It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Happy Brexit Day everyone!

congrats
how you have a great day

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
*UK left EU subscribers only chat*

Are they gone?

The Dawn of a new era is marked by The Tories lying through their teeth and remainers insulting everyone who voted differently to them. So exactly the same as the last era.

Midnight? Midnight!

edit on 31-1-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Not one single mention or remark from you all about the queen giving royal assent for our referendums bill ?

surely one of you must have a thought to add ?

The queen has just dropped a bomb on boris

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Top stuff from Pie

a pie that I am always happy to take a piece of

so #in funny

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You know my take on things.

I'd hate to see the break up of the Union and don't think it'd be in anyone's best interests.

But at the end of the day its Scotland's choice and no-one, especially someone who is unelected, has the right to deny Scotland its Right to Self-Determination if there is enough support to warrant it.

Soon be pub o'clock and my last shift on the doors.....and raising a glass to Brexit!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Not one single mention or remark from you all about the queen giving royal assent for our referendums bill ?

surely one of you must have a thought to add ?

Is she really going to give away part of her heritage?

The current monarch and head of state is Queen Elizabeth II, who ascended the throne in 1952. ... The British monarchy traces its origins from the petty kingdoms of early medieval Scotland and Anglo-Saxon England, which consolidated into the kingdoms of England and Scotland by the 10th century.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Worst rendition of GOD save the Queen I've ever heard but whatever...We're out.
edit on 31-1-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Happy Brexit Day everyone!

What a night! The three of us just did the conga around the Last Post car park. Bloody amazing!

Me and the lads have worked long and hard for this day to come, something UKTruth wouldn't know anything about! Never seen him on any of the marches, no doubt a glory hunter or one of these bots.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I want to congratulate and salute the fine people of Great Britain, for showing true courage and reclaiming their independence.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
UK ambassador confirms US have demanded major price hike in NHS drugs/medications and 'cholrine washed' chicken is tip of the iceberg in Pompeo's mental US-UK trade ddeal demands, who didn't see that coming

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Congratulations

I think you made the right choice.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
UK ambassador confirms US have demanded major price hike in NHS drugs/medications and 'cholrine washed' chicken is tip of the iceberg in Pompeo's mental US-UK trade ddeal demands, who didn't see that coming

www.mirror.co.uk...

With the key requirement being the UK bends over and braces itself.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

www.mirror.co.uk...

Until there is something said from an official point of view, I'm taking this as The Mirror being themselves and spreading useless scare tactics about Brexit, like they've been doing for 3 years.

Sir Kim Darroch sounds bitter that he was caught out. His opinion is worth as much as the rest of our opinions.

I don't doubt prices will hike up, but when someone more credible comes forward, I'll take notice. The Mirror is a joke of a news source. if you can even call it a news source.

Oh and I'm finally glad we've left the EU. Bumpy road ahead but in the long run, it'll all be worth it.
edit on Sat, 01 Feb 2020 04:14:11 -0600042022020000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk

originally posted by: ScepticScot

www.mirror.co.uk...

Until there is something said from an official point of view, I'm taking this as The Mirror being themselves and spreading useless scare tactics about Brexit, like they've been doing for 3 years.

Sir Kim Darroch sounds bitter that he was caught out. His opinion is worth as much as the rest of our opinions.

I don't doubt prices will hike up, but when someone more credible comes forward, I'll take notice. The Mirror is a joke of a news source. if you can even call it a news source.

Oh and I'm finally glad we've left the EU. Bumpy road ahead but in the long run, it'll all be worth it.

Only it already has been confirned through both statements made by US officials and leaked trade documents.

These aren't revelations from the former embassies but confirmation of what is already known.

The US is absolutely going to want the UK to diverge from EU food standards.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   

www.mirror.co.uk...

Well isn't that the beauty of being independent?

We can fish in our own waters? and dont need to be told how much we can fish

and how much more others can fish in our waters.........OR

Where we can buy our medicines from?

Pharmaceutical industry in India - Wikipedia
The pharmaceutical industry in India was valued at US$33 billion in 2017 and generic drugs account for 20 per cent of global exports in terms of volume, making the country the largest provider of generic medicines globally.

Pharma Industry in India: Pharma Sector Overview, Market ...
India is the largest provider of generic drugs globally. Indian pharmaceutical sector industry supplies over 50 per cent of global demand for various vaccines,

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

www.mirror.co.uk...

Well isn't that the beauty of being independent?

We can fish in our own waters? and dont need to be told how much we can fish

and how much more others can fish in our waters.........OR

Where we can buy our medicines from?

