take on it.
The Turing scheme, does it pas the test?.

It seems likely that, despite the rhetoric about supporting the least well-off students, the result of a lack of funding for most students – whilst the costs of travel to outside Europe and increased paperwork post-Brexit hikes costs – might well reduce the overall numbers of UK students departing.

Stop whining.
We're not in the EU (thankfully).
If you love it so much, move.

edit on 27/6/2021 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Blimey - still a load of europhiles banging on about Brexit.

They remind me of all the Trump sycophants desperately hanging on to the notion that he will somehow be returned to power some time soon.
He is not.
And we are NOT going to rejoin the EU in the foreseeable future.

Both groups of people need to get over it and move on.
Obsessing about the past and/or something that won't happen can't be good for a person.

Stop fixating on something that isn't going to happen and try to move forward.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The new farming measures are pretty great, it does mean an adjustment in when spreading occurs and sillage storage but these were coming in any way and the measures prevent soil errosion and polution of waterways/clogging drainage lines which benefit the farmers.

There were plans to allow an incredibly toxic pesticide for sugar beet (name escapes me) - the pesticide is so toxic one teaspoon can kill a lorry full of bees (80m or so). A petition was done by the wildlife trust and farners and within a week of that being launched the government did a u-turn and kept the ban. If we were still in the EU there'd be no chance of having such a common sense reversal of policy due to all the red tape and bureaucracy.

Voted remain myself but pretty impressed with some of the government plans so far and the EU are acting like bellends.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well, its true....we are #ed.

All foreign industry are going to desert us, Oh, hang on a minute;
Nissan to create thousands of UK jobs in battery investment
www.bbc.co.uk...

Chief EU Brexit negotiator Maroš Šefčovič has said that he is 'confident' that a solution to the chilled meat problem can be found by Thursday.
Yet again the EU see's sense near the deadline after trying to play hardball.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I for one welcome the EU's more conciliatory and common sense approach and sincerely hope we reciprocate in kind.
We both can and should be able to work together.
Despite the UK coming out of the EU we still have many shared interests and values and simply have to put aside our differences wherever possible.
Common sense solutions are nearly always possible.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Oh so glad you asked.
fill yer boots.

UK food and drink exports fall by almost half

This was just the start Financial service firms move £1.3 Trillion to EU following Brexit vote.
Shall i go on?.

And don't forget the fact that we are facing food shortages due to lack of pickers and drivers, a deficit fuelled by Brexit and anti-Foreigner sentiment and our own working class feel these jobs are below them.

edit on 28/6/21 by djz3ro because: Typo

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

And don't forget the fact that we are facing food shortages due to lack of pickers and drivers, .....

I was under the impression that any 'food shortages' we may be facing will be more down to the effects of the pandemic than anything else.

....a deficit fuelled by Brexit

How come?

..... and anti-Foreigner sentiment.....

Oh please give it a rest.
What 'anti-Foreigner' sentiment?

We live in one of the most tolerant country's in the world with an incredibly diverse population.
Please show me how this alleged 'anti-Foreigner' sentiment is any worse now that we've left the EU?

Its pitiful and highly insulting that Remainers have to continually try to label Brexit supporters as 'racist' at any and every opportunity possible....and incorrect and a blatant and outright LIE.

....and out own working class feel these jobs are below them.

Probably because the vast majority of our working class live in urban areas and are not going to uproot, go and live in the countryside or even travel there for what is at times even lower paid work than minimum wage.

A decent days wage for a decent days work has always been something I've thought to be a reasonable and fair expectation.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74 >>

join