Pharmaceutical industry in India - Wikipedia
The pharmaceutical industry in India was valued at US$33 billion in 2017 and generic drugs account for 20 per cent of global exports in terms of volume, making the country the largest provider of generic medicines globally.

Pharma Industry in India: Pharma Sector Overview, Market ...
India is the largest provider of generic drugs globally. Indian pharmaceutical sector industry supplies over 50 per cent of global demand for various vaccines,

Not paticularly - it#s an essential demand to have any trade agreement with the US, if we don't agree to it all US-UK trade will never happen.

Indian meds would be great and quite cheap but the dosages of the drugs are regularly wrogn/poor quality control 10mg indian diazepam can be anything from 6mg to 24mg per tablet bu thinfs have improved in recent monhs due to international crackdown on India selling them on the black market to drug dealers - my medications essential to life (epillepy) are all made in mainland Europe and I've had trouble obtaining them for the last nine months as the minister in charge of it hadn't realised Calais/Dover is important to the UK and many cancer, radio medicine operations have been cancelled in the past months as flgiths have had to be diverted due to strong /winds and they have very short shelflife/UK customs.

Here's a reat resource for patients who require regular medication and tracking the shortages in the UK: www.epilepsy.org.uk...

I'm no Tory fan but very happy they're in control of the negations than Corbyn, but still expect us to be out the EU beaucratic frying pan and into the fire of WTO rules now we're out the largest, most powerful and benficial trade agrement in the world.

Also have the issue of being disabled so have lost all rights (UK has no disability minister, found guilty of denying disableb people the right to life by the UN, one of he only benefits of the EU was the ECHR overturned the illegal decisions of Labour and Conservatives in benefits/rights related matters.

Two of my specilast NHS professors, neurologists from the Walton international centre of excellence have been told to leave the UK, despite being top Drs who've worked in the UK and NHS for the last 15 years which is putting mine and all other patients lives, recovery and treatment at risk.

Fingers crossed things turn out well and the UK gets stronger because of it but for me personally and other disabled/ill people this is a very dark period as most human rights have been lost as Uk refused to appoint a replacement minister for disabled people until Brexit was finished.
edit on 1-2-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Not paticularly - it#s an essential demand to have any trade agreement with the US, if we don't agree to it all US-UK trade will never happen.

Trade by its very defination is a two way deal if it doesn't suit both

parties it doesn't get done. Trade is not a demand its a negotiation.

When you do business (trade) with a store and the goods dont come up to

scratch you have a recourse, if you dont get satisfaction, you would be

stupid to keep on trading? you would take your business elsewhere?

The freedom to exercise your rights!?

Indian meds would be great and quite cheap but the dosages of the drugs are regularly wrogn/poor quality control 10mg indian diazepam can be anything from 6mg to 24mg per tablet bu thinfs have improved in recent monhs due to international crackdown on India selling them on the black market to drug dealers - my medications essential to life (epillepy) are all made in mainland Europe and I've had trouble obtaining them for the last nine months as the minister in charge of it hadn't realised Calais/Dover is important to the UK and many cancer, radio medicine operations have been cancelled in the past months as flgiths have had to be diverted due to strong /winds and they have very short shelflife/UK customs.

I am amazed on your inculcation and blinkered thinking do you really

believe this country was impotent before the EU came into being?

I am sure there will be testing on ALL meds on going and at source....

Dover to Calais ?
Holdups traffic jams ......How long?

Just as quick a flight from India 10 hours?
Ways and means.

I'm no Tory fan but very happy they're in control of the negations than Corbyn, but still expect us to be out the EU beaucratic frying pan and into the fire of WTO rules now we're out the largest, most powerful and benficial trade agrement in the world.

Propaganda's seeping into your brain....... There WAS LIFE, a good

life before the EU.

Also have the issue of being disabled so have lost all rights (UK has no disability minister, found guilty of denying disableb people the right to life by the UN, one of he only benefits of the EU was the ECHR overturned the illegal decisions of Labour and Conservatives in benefits/rights related matters.

The UK has a good record on human rights indeed I believe better than that

of the EU, they probably stole theirs from the UK anyway.

The lack of disability minister? Dear me! we have only been out of the EU for

less than 24 hours.

Two of my specilast NHS professors, neurologists from the Walton international centre of excellence have been told to leave the UK, despite being top Drs who've worked in the UK and NHS for the last 15 years which is putting mine and all other patients lives, recovery and treatment at risk.

WHO told them to leave
Doubt it was the NHS......or the government.

They will be replaced if they do leave ......nobody is indispensable !!!!

Fingers crossed things turn out well and the UK gets stronger because of it but for me personally and other disabled/ill people this is a very dark period as most human rights have been lost as Uk refused to appoint a replacement minister for disabled people until Brexit was finished.

Ye of little faith.......with your problems you are living in the best country

with the best health service to be treated whether you are rich or poor.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The letters for the doctors came from the Home Office as they're 'not a qualified worker', obviously they're appealing as they legally have the right to remain the decision looks like an office monkey did it rather than someone competent who worked on the case. They're confident it'll be overturned.

It's staff from Walton Centre international centre of Neurological studies - the staff are the best in the world at their jobs and can't be replaced in this instance/hospital as it's cutting edge, one of the best centres in the world with most staff being the top drs in the world.

There's only four neurologists in Lancashire for 120,000 patients and waiting lists are 12 year plus for treatment for the past decade sue to lack of trained staff - there's only two epilepsy nurses for the same area - legal NICE guidlines are everyone recieves treatment by a neurologist in six months and epillepsy nurse at date of diagnosis but these are constantly broken due to cuts ---- I had t wait seven years to finally be given a neurologist and four years after that was the first time I was told epillepsy nurses exist. ---- staff are excellent, there's simply no funding, not enough staff for anyone to receive treatment in North West UK/Lancashire NHS.

There's not been a UK disability minister for nearly two years now - there won't be for a few more years until final trade deals and negotiations are finished. The UK government tried to hide the risks of medication changes behind national secrecy laws but a head neurologist in Scotland blew the whistle in a Newsnight interview months back as it was vital Drs, pharmacists and patients had access to the info and there were no reasons for it to have been given confidential risk to national security status by the Government.

The UK is the first world country found guilty by the UN for denying disabled people the right to existence. There is no one to fight for disability rights or help disabled people in the critical period of rewriting UK Human Rights law - around 10,000 have died so far as a direct result of DWP/Government breaaches of international law - the UK government laughed off the ruling and mocked it claiming no one is living in poverty and have refused to abide by international, european or UK law on disability rights.

The government lied about funds for disabled people and it's only been appeals at European Courts where this was turned round.

It's very true the UK has a fantastic Human Rights Record in all other areas - UK directly judges wrote 75% of the EU laws as we have such a good record historically.

Radioactive matertials and most medicines are not allowed to be transported via air - when they tried it in the pre brexit trials it was a complete disaster as flights couldn't land due to storms and airports/customs were not equiped to allow it into the UK.

They can' test all meds coming into the UK for dosage accuracy, mine perish in warmth, light, moisture within an hour and a 2% error would be fatal for most of them (have to take over 350 tablets a months to stay alive, control seizures - have had months of experience and following this area very closely. A friend's mum had her cancer op cancelled due to the # ups by government by failing to realise UK airport customs are not trained to clear nuclear medicine into the UK.

It was the government minister for trade who commented on twitter he was unaware that many goods came in dover-calais route and how vital it is for the UK.

edit on 2-2-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

TL;DR - I've been denied treatment, and misdiagnosed for several years, not had access to legal minimum healthcare proffesionals, there is no neuro-rehabilitation in Lancashire NHS. All consultant neurologists havee said this is due to lack of funding and terrible management (treatment is being refused as for the past decade neuroscience and mental health departments have been arguing over who funds the treatment instead of giving it).

Japan is far better for my condition - best mate is head radiologist/MRI guy over there, they have far more powerful scanners.

I'm from the North of the UK - I remember the pre-EU days, complete decimation of all manufacturing, mass poverty, mass unemployment, it being incredbily rare for anyone to have one left alone two parents in employment and even middle class families having to scrape by on banana/crab paste butties for every meal as money was so tight due to the government destroying the North and pumping all its money down South.

Medication wise people with serious health conditions can't chop and change manufacturers of the same drug as the synthesis, interactions and how it works with the brain and body are different. The only one that manages my epillepsy is a Sanofi Brand version of Epillim Chrono, it's on Drs, parmacy and prescription notes I can only be given this specific bran version as the other versions of epillim don't work for me and cause hospitalisation from clusters of seeizures.

Staying positive it'll all work out for the best though - just the current and former ministers working in this specific area have no knowledge or clue about the complexity of the issue and all trials so far have ended in disaster due to basic blunders like giving shipping contracts to a company with no experience and their application plan to the government was cut and pasted from Dominoes Pizza.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

UK ambassador confirms US have demanded major price hike in NHS drugs/medications and 'cholrine washed' chicken is tip of the iceberg in Pompeo's mental US-UK trade ddeal demands,

This is just a regurgitation of a debunked fake news story. People who believe this type of thing are being played. Come on guys – question your source and step out of the echo chamber for a minute!

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